Demon Knights

Really digging it. Thought they got everyone together well. It just made me laugh though because everyone finding their way to the same pub and meeting do to various circumstances or attack is EXACTLY how my friends and I start most of our DND campaigns.

The art is fantastic. I really love the use of all the secondary colors.

All that said, Etrigan really needs to rhyme at least on occasion when he's like attackign or trying to intimidate someone...or puting the moves on Xanadu.

Also...WAS THAT A CASTLE ON THE BACK OF A DINOSAUR?

So was that a tranny!? :awesome:

Well yeah, because in DC universe it shares the same history as us with that women we're just a tool to get married, not allowed to be knights or militia for their kingdom at all.

Yeah, the short version of my review is that Demon Knights is the best New 52 comic I read this week, it's up there with Swamp Thing and Animal Man among the best new #1s launched by DC thus far, and I had this expression - :awesome: - on my face pretty much through the whole comic.

Yeah, the short version of my review is that Demon Knights is the best New 52 comic I read this week, it's up there with Swamp Thing and Animal Man among the best new #1s launched by DC thus far, and I had this expression - :awesome: - on my face pretty much through the whole comic.

You and me both :up:

Demon Knights was incredible and I'm looking forward to the next issue of this series so much. The writing was just brilliant. Loved the artwork as well thought that it was pretty great

redhawk23 said:
All that said, Etrigan really needs to rhyme at least on occasion when he's like attackign or trying to intimidate someone...or puting the moves on Xanadu.

Picturing Etrigan flirting with Xanadu by making up poetry for her now. It's adorable and it needs to happen :up:

Make it happen Cornell

Also...WAS THAT A CASTLE ON THE BACK OF A DINOSAUR?

On the back of a dragon :awesome:

I read your full review last night. Great stuff.

So I got this on a whim, word of mouth and all, and it was nuts. Crazy fun, brilliant dialogue, I'm in.

It was good overall, but some of the characters left me cold. Madame Xanadu bears little resemblance to her recent Vertigo counterpart, which is the version I love. Jason Blood/Etrigan are also pretty alien if your main exposure to them is from the Justice League cartoon. I thought Merlin bonding them so casually for no apparent reason sucked. A lot. Also, the man-hating Amazon is a bit clichéd and annoying.

But otherwise, good issue. I'm intrigued enough to continue reading, at least.

It was good overall, but some of the characters left me cold. Madame Xanadu bears little resemblance to her recent Vertigo counterpart, which is the version I love. Jason Blood/Etrigan are also pretty alien if your main exposure to them is from the Justice League cartoon. I thought Merlin bonding them so casually for no apparent reason sucked. A lot. Also, the man-hating Amazon is a bit clichéd and annoying.

Is the Vertigo series worth trying? I saw like the first 10 issues or so gathering dust in a back issue bin at the Glasgow Comic Con a few months back for something like 50- each, and I was tempted to sample a few, but ultimately balked.

The Vertigo series is wonderful. I fell in love with both Madame Xanadu and Amy Reeder Hadley's art on it. Although, it might be better to spare yourself if you're going to be following Demon Knights' version of Xanadu. I know they're different versions, but I can't help looking for the Vertigo version in each of the DK version's panels, which has left me a bit disappointed in the latter so far.

The Vertigo series was utterly fab its true definitely one of my favourite Vertigo series

Xanadu was very different in this issue from how she was portrayed in that series but it might just be because this is a different time in her life and different circumstances. I thought she was still quite fun to read in this issue :up:

She didn't seem all that much of a man hater seeing as she was sticking up for that Arab fellow.

The Vertigo series was utterly fab its true definitely one of my favourite Vertigo series

Xanadu was very different in this issue from how she was portrayed in that series but it might just be because this is a different time in her life and different circumstances. I thought she was still quite fun to read in this issue :up:

I don't even think it's the same Madame Xanadu. I think the vertigo stuff was probably tossed out the window. Which sucks.

I agree with Corp on this. Merlin bonding Etrigan to Jason Blood for no reason was kinda stupid(one wonders if the relaunch keeps the fact that Etrigan and Merlin are half-brothers). The affair between Xanadu and Merlin was probably also tossed out the window, too.

and I want Etrigan to rhyme, damnit!:cmad:

I don't know. Looked like he had a reason. He just didn't explain.

I suspect he did have a reason and that'll be shown later on. But it felt really weird and arbitrary in this issue.

She didn't seem all that much of a man hater seeing as she was sticking up for that Arab fellow.
By talking about how Amazons castrate men. Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

Still, she didn't have to do it to help out some stranger.

Now if she said all that just to find out where the ladies room was, then you'd have a point. :o

All right, so just a b**** rather than a man-hater. She still annoyed me.

That's really more of an "Irked" situation.

She Irked you. :o :)

Geesh I still haven't read this and feel almost bad about it but I just got back from barhopping with a very close friend so time keeps getting pressed but hey I also loan him 65% of the new 52 too; so I feel like I'm doing my part in spreading the good word as a DC fan at least. I'm gonna have to read this right now. The word of mouth has been bananas. Everybody who I know that reads comics keeps telling me "read the damn thing already it's more than worth the $3" lol.

Lol.

I'm mocking you.

I don't know about more than worth $3. It's definitely worth the $3. But more? I don't know. You know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"