Discussion: Housing, Homelessness, Urban Development, Gentrification, and Other Housing Issues

I think I just looked up average rent near me and it's $2,500 according to Zillow. Business insider says that the average mortgage payment in the US is $2,883. I'm not sure if that includes taxes. But in the same article it says average mortgage for my state is $2,553. At least with a house you can have multigenerational family paying the mortgage together.

I think I just looked up average rent near me and it's $2,500 according to Zillow. Business insider says that the average mortgage payment in the US is $2,883. I'm not sure if that includes taxes. But in the same article it says average mortgage for my state is $2,553. At least with a house you can have multigenerational family paying the mortgage together.
You certainly can't do it on one paycheck. :(

You certainly can't do it on one paycheck. :(
Technically I can't. We are connected to a more ironclad union than marriage and that's a mortgage to a house that we can probably sell for like 70% more than what we purchased it for but so is every other house in our state.

Technically I can't. We are connected to a more ironclad union than marriage and that's a mortgage to a house that we can probably sell for like 70% more than what we purchased it for but so is every other house in our state.
How many people are the opposite right now, pulling mortgages for how that will either stay flat for a while or even go down in value? The current prices are crazy......

I just paid 13 grand for a new roof, double what we paid to have it done 25 years earlier. :(

We replaced our 2 air conditioner units. It was still expensive and we got a deal because my SIL was friends with the Owner. I'm sure they could easily charged us $3k more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"