DCU Heroes, Connections and Cameos Thread

Invader Joker

Superhero
Reaction score
Superman: Legacy Cast – James Gunn’s Top Choices for His DC Movie – The Hollywood Reporter!

And while the roles being chased by many of the town’s up-and-comers include the trio of classic characters, sources say the movie will be populated by many faces as it will seek to introduce DC heroes that are already established in the movie’s setting.

Which characters from the wider DCU do you think will appear on Superman: Legacy and who would you like to see play them?

Superman: Legacy Cast – James Gunn’s Top Choices for His DC Movie – The Hollywood Reporter!

Which characters from the wider DCU do you think will appear on Superman: Legacy and who would you like to see play them?

tenor.gif

If my hunch about Chapter One: Gods and Monsters is correct, I have a very strong feeling The Authority will make an appearance here.

Could do a newspaper or news chyron mentioning Bruce for a little background fun. Maybe he and Luthor, or whomever, are in some sort of legal dispute.

Good. I’m hoping to see the Watchtower with some heroes hanging out.

Establish that iconic imagery right away to really breathe that DC life into the new universe.

Good. I’m hoping to see the Watchtower with some heroes hanging out.

Establish that iconic imagery right away to really breathe that DC life into the new universe.
To be honest I'd much much rather have the Justice League not established already.
To me, the only point of even doing cinematic universes like this is because of the prospect of seeing the heroes develop those iconic relationships over time. Having them already set up that way from the get-go kinda undermines a bit of that.

I could actually see The Authority, or a few members of the Authority, and Supergirl, making cameos as opposed to bigger guns like Batman or WW appearing in SL.

I could see characters like Batman, WW, or GL alluded to in dialog , but I tend to think The Authority and Supergirl have better odds in actually showing up in this film as opposed to the Trinity.

Wouldn't Supergirl just count as part of Superman's own supporting cast?

If my theory about Chapter One: Gods and Monsters is correct, I suspect the Authority will show up in some capacity here.

Last edited:
Supergirl should be a must for this film. If she's not in it then they've already begun to have failures for this universe.

Supergirl should be a must for this film. If she's not in it then they've already begun to have failures for this universe.
Wouldn't quit say that. Honestly they could link brainiac , lobo and super girl all in the first film and make it organic enough.

But maybe they will go for a smaller cast. Intro lex and start the rivalry here to setup sequels and other crossovers etc. With someone like Metal being the main villain. Would be the simplest way.

Idk about that. Would be cool to give her a little set up in the film though. Maybe tease her 21st birthday for the WoT adaptation.

Wouldn't quit say that. Honestly they could link brainiac , lobo and super girl all in the first film and make it organic enough.

But maybe they will go for a smaller cast. Intro lex and start the rivalry here to setup sequels and other crossovers etc. With someone like Metal being the main villain. Would be the simplest way.

She's getting her own film. She should already be getting established and set up for fans. It wont be an origin film as she is already Supergirl. We're already jumping into an "established" universe and this trend of Superman/Supergirl never being in the same film together is old.

She's getting her own film. She should already be getting established and set up for fans. It wont be an origin film as she is already Supergirl. We're already jumping into an "established" universe and this trend of Superman/Supergirl never being in the same film together is old.

Hard agree.

For me it makes absolutely zero sense to include Krypto and not Kara.

And I'm so sick of "building up" Superman's world in film only to never do it because the series is cancelled or course corrected or whatever. I want to go into this movie with a fleshed-out Super-world in the same sense that there is a fleshed-out Bat-world in The Batman.

If Batman can have Damien in this continuity - and Dick, Barbara, Jason etc. all exist - then Superman can have Kara.

IF Braniac is in any way in this, then you have to have Kara. She lives through the horror that was seeing Bizarro shrink And steal Kandor. She is the one who establishes the extent of the threat that Braniac represents.

Sterling K. Brown would make a pretty good Mr. Terrific IMO, assuming that Gunn is willing to cast a late fortysomething in the role. Not only does he have the chops and the build for it, but he's also best known for playing a highly intelligent character on the now-defunct This is Us. Hence, he should have no problem conveying Terrific's brainier side.

I think they need to establish pretty quickly that this world is full of heroes and villains.
I wouldn't necessarily march heroes and villains across the screen in cameos, but news reports, magazine covers etc showing them would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"