Demon Knights

Well, no. And with tax, it was technically more than that anyway. But I see your point. The degree of moreness must be taken into account. I don't really know where I'd draw the line. I'm glad it was $3 rather than $4, but I suspect I would've still bought it if it were $4. $4.50 or $5, though? I don't think so.

I suspect he did have a reason and that'll be shown later on. But it felt really weird and arbitrary in this issue.

By talking about how Amazons castrate men. Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

I think she probably said that just to scare the barman who was being a racist dbag

If she really hated men she wouldnt stand up for one when he was being insulted

CrimsonMist said:
I don't even think it's the same Madame Xanadu. I think the vertigo stuff was probably tossed out the window. Which sucks.

If it has I'mma be :cmad:

She could be a man-hater whose man-hatred is exceeded by her hatred of racism. People are complex.

Here in Scotland, castration is one of the more controversial contests of the Highland Games.

The best is the caber toss/castration combo. They toss a massive tree trunk with pinpoint accuracy... right onto another dude's junk. You'll never see anything else like it. :up:

The best is the caber toss/castration combo. They toss a massive tree trunk with pinpoint accuracy... right onto another dude's junk. You'll never see anything else like it. :up:

Mr T holds the gold medal in it currently :up:

Here in Scotland, castration is one of the more controversial contests of the Highland Games.

And yet also one of the most popular

Also a possibility. Castration is highly underrated as a pastime.

:funny:

Last edited:
Bit late to the ballgame, but... Corp, I agree with a lot of your review from the B/T thread, which is good, because it means you're sane. :awesome:

This was a good issue, and so better than Cornell's other title, but it doesn't really pass out of the "good" range of give-or-take three stars out of five. It wasn't average enough for me to say 2.5, but it doesn't go much past three. It's competent. It makes for an okay foundation, but while we're introduced to that character or this character, there's no establishing any of them. And Cornell and some of his readerbase are wrong regarding Magnificent Seven. There might be seven characters, but they in no way mirror the Seven, nor the set-up of that film.

The real selling point is the art. Neves has some wonderful line-art and panel composition, and it's pretty with a good fit for something that's sword-and-sorcery.

But a bit of stilted dialogue and a huge tone shift with Etrigan's first dialogue is pretty problematic.

I still think it's abit ridicilous how they all just end up being at the same town and tavern. :p

DEMONK_Cv4.jpg

DEMON KNIGHTS #4
Written by PAUL CORNELL
Art by MIKE CHOI and DIOGENES NEVES & OCLAIR ALBERT
Cover by MIKE CHOI (Not final cover)
On sale DECEMBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
It wasn’t a coincidence that the Shining Knight found herself in Little Spring as the Horde massed at the village gates. She’s on a quest, and has been all her long life – whether she’s known it or not! Now, a powerful vision will reveal to her the true stakes of the battle for Little Spring and pull back the curtain on one of the biggest secrets in the DC Universe! Don’t miss “Merlin Watches The Storm,” featuring guest art by the sensational Mike Choi (X-Force)! And yes, “storm” is a hint.
** Not final cover

It'd be hilarious if they killed off Seven Soldiers' Shining Knight to reintroduce the male Shining Knight. :funny:

What is the Highland Games and why does castration have to do with that?
Its a festival/competition celebrating Scottish culture/Heritage in which Scottish people toss cabers, shot put with stones, throw hammers, play Bagpipes, wear Kilts and eat salty salty Porridge while the Queen and the Duke Of Edinburgh watch.

The loser gets castrated............... ok I made that last part up :cwink::awesome:

I just read Demon Knights #1 and if they kill off the Shining Knight, I'll be pissed. She was my favorite character.

Paul Cornell talks Demon Knights!

IGN: Etrigan and Madame Xanadu are primary players in the series. What other characters can fans expect to see? Any new creations?

Cornell: Etrigan, Xanadu, Vandal Savage and the Shining Knight (Grant Morrison's version, with a few new twists) are the established characters of our "Magnificent Seven in medieval times", and they're joined by three new characters: the Horsewoman (the greatest archer of history, who can ride but not walk); Al Jabr (a Saracen Tony Stark) and a woman we're just calling 'Ex', a mysterious warrior from a strange island.

IGN: What kind of threats are Etrigan and Madame Xanadu facing? What is the throughline of this series?

Cornell: Seven warriors who end up in the same tiny village discover that, through sheer accident, an enormous and terrifying horde is heading their way. They don't all necessarily want to stay and defend the place. Etrigan wants anything but. But in the end, as circumstances get more and more desperate, they'll have to make a stand. We'll learn a lot about them as they're tested to the limit. [

IGN: What does Demon Knights offer that readers might not be able to find in other superhero comics?

Cornell: A setting that fans of Game of Thrones or Dragon Age might appreciate. A team book in a completely different era. A tabula rasa for world building, characters and story.
/QUOTE]

It's not anything like the ****ing Magnificent Seven, Cornell. Get it right.

Hmm. Usually not a good idea to describe a character as one of the competition's major characters. But we'll see.

And, in fairness, it is a little like The Magnificent Seven. Seven badasses wind up in the same village and have to fight overwhelming odds to defend the townspeople? Only real difference is that the townspeople didn't hire them. Unless they do.

While all of them ending up in one place may seem a little contrived to start with, it works for me. Mostly because almost every DND campaign I've ever played has started off almost the exact same way. lol. It was fun.

I can't believe anybody would have a problem with that what with magic and dragons all over the place. Destiny is the reason they're all in that same place at the same time.

And, in fairness, it is a little like The Magnificent Seven. Seven badasses wind up in the same village and have to fight overwhelming odds to defend the townspeople? Only real difference is that the townspeople didn't hire them. Unless they do.
If that's what Mag7 was about, it would be an apt comparison. Mag7 has very little to do with the number of characters, though, and is more about the core values of what it was derived from - The Seven Samurai - and their translation to the West and the western (as a genre). And discounting that, just as a movie, it's about the how and why of how those characters come together, and how and why they do what they do.

The first issue is nothing like that. Maybe the characters in the series will come to be similar, but it's a bit early to be making that claim.

I just read Demon Knights #1 and if they kill off the Shining Knight, I'll be pissed. She was my favorite character.

I hope they don't kill off the Shining Knight too I'm sure that they wont. I dont think Cornell is planning to kill off any of the team any time soon

And you mean he is your favourite character :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"