• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Legends of Tomorrow DC'S Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 1: "Pilot, Part 1"

On another note, it was interesting to see the show confirm that Vandal was originally known as "Hath-Set" back in Ancient Egypt, which was the character that some of us had pointed out in Vandal sharing a lot of similarities with back when he appeared in the Crossover Event.

Speaking of the Crossover, I feel like they shouldn't have introduced him in that place.

It would have been less complicated had they not tied Vandal with the Hawks's history where he needs to kill them to maintain his immortality, let alone where he can only be killed if the death blow is delivered to him by one of the Hawks with a certain ancient artifact.

I only say that because if you really think about it, Rip could have simply gone back in time to the events of the Crossover and organize it where the Hawks would have been the ones to give him the death blow with the staff instead of Flash and Arrow.

There will likely be more to it to completely stopping vandal.

There should be no stopping to Vandal. Unless it means burying him in a tomb where no one will ever find him.

There should be no stopping to Vandal. Unless it means burying him in a tomb where no one will ever find him.

Vacuum up his ashes, mix them up with cement and use it for the foundation of a building. That will keep him out of trouble for awhile.

The first episode felt very rushed. And i really dislike a couple of the characters (the Hawks and Hunter for the most part).
I really did enjoy the scene in the bar. Such a great charater bonding moment and elivated all three of the chracters present to the favorite position.

Overall an above average episode that makes me want to check out the next episodes for sure.

I cannot believe I did not realize the actor playing Rip was Rory from Doctor Who, I had a suspicion that was who it was but the beard made it hard to tell and I looked up the show on wiki and it said that he was Rory. so this actor is playing on 2 different show involving time travel ;).

Nice to see that my theory panned out, and Hunter really chose those 8 because ultimately they had little impact on the timeline.

It's a good way of explaining why he couldn't choose Flash, Green Arrow, Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman for his team. Their involvement would damage the timeline.

Speaking of the Crossover, I feel like they shouldn't have introduced him in that place.

It would have been less complicated had they not tied Vandal with the Hawks's history where he needs to kill them to maintain his immortality, let alone where he can only be killed if the death blow is delivered to him by one of the Hawks with a certain ancient artifact.

I only say that because if you really think about it, Rip could have simply gone back in time to the events of the Crossover and organize it where the Hawks would have been the ones to give him the death blow with the staff instead of Flash and Arrow.

yeah as you know that part about killing to main tain his immortality was a harper family story line the guardian and Roy and his daughters story line . and it had to do with them being related to him. I think there was certain limit to his immortality like what happened with ra's and the pitin the books. using organ's from his decendents(harper blood line among others) helpe prolong vandal's immortal life. with the hawk it's not another thing with in the show that has yet to be fully explained.

but it showed something about the harper family bloodline and their link meta human wise. kinda like what happening in the comic's with/between Night wing (dick grayson) the talons of the court of the owls, where his grand father lived longer then most people expected.

But any way this happened with the hawks in this show. so.. on topi with the rest of what you said,

That's what Rip should have done. I guess that he didn't think of it and it didn't occur to him . It's too late now it likely isn't possible the might be a chance there's some one like chronos waiting for him too. and we would be have this adventure ether. these character needed some place to be instead of in arrow (with writers that have the time for them wouldn't be weirdly over whelm cause they aren't good organizing their plots) and as reoccurring character. and stein needed something to do as well . not sure about the two main rogues. could have been explored in flash. it'll be fun to see it happen here if they (former villains )like being heroes.

Vacuum up his ashes, mix them up with cement and use it for the foundation of a building. That will keep him out of trouble for awhile.
or send his ashes in a capsule, in a space journey and make sure it's to the sun and permanently vaper riser him.

