Supergirl Dean Cain, Helen Slater Join Supergirl

Henshaw being black has absolutely no bearing on the character becoming the Cyborg Superman because his original body looked nothing like Superman's.

maybe he'll reprise more or less his role as superman

There are quite a few possible roles the two Super actors could fill. Kara's adoptive parents are the likely option, but I was thinking that might not be.

Here are a few possible male and female roles up for grabs:

Male:

(Already cast: James Olsen, Hank Henshaw, Winslow Schott)
- Zor-El (Kara's biological father)
- Dan Turpin (Metropolis PD detective)
- Fred Danvers (Kara's adoptive father from the Pre-Crisis era)
- A Kryptonian mentor/friend à la Zaltar (played by the late Peter O'Toole in the 1984 movie)

Female:

(Already cast: Kara/Supergirl, Alexandra Danvers, Alura, Cat Grant)
- Edna Danvers (Kara's adoptive mother from the Pre-Crisis era)
- Lucy Lane (Lois' younger sister; in the movie, she was also a student at the same boarding school Kara ended up hiding in)
- Captain Maggie Sawyer (head of the Metropolis PD's SCU)

Long shots: Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Perry White.

There are quite a few possible roles the two Super actors could fill. Kara's adoptive parents are the likely option, but I was thinking that might not be.

Here are a few possible male and female roles up for grabs:

Male:

(Already cast: James Olsen, Hank Henshaw, Winslow Schott)
- Zor-El (Kara's biological father)
- Dan Turpin (Metropolis PD detective)
- Fred Danvers (Kara's adoptive father from the Pre-Crisis era)
- A Kryptonian mentor/friend à la Zaltar (played by the late Peter O'Toole in the 1984 movie)

1) Definitely a possibility
2) The series is set in National City, not Metropolis, so that's a big fat No
3) Definitely a possibility
4) Kara's Kryptonian 'inspiration' comes from her birth mother Alura and her cousin Kal-El

Female:

(Already cast: Kara/Supergirl, Alexandra Danvers, Alura, Cat Grant)
- Edna Danvers (Kara's adoptive mother from the Pre-Crisis era)
- Lucy Lane (Lois' younger sister; in the movie, she was also a student at the same boarding school Kara ended up hiding in)
- Captain Maggie Sawyer (head of the Metropolis PD's SCU

2) Helen Slater is in her 60s; she's not going to be playing a young character
3) See #2 from the Male section

2) The series is set in National City, not Metropolis, so that's a big fat No
3) Definitely a possibility
4) Kara's Kryptonian 'inspiration' comes from her birth mother Alura and her cousin Kal-El

2) Helen Slater is in her 60s; she's not going to be playing a young character
3) See #2 from the Male section

Helen Slater is not in her 60s at age 51. :o

couldn't capt. sawyer and/or det. turpin be retconned as working for the ncpd ?

couldn't capt. sawyer and/or det. turpin be retconned as working for the ncpd ?

I don't know about being retconned. I just considered the possibility Kara could visit Metropolis in the future, and she could catch the attention of the SCU.

I wanted Dean Cain to play Jor-el in the MOS movie, so why not Supergirl? :D

I am not a Dean Cain fan. Whatever his role is, I hope it is a limited one.

I am not a Dean Cain fan. Whatever his role is, I hope it is a limited one.

Well Dean Cain's role in Lois & Clark was limited to 87 episodes. :p

maybe it is insp, Henderson as supergirl's police contact/handler

I like them both, so looking forward to them appearing in the show. I met Slater at the SUPERMAN FESTIVAL a few years back, she was very sweet and nice. While I didn't think very much of her SUPERGIRL movie, she was very good in the role. I've never met Cain, but I'm a fan of him and his LOIS AND CLARK show. I hope they have good roles in the new show.

it would be cool if they played Kara's adoptive parents.

Yet, no love for Gerard Christopher or John Haymes Newton. Such tragedy.

Yet, no love for Gerard Christopher or John Haymes Newton. Such tragedy.

I didn't see the show until about 4 years ago and season 1 of Superboy was some of the worst acting, writing and directing I think I've seen. It did improve though as it went on and I enjoyed it. Stacy Haiduk made it easier to watch too.

Lets all get a petition going to get the old Superboys cast in Supergirl!

Or not.

I didn't see the show until about 4 years ago and season 1 of Superboy was some of the worst acting, writing and directing I think I've seen. It did improve though as it went on and I enjoyed it. Stacy Haiduk made it easier to watch too.

Lets all get a petition going to get the old Superboys cast in Supergirl!

Or not.

Superboy was so very terrible. Especially season one. I am sure this is common knowledge by now, but Gerard Christopher auditioned for and was initially offered the role in Lois and Clark until the producers learned that he was Superboy. They wanted someone with no prior connection to the role.

Superboy was so very terrible. Especially season one. I am sure this is common knowledge by now, but Gerard Christopher auditioned for and was initially offered the role in Lois and Clark until the producers learned that he was Superboy. They wanted someone with no prior connection to the role.

How could the producers not know he was Superboy before? You'd think they would know such things or at least check.

So he was offered the role and then they took it back? That sucks...

Interesting, I didn't know that. You can see where they were coming from though. Besides, Cain and Hatcher were perfect together, great chemistry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"