Dexter - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone feel quinn is gonna bite it this season he has been worthless past couple of seasons and now getting involved with russian chick and mob's business i can see him getting killed

i dont know about him getting killed but i dont like where his story is going.

Other than Louis and QUinn's story Im really liking the season so far

Quinn has been pretty pointless. Anytime there is a scene involving him and some other insignificant character I find myself zoning out.

Quinn is obviously going to be more relevant this year, given the setup.

I think Nadia is going to die and it sets Quinn off or something to that effect...

Also, i guess the whole 'Quinn knowing Dex killed Liddy', is completely dropped now?

Quinn is a fave of mine, I'd hate to see him go. The way they offed Louis did seem like a waste to me, like they didn't know what to do with him anymore. I was hoping for a bit more Louis/Dex competition before he departed... :(

Quinn's storyline in the season is slowly building.

I also like Ray Stevenson as the villain. I thought Louis was gonna be bigger than it was. Same thing happened with Peter Weller. Great character but they killed him off.

Last edited:
I've been saying this since last year. They dropped the ball so hard there it's ridiculous

Quinn is obviously going to be more relevant this year, given the setup.

I think Nadia is going to die and it sets Quinn off or something to that effect...

Also, i guess the whole 'Quinn knowing Dex killed Liddy', is completely dropped now?

Nadia is playing Quinn but I expect by some point she'll fall for him and then try to save him and possibly getting herself killed in the process.

Dexter is...good again. I'm pleased.

I like how Dexter isn't trying to b.s. Deb and just explaining to her that what he does has a purpose and a method. It was great when he told Deb that his brain was always her secret weapon.

I'm glad Louis is gone. Last year's writers clearly had something in mind for him, but the character was such an insufferable prick. It's not like he's just going to be forgotten, though. I would bet that not just Louis' death and blood on Dexter's boat, but also his past, will be a large part of the story moving forward. We can still find out more about who he really was.

I don't think that Louis was acting just because he says Dexter hurt his feelings. That's a cover up. There's more to Louis' motivations. Buying the ITK hand should be a very clear indicator of that, but people have forgotten.

I'd bet my life savings that they don't even mention Louis again. He was fired from the precinct, Jaime dumped him etc. All his ties to the characters were severed and his body has probably disappeared. I don't see there being a Louis investigation at least not yet. Maybe it'll come up later in the season but I'd still out money down that it doesn't. The blood MIGHT go somewhere storywise but that will probably be just to lead Laguerta/Deb/Dex showdown. They might needa save that till next year though. I just ****ing LOVE that the finale is entitled "Surprise Mother****er!" That is just GOLDEN

Quinn is a fave of mine, I'd hate to see him go. The way they offed Louis did seem like a waste to me, like they didn't know what to do with him anymore. I was hoping for a bit more Louis/Dex competition before he departed... :(
Ya, although I kind of like how they built up two new characters as potential threats to Dexter, who then immediately get killed by a much bigger threat. definitely not where I thought it was going to go, so all in all, they both surprised me and gave me a more threatening villain for this season.

I do have some nagging questions about Louis I hope they answer, like how did he know about Dexter and why was he sooo crushed by his negative feedback? I don't necessarily think there has to be more than that, he might've just worshipped Dex, and was really hurt by his lack of approval. Hopefully they don't forget about it, and maybe will play a part in Dexter getting exposed as well.

I don't think he knew who Dexter was. I think maybe Louis was just drawn to Dexter's personality for some reason probably just his interest in serial killers made him susceptible to that type of personality. Dexter didn't even notice it just basically seeing in Louis what everybody else sees in Dexter for the most part.

I figured Louis was going to go soon. I don't think he knew about Dex until he hacked his computer. Louis saw dexter as the rock star bad ass of the department and sought to be like him. he wanted to impress him... his serial killer game, etc was all just a distraction IMO... hell even after hacking his comp he may not of known what dex is. Louis is just a wackjob.

that being said... just because he is dead, doesn't mean he is gone. Jamie, the blood on the boat, anything else Louis may have messed with... we havent heard the end of it yet.

I think they hinted at him being related to ITK in some fashion just to generate speculation... the hand, hookers, looks... very similar. but i feel like if they were going to go this route, they wouldn't have killed him off this quickly, and in this fashion.

Why would Louis give Dexter the ITK hand if he hadn't figured out about Dexter somehow, (probably for research into his game, using his genius skills at hacking)?

Why would Louis give Dexter the ITK hand if he hadn't figured out about Dexter somehow, (probably for research into his game, using his genius skills at hacking)?

i think Louis was being honest when he said he drew the lines on the hand (life lines i believe he called them) to hint that 'time was running out' or something like that. it was a dumb 'joke/threat', and that was the only piece of evidence (from any serial killer) he could get his hands on...

it just happened to be the ITK hand...because Brian returned shortly after (just a bit of foreshadowing)

speaking of the hand, how the F did it even get in evidence? ITK killed the one handed call girl, so he just left the hand lying around somewhere or what? i dont remember

That minotaur / labyrinth scene at the end was freaky as hell. I think it was actually a stronger image than all of Doomsday's tableaux combined. Glad to see this show is getting back on track after a mediocre couple of years.

i really hope Deb is told about some of the previous seasons events... like that it was Dex behind that tarp in the season 5 finale... and Dex is kyle butler... but most importantly... they HAVE to address the fact that they found Doakes at an exploded cabin site, with BHB evidence, etc...

I wanna see that too. That was one of my first thoughts after we started hearing things about this season. I had the biggest nerdgasm ever when he started telling her about his lizard brain being her secret weapon all these years. I could have gotten up and started cheering right there lol. All I could think though was "Keep going! Keep going!" then the scene was over :( lol

her facial expression was priceless when he told her she had been using his hunches for years

anyways, next week is supposed to be a very memorable kill... i wonder what he is going to do to that steroid freak

i really hope Deb is told about some of the previous seasons events... like that it was Dex behind that tarp in the season 5 finale... and Dex is kyle butler... but most importantly... they HAVE to address the fact that they found Doakes at an exploded cabin site, with BHB evidence, etc...
Yeah, that's why I think all the parallel work Laguerta is doing with that piece of glass she found will put Deb in a very difficult position soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"