• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discussion: Housing, Homelessness, Urban Development, Gentrification, and Other Housing Issues

Just another way the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. :(

They want their money, it's all anyone cares about any more.

This may not be entirely appropriate to the thread, but it IS about housing.

They said they still haven't located the guy who was inside and have not determined what condition he is in. I believe they haven't located him and would hazard to guess that his condition varies from place to place.

Saw somewhere that he was a conspiracy theorist who shot off a flare gun or some such in his house. Sounded like a Darwin Award winner to me.

Working themselves to death. :(

That's just going to increase density. It looks like they are trying to get rid of single family zones in municipalities and now just make it a combination of multifamily units right next to single family homes.

My firm had to layoff 12 people this week due to the poor residential development situation here in NY. Hopefully things start to turn around in the coming months, but interest rates need to come down and a new version of 421a needs to pass for developers to actually want to invest and build more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"