It's a good way of explaining why he couldn't choose Flash, Green Arrow, Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman for his team. Their involvement would damage the timeline.

wwhen you think about it makes sense and sorry while is down on him self and all when ray came back he made sure he waould make an impact by not announce to the world he was alive and just missing. he didn't have to explain the full detail that he was scrunk. but he could have said he was indeed kidnapped though and the the ordeal has him in bad state and needed time to him self. and still leave filicety to be the CEO while he did what bruce does .

sara situation was messy and there still that time where she visited her father and I'm some of the cops that survive slades siege must have over hear her call captain lance dad while casually walking by with their paper work in the squad room before he became captain and she took off came back to be killed. ether way most of the time she didn't interact with too many people beside her bar tending job at the club and she still went by sara. as to her assassin identity she mostly tried to stay out of site so it makes sense why she wasn't notice and will continue to be unless she make sure people notice now that she came back. but with the issue of the blood lust she may not want to do that and since she's time traveling now......

doctor stein and jessy make no sense why they are in the they made no history category stein should have made some note worthy now that he came back to his wife and jessy with him as fire storm should have made some news in history and seeing they usual a man on fire it's not like people will recognize when they aren't fire storm. but as fire storm they should have made some impact had they not went on the time travel trip.

I don't buy the snart/ capatain cold and heat wave made no impact with any possible future crime had they not went on the time travel trip.
but the writers have them there, just for plain chaos reasons and they want play around with being possible but reluctant hero. Heat wave won't care regardless if he become a hero it'll be by accident due to the trip it'll be like what happened to skeletor in the heman & shera christmas special where start doing nice things and doesn't like it. but is still doing it any way. it'll be comedic with heat wave. but they so the writers will have fun with the chaos those might help create.

the hawks are pretty much stuck .

Last edited:
Something's not adding up... Unless they got their facts wrong, Eobard Thawne (The Reverse Flash) was born in the year 2151 in this universe.

However, the dystopian future that Rip comes from takes place in 2166. So unless Eobard became the Reverse Flash and left his own timeline by the time he was 15 Years old, wouldn't he have mentioned the dystopian future that he comes from?

Whenever he talked about his own timeline, you never got a hint that Eobard came from a world that was being ruled with an iron fist by Savage. In fact, the only bad thing to be mentioned was that there was either a shortage of cows or no cows left at all in his timeline.

Any thoughts?

Something's not adding up... Unless they got their facts wrong, Eobard Thawne (The Reverse Flash) was born in the year 2151 in this universe.

However, the dystopian future that Rip comes from takes place in 2166. So unless Eobard became the Reverse Flash and left his own timeline by the time he was 15 Years old, wouldn't he have mentioned the dystopian future that he comes from?

Whenever he talked about his own timeline, you never got a hint that Eobard came from a world that was being ruled with an iron fist by Savage. In fact, the only bad thing to be mentioned was that there was either a shortage of cows or no cows left at all in his timeline.

Any thoughts?

He destroyed his own timeline or Barry did

Any thoughts?
well rip said he was in the time masters and his organization the time masters didn't allow for family's which he broke the rules and savage was making moves around this time. but lets remember vandal has always hid and operated behind another figure in his thirsty for conquest and power, cause it takes peoples eyes off him which the nazi war and other stuff like Rome during BC etc. so since vandal was in the shadows.

it's possible Eobard didn't experienced this stuff cause it happened after his journey to being a super villain. or their time line diverged where rip
's involved. Also in the books as a teen flash was Eobards hero. Here we'll have to see if Eobard ever looked at Barry this way.

All we know is he had deep hate for barry and refused to tell why he hated him. like it was bait.

Last edited:
Eh, it was ok. A very ok Disney Channel original movie feel. I see it getting better though. And it's probably best to not ask questions when time travel is involved, honestly.

The characters we've come to know through Arrow and The Flash worked very well together in this show's premiere. I was especially surprised at how much I enjoyed the growing friendship that Sara is forming with Captain Cold and Heat Wave. The three of them were really developing some great chemistry in this episode when they were working together and interacting in the bar scene. I think that Leonard kind of liked seeing Sara dancing, LOL.

It was also a solid introduction for Rip Hunter, and they really got the ball rolling fast on the whole time travel plot. I enjoyed seeing Vandal Savage back as the villain. I can't wait to watch Part 2 this week.

Really, really loved the first part of the pilot. They took off running in a good way (this is where the crossover stuff in Arrow/Flash finally pay off), but hopefully they give episodes more time to flesh out. Stein (hilarious and crazy that he would drug his other half due to curiosity) and Heatwave are competing for one-liners. Cold scheming about stealing stuff and then proceeding to shut down Jax when they head out to the bar. The trio of Sara/Snart/Heatwave work really well together, and the entire bar scene was great. I hope they find a way to use 2016 currency in the past with them getting turned away. Ray trying to find a purpose for something greater was actually something fleshed out from a previous episode of Arrow. Rip Hunter deceiving them and actually giving a reason why bigger heroes such as GA and Flash without directly telling it was pretty well done. Kendra having to grip with the reality of her reincarnations and just dropping the bomb that she had a son along with how certain knowledge of the past could actually cause it. Also, Gideon!!!

