Is it time for Keaton to “Return”?

It would be a dream come true. And with DC's new movie label focusing on stand-alone movies featuring their iconic characters, they have a great excuse to make a new movie with Tim Burton, Michael Keaton and Michelle Pfeiffer. The only real downside would be not seeing Michael Gough and Pat Hingle again in their roles.

I loved Michael Gough as Alfred :up: I liked Hingle but I always felt he was underused.

Hingle barely had a personality as Gordon, let alone even share a scene with Keaton as Batman. You can count on one hand the number of scenes and lines he had in Batman Returns.

You know you're right. That scene is so quick and forgettable I forgot it even existed.

It would be a dream come true. And with DC's new movie label focusing on stand-alone movies featuring their iconic characters, they have a great excuse to make a new movie with Tim Burton, Michael Keaton and Michelle Pfeiffer. The only real downside would be not seeing Michael Gough and Pat Hingle again in their roles.
Considering Keaton's age, I wouldn't expect them to show up.

Plus I'd like a story exploring a Batman who is truly alone with no allies or friends.

This conversation keeps popping up. I hope WB notices. People are discussing Michael Keaton coming back in Batman Beyond on the first page of r/movies

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, aint it? Eh, even if I do want a Batman Beyond, I would not want Keaton back and or Burton.

I liked Keaton's Batman back in 89 and 91, but he had his time. Don't see any reason to bring him back.

Haven't we seen enough of The Dark Knight Returns now? Batman v Superman, The Dark Knight Rises and the two-part animated movie all mined that comic.

Haven't we seen enough of The Dark Knight Returns now? Batman v Superman, The Dark Knight Rises and the two-part animated movie all mined that comic.
That is true. If they were to make a full adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns, much as I and other fans might love it, GAs might take the view "Hey, I've already seen this bit in [insert previous movie]... and this bit was in that other one..."

I need more returns Catwoman. Wasn't she supposed to get her own movie?

Yeah. there's a script for it somewhere on line. It all fell through and eventually led to the Halle Berry abomination.
Halle needed a better costume ugh & movie period. She did good. I wonder why pheiffer couldn't get a movie her role is iconic. She was the star!

Buuut then again wonder woman is almost 80 & just now got her own film smh.

The Burton/Pfeiffer Catwoman movie was still in planning up to 1995. Daniel Waters, who wrote Batman Returns, handed in the script the very day Batman Forever came out in cinemas. His script was dark and satirical, and not what Warner Bros wanted.

I'd think it'd be cool to do a Dark Knight Returns with Keaton playing an aged Batman going up against Superman, it'll be epic.

Oh....wait.....

That makes me wonder if DOJ would’ve been received better if it had been an actual sequel to the Burton movies and starred Keaton as Batman.

Probably not.

Joe Quinones' interweb-log: Batman '89

i was looking at the comic pitch last night and was having a think about how an animated movie could go. Bring back Michael Keaton, Michelle Pfieffer and maybe Billy Dee Williams (you don't want to be accused of copying the 66 film or Burtonising Forever). Maybe Marlon Wayans will voice Robin?

- Start at Haley's Circus, the murder happens
- Bruce takes Dick Grayson in
- Harley Quinn starts causing trouble, wanting to avenge the Joker's death
- Catwoman returns but Bruce doesn't know if he can trust her
- Dick becomes Robin
- Two-Face appears months after Harvey's accident and disappearance
- Two-Face and Harley team up
- Batman & Robin vs Two-Face and Harley Quinn, with Catwoman joining in on Batman's side by the end

Batgirl and Poison Ivy were both also in the pitch but I didn't know what to do with them.

I would prefer them to move forward with whatever DCEU vision they've got. Not backwards. Not unless you're doing a story with Barry Allen as the Flash where you can throw in time travel. :p

Isn't the Joker movie supposed to feature Bruce's father? For old Batman and his old man to co-exist in the same world will be miserably confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"