Dexter - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this last episode feel like it could have been a season finale? Also what is up with the episodes being so short this season? The have been 42-47 min so far, they are usually 52-60 min.

Yeah I noticed last nights episode ended real early.

I agree with the focus. I want them to focus on Dexter. There is way too much going on right now, & now they are going t introduce this new apprentice? Plus he acted already way too much like Dexter. I think he even walked like him.

Plus Hannah will be making the scene at some point. So that adds even more crap. & don't tell me it won't start some triangle sh** with the new neighbor.

I don't care about any of this at all. I just want them to focus on Dexter.

Also don't even wonder about Quinn knowing. Old Dexter fans have been through this a million times. Quinn isn't talking about knowing that Dexter is serial. He is talking about something different. I am sure of it. The writers have done this a million times.

At this point I just want to show to end. In my opinion they have skated off those first 2 seasons the whole show. I don't know what happened, but I can't even watch the first 2 seasons. It depresses me all the potential this show had.

I really think Doakes was their Darth Maul. They really, really, shouldn't have killed him so early. They could have build him up until the final season, & then have them go toe to toe. Would have been much more impactful.

Anyway. I will always love Dexter the character. That is why I have watched for so long, but out side of Dexter. This show is just simply put lazy as a whole, & with 6 episodes left I really don't see it closing out logically.

I now picture the ending being Dexter on his boat dumping a body, or something. Thinking he has found peace. Then lights surround him & the boat. A helicopter above, boats on all sides. A police officer (Quinn or Angel) gets on a mega phone telling Dexter to stand down.

Also I find it interesting that the shirt the woman was wearing at Yates place is still out there. Waiting to be analyzed. Dexter picked her up. I wonder if a hair, or some sort of DNA of his got on her, & since Dexter has been so preoccupied with Deb. Masuka will notice this. I mean most serial killers end up getting caught for some dumb sh** that snow balls. Son of Sam got busted for a parking ticket for gosh sakes. Who knows.....

I do agree Vogel has more to do with the brain surgeon than this. The patterns were wrong, the man was subjected to this, yes, but I don't see him having the skill/capacity to do it himself whereas Vogel does.

And killing the main target midway into the season only to take on an apprentice right before the series ends? That doesn't make sense unless they want to use the apprentice to kill Dexter, Deb and start the cycle over himself, his way. Very Sith like in that regard. I'm not buying the brain surgeon is over yet even if Vogel can keep her part in it secret until the end.

Plus Hannah will be making the scene at some point. So that adds even more crap. & don't tell me it won't start some triangle sh** with the new neighbor.

More like a love square... pentagon maybe? Dexter and Deb and Hannah and the neighbor. Then there's Deb and her boss too to throw into the mix. It's a lot of could be romances going on. Throw in Quinn and who knew this was becoming a soap opera.

This was an embarrassingly bad episode. I fear for this show, especially after next week's preview.

that brain surgeon may have been the worst effing serial killer I've seen in fiction. worst acted too (IMO:o )

Can we keep spoiler discussion in spoilers?

What that spoiler from a few days ago said has pretty much been put out in the open by various posts referring to it without spoiler tags. The comparison to [blackout]Robin Blake in TDKR[/blackout] gave away the spoiler for me, and I was trying to avoid it.

To be fair, that spoiler you're talking about was mostly put in tags around here, and at the time it was merely a rumor a lot of people were dismissing until some stuff leaked at imdb, I guess it was. You just happened to catch a bit of unfortunate instance when it wasn't. For the most part, we're pretty good about about keeping spoilers in tags.

It's not a spoiler, it's a DISGRACE! :D

Surely it isn't a spoiler... more speculation?

If you've seen the preview for this Sunday's episode, it seems to be legit, unless there's a big curve about it coming.

its definitely true/

Wait, if you're talking about

This new kid taking over for Dexter, then yes, it's speculation. But it does seem to be a given that he will become his protege in some form based on previews

This new kid taking over for Dexter, then yes, it's speculation. But it does seem to be a given that he will become his protege in some form based on previews

its pretty much confirmed from set pics, synopsis and what Vogel says to Dex. I don't know about
'taking over' for Dex, but he certainly teaches him the code.

its pretty much confirmed man. I don't know about
'taking over' for Dex, but he certainly teaches him the code.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Dexter is obviously going to take him on as a protege or be pushed to do so by Vogel. But who knows how that'll end up. Kid could end being an unteachable, or he could get killed off by Hannah as revenge, or the BS for whatever he's after.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Dexter is obviously going to take him on as a protege or be pushed to do so by Vogel. But who knows how that'll end up. Kid could end being an unteachable, or he could get killed off by Hannah as revenge, or the BS for whatever he's after.

that would be a good with me

Yeah this is what I was referring to.

I'd be more than happy if
Hannah
came in a killed the son I don't however want
Hannah
to die. It will be nice to finally have a relatively big bad character escape Dexter's table. A character who got away.

Yeah this is what I was referring to.

I'd be more than happy if
Hannah
came in a killed the son I don't however want
Hannah
to die. It will be nice to finally have a relatively big bad character escape Dexter's table. A character who got away.

by son do you mean the Hamilton kid or Harrison? I'm pretty sure the world would explode if Hannah killed Harrison and got away.

Yeah, right now I'm just wondering how Hannah can possibly fit into all of this. Part of me wonders if they're going to try and pull a big twist and have all of this (Vogel, Brain Surgeon, new protege) in some way be a big, elaborate revenge pulled by her. Because otherwise, I can't see how she'll manage to make any kind of impact on the narrative with all of this other stuff happening. But then again, I also can't think of a way of doing that without it being all kind of dumb.

Yeah, right now I'm just wondering how Hannah can possibly fit into all of this. Part of me wonders if they're going to try and pull a big twist and have all of this (Vogel, Brain Surgeon, new protege) in some way be a big, elaborate revenge pulled by her. Because otherwise, I can't see how she'll manage to make any kind of impact on the narrative with all of this other stuff happening. But then again, I also can't think of a way of doing that without it being all kind of dumb.

Hannah being involved with Vogel would be terrible IMO... i mean, i guess they could make her a patient? she tells everything to Vogel over the few months between S7 and S8... which is what spurns Vogel to go to Dex. I hate that idea lol

Exactly, it's a horrible, out of nowhere kind of thing. But I just don't see how significant she can be in this season with all the BS stuff potentially still happening, Deb, new protege, and Vogel's weirdness. It feels like it's better if they just let her go all together, but I do believe it was confirmed she'd have some kind of role this season

Can we keep spoiler discussion in spoilers?

What that spoiler from a few days ago said has pretty much been put out in the open by various posts referring to it without spoiler tags. The comparison to [blackout]Robin Blake in TDKR[/blackout] gave away the spoiler for me, and I was trying to avoid it.

When I made that remark. I was thinking more about Deb, than some random nobody that we don't even care about.

Time Warner just removed Showtime in NY because of their dispute with CBS
:cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad:

Time Warner just removed Showtime in NY because of their dispute with CBS
:cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad:

I hate crap like that. My Atlanta Braves can't be seen on a ton of peoples televisions for some BS.... its the local professional baseball team for god sake.

They'd rather you pay $$$ in the stadium than watch them on television. That's the only reason they blackout local games.

If you've seen the preview for this Sunday's episode, it seems to be legit, unless there's a big curve about it coming.
well sometimes promos take things out of context to hype them up, lol. I've been caught off guard more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"