Discussion: Congress, The Senate, The House of Representatives - Part I

Yeah, Bernie still seems sharper than both Trump and Biden right now.
I would agree with that, but you also have to consider that Biden is dealing with a speech impediment AND the discussion generally seems to center around age. You can be mentally sharp and still kick the bucket 3 months down the road. I frankly think Biden is mentally sharp and shows a detailed knowledge of both domestic and foreign affairs. People can agree with me or not, but if we're really talking about age, let's not obfuscate it. 82 is older than 81.

I would agree with that, but you also have to consider that Biden is dealing with a speech impediment AND the discussion generally seems to center around age. You can be mentally sharp and still kick the bucket 3 months down the road. I frankly think Biden is mentally sharp and shows a detailed knowledge of both domestic and foreign affairs. People can agree with me or not, but if we're really talking about age, let's not obfuscate it. 82 is older than 81.
No, you have valid points. I certainly wouldn't want to be working at 81 or 82.

Bernie is a rare gem.

The younger politicians who are potential replacements don't measure up.

Bernie is a rare gem.

The younger politicians who are potential replacements don't measure up.
I agree with this. Elizabeth Warren, who I would vote for if she and Sanders were running for office against each other, is also a rare gem at 74. Is age an issue? Of course, but the point I'm trying to get across is that our "main" focus should generally be policy over age. I see people say "Biden is too old", but turn around and say "Oh well, Bernie is different". If age is your issue, Bernie is not different. If someone thinks someone would be better than Biden, then that's fine with me. There are certainly people whose policies I prefer over Joe's, but the real question, among others, is "Would someone else have been able to get the infrastructure bill across the line?" I don't know if Warren, who I supported, or Sanders would have been able to pull it off.

If you (you in the generic sense and not aimed at you personally) have an issue, be consistent. Yeah, Joe is old and Bernie is older. So it makes sense to say "Hey, I don't care if Sanders is older. I like his policies". If policy is your focus, then it's fine to say "I don't like Biden's policies as much, so I'm cool with the older guy."

Probably not my most eloquent post, but I think you get the gist of what I'm saying.

It was a stupid idea anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"