Dexter - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
k8mQlMp.gif

tumblr_mhgokc5Jyx1qe1l45o6_250.gif

tumblr_mhgokc5Jyx1qe1l45o5_250.gif

You see, Ser Obe, that Harry's Code you like to mock just saved your life.

Because Harry should have gotten his own wife to ****!

You ***** have given me the strangest urge to go watch all 13 episodes of that old NBC show Kings.

I think of Deadwood when I see him. :p

Deadwook, Deadwool, and and Deadwood is a fine trilogy of TV shows

It's such a shame it feels like the show is ending with a whimper.
It isn't over yet but it does feel somehow less knowing they'll do a spin off with this kid.

Though how Dexter will end is a good question. Does he live, die, who kills him and what happens to the person who kills him? Presumably it will be the new disciple but who knows really. If he lives, does he stick around Miami or move onto newer killing grounds? Or is he arrested and convicted of his murders...

A lot of conjecture there. We don't know that a spinoff would be about this kid. Personally, I think the aspect of a spinoff is comical. I don't see it happening at all. Let alone with this kid. I feel the same way about the Saul Goodman Breaking Bad spinoff. Fun to talk and speculate about but in the real world it probably won't end up happening. But hey, ya never know. I'm just saying that when they talk about spinoffs like this, it usually seems like it is just them humoring people's silly ideas.

Who else would a spinoff center on but the new kid inexplicably thrown into the midpoint of the last season?

Some spoilers have popped up online for the last couple of episodes. Don't know if they're legit yet.

I think people are being way too harsh and quick to judge this season. I agree that there are a lot of balls in the air, and it's rather unfortunate if some of that stuff is merely there to setup a spinoff.

THAT SAID...we're not even halfway into the season. I'm waiting to see how all the pieces fit before I judge it. Last season seemed all over the place too before it eventually hit a stride and starting gelling together.

I don't mind that the show is pacing itself and delaying the inevitable big moments. It'll be all worth it if it builds to a crescendo of 3 unbelievably intense final episodes.

Has a spinoff been announced or something? Why are people talking about one?

In interviews people have been throwing out the idea of a spinoff. Won't happen. Mark my words. Especially with some random ass character introduced midway through the final season. My money is they are just saying stuff like this to just get more publicity and viewers

Has a spinoff been announced or something? Why are people talking about one?
Two pages back at the bottom had a quote that all but confirmed it.

Later, I asked Nevins if the Dexter spinoff was still in play, expecting him to say no.

Nevins answer was quite brief, but also pretty notable, as he replied, "Of course. We announced a new deal with Scott Buck today. Draw your own conclusions."

Most people's conclusions are they are making a spinoff and that the new kid is the spinoff character. Of course it could be wrong but then it's more than likely right.

Any official talk on a potential spinoff? I hadn't heard anything.

As far as this show going out with a "whimper", I think that's unfair. Episode 7 of TV seasons (especially with these kind of 1hr cable dramas) is usually the kickoff point for when **** really starts to hit the fan. The first half of the season usually spends much of its time laying down the webs for which they will weave the story later on. I'm sure there will be big developments as the season progresses, as well as some shocking moments. No need to worry now.

As for this not feeling like the final season of Dexter, I think that's also an unfair criticism at this point. It wouldn't be smart for this show to all of a sudden try to change it's tone to make things more "epic" and "final" this early on. Keep in mind that it's not as if the characters in the show know that "this is the end". For Dex, Deb, and all the regular characters, it's just business as usual fr them at this point...until, as I said before, **** starts the hit the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"