Supergirl Dean Cain, Helen Slater Join Supergirl

Interesting, I didn't know that. You can see where they were coming from though. Besides, Cain and Hatcher were perfect together, great chemistry.

It was during the audition, apparently they (casting directors) liked him a lot, said they chose him for the part, then the producer picked up his resume from the table and shouted "You have already done this!"

It was during the audition, apparently they (casting directors) liked him a lot, said they chose him for the part, then the producer picked up his resume from the table and shouted "You have already done this!"

He must have been really down about that, especially when the show went on to be a hit. Surely he knew before auditioning what the requirements were though?

He must have been really down about that, especially when the show went on to be a hit. Surely he knew before auditioning what the requirements were though?

I do not know if there were any "no previous Supermen" clauses to the auditions. But do not feel bad for Gerard Christopher. He went on to have great success with his acting career. Starring in such hits as...

I do not know if there were any "no previous Supermen" clauses to the auditions. But do not feel bad for Gerard Christopher. He went on to have great success with his acting career. Starring in such hits as...

:meanie::hehe:

I must be too tired but I'm sure someone mentioned recently somewhere on here that they wanted no previous connection to Superman for the role ?

-edit- Spoilers if you don't know Cain's role in the series yet.
Interview with Dean Cain:
Link

I love being part of the whole Superman lore. If I get a chance to do anything in the films or shows, I embrace it. It's not something I feel pigeonholed into since I've done so many other films and projects. I'm a fan, as well as someone who has gotten to play these characters. I embrace the heck out of it. I'll do it as often as I can. I'm really looking forward to doing some fun stuff on "Supergirl."
:woot:

Last edited:
I wonder what other Superman alumni will be guest starring in the series in season 2.

Season 1: Dean Cain, Helen Slater & Laura Vandervoort

Tracey Scoggins would be cool as a rival to Cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"