This probably should have aired both parts together, but it is what it is.

This was ok, nothing more, nothing less for me.

Eh, it was ok. A very ok Disney Channel original movie feel. I see it getting better though. And it's probably best to not ask questions when time travel is involved, honestly.
nah there was no Roofying in those show as heatwave called what dr. stein did to his partner Jessy making come on the trip. maybe other of the more adult(not triple x with any that gonna say that cause they don't have that) studio out lets that people don't know or recognize is owned by Disney but not a known Disney movie.

For me, heatwave is my fav character. He was hilarious. I also like Sara (who I loved on arrow) and Capt Cold (who I actually thought was cringeworthy on the flash). Capt cold was so much better on this show. He works better when he's with Heatwave. Those three were the highlight. Loved the roofie scene and the bar scene.

My least favorite were the hawkcouple. They lack charisma atm. Hopefully that changes.

I really can't stand the actor for Hawkman. Dude comes off as though he's always tired and half asleep.

Loved:

That it didn't blow chunks as I feared it would
Surprising bits of chemistry between characters, Jax and the Rogues seemed incredibly magnetic in their scenes with other characters.
Some the effects seemed smart and cool
The insignificance twist was smart

Didn't Love:

The insignificance twist puts the title and the premise at odds
The show is too big for the universe. It's not a natural progression of the Arrow/Flash verse, and the rest of the 'verse has been derailed to develop these characters and this show doesn't seem to justify it to me.
The chemistry between this large cast is... spotty to say the least. Atom is misdirected and the character is lost. Rip is similarly a prop. This could be because of the time, but the attempts at developing these two fell so flat, my optimism is gone.
The Hawks are mis-developed. The power dynamic between them is trite making both characters less likable. Hawkman is insufferable and Hawkgirl is useless, and the moment either gives in to the other they both become non-characters because that's all they seem to have.

Well this was a whole lot of nothing, I thought. It wasn't awful, it wasn't good, it just...existed. I thought the characters were really hit or miss particularly. Sara's great (despite the awful scene with Laurel), and I like Captain Cold and Stein a lot too. The bounty hunter was pretty good for his small role. Indifferent on Jackson and Rip. Hawkman is absolutely awful, Hawkgirl is getting up there as well, Heatwave is cringe-worthy and Atom is as irritating as he was on Arrow.

I really can't stand the actor for Hawkman. Dude comes off as though he's always tired and half asleep.
He comes off as a *****ebag. Too....layed back.

I enjoy the pilot because I enjoy superhero team ups. It's a welcome thing for me, I was freaking goin crazy when they all faught the bounty hunter. The CGI for a TV Show holds up suprisingly good. As long as the show delivers good fights and action I'm good and so far from the pilot it hasn't dissappointed in that aspect.

If, by Season's End, we have to "tragically" lose a few characters in the fight against Savage...I nominate Heatwave and Hawkman.

But if I had to choose ONLY ONE between the two, then definitely Hawkman.

The dude lacks presence, charisma, and acting skills. At least with Heatwave, I'm always entertained and the dude has presence.

The Only reason why I'd keep Hawkgirl is because this DC universe could use more female heroes.

If, by Season's End, we have to "tragically" lose a few characters in the fight against Savage...I nominate Heatwave and Hawkman.

But if I had to choose ONLY ONE between the two, then definitely Hawkman.

The dude lacks presence, charisma, and acting skills. At least with Heatwave, I'm always entertained and the dude has presence.

The Only reason why I'd keep Hawkgirl is because this DC universe could use more female heroes.

Agreed! The guy who plays Hawkman just isn't a good actor. As far as the show tho I loved the episode the tone felt doctor whoish in a good way seeing so many hero's and villains in one show is awesome. Still wanna know how Savage got back from his dust state

Ya. I also agree that the guy who plays Hawkman is not a great actor but above that, I thought having both Hawkgirl (who alone is absolutely fine) and Hawkman in the team was a mistake in the first place. I perfectly understand that story wise, they couldn't have got to where they are without him but now that purpose has been served, he has to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"