• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Discussion: MSNBC And Other Left-Leaning Media Outlets

Hey guys, if anyone caught Keith tonight he Ripped The Republicians on the 9/11 Tribute. Then he called out McCain on hiding the secret of catching Bin Laden, calling him a traitor and helping Bin Laden stay free. He was close to tears with anger. I know Olberman is biased, but he was brutally honest tonight and I thought it was worth posting. Anyone got the video yet?

Yeah I watched. He is biased but he did a great job pointed out McCain and the GOP are just using 9/11 and Bin Laden for the election (again). The best part though was earlier on when he showed Fred Thompson mocking the media for being cynical towards Palin because she doesn't do morning talk show interviews and hasnt been on time magazine and then they flash the cover of time magazine this week. :woot:

Here it is.

[YT] <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2Rzt_WzrPQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2Rzt_WzrPQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/YT]

And I thought his special comment at ground zero in 2006 was harsh.

This one was brutal.

I'm glad someone is out there saying this. It needs to be said.

The GOP has used 9/11 to scare up votes so much that it's disgusting. Like Obama said...

"Enough is enough!"

I just wonder who was the "genius" that had the bright idea that showing actual footage of the twin towers on fire and collapsing would be a great idea ton include in a tribute video.

I've seen several tribute videos for actors, musicians, public icons, politicians, and others. None of them show pictures or footage of their deaths, even the ones that may have such footage or photos.

I agree with the first 2/3 wholeheartedly. His attack on 9/11 "TM" and the manipulation and fear smear of the right was viscously refreshing to hear. Political opportunism and nothing more.

The last third...yes and no. I agree with the end point that McCain (or rather Republicans) aren't fighting terrorists but using them to win elections. But he took the "if you knew where Osama was" thing too far and I already see the right's backlash to that comment. "How could he know where he is? It's just politicing!"

Which is exactly the point Olberman was trying to make but got side-tracked. It is just politics and to use such comments to scare up votes is insulting and disgraceful. He brought it home in his last sentences though. But the first 4 minutes and last minute is golden and on the nail. He just got lost on a detour somewhere in there.

I'm glad someone is out there saying this. It needs to be said.

The GOP has used 9/11 to scare up votes so much that it's disgusting. Like Obama said...

"Enough is enough!"
Can I get an amen!!!!! Olbermann is the man.

I remember what Olbermann said the night that 'tribute' video was shown and my thoughts were much the same as his.

I made this video about it. I've recieved a bunch of nice personal messages about the vid.

[YT]ugYbgrE9LsY[/YT]

I'm not really sure which one I'm more concerned about: That republicans seem to talk about 9/11 all the time, or that democrats seem to avoid talking about it at all, as if it never happened...

I'm not really sure which one I'm more concerned about: That republicans seem to talk about 9/11 all the time, or that democrats seem to avoid talking about it at all, as if it never happened...

You're a troll.

Not talking about it at all is actually the best and most respectable way to go about it. Obviously, today is an exception, but BOTH parties have over-politicized the events of 9-11-01, and it's a shame. To truly respect the memory of the deceased, the events should never be mentioned in the political realm.

There is a difference of not talking about it and not talking about it at a "celebratory" convention party as means of political gain. That is slimy opportunism that the Repubs love using.

olberman is the man..period. Love him to death

internet troll:cmad:

Do you really need to be constantly reminded that 9/11 happened and how terrible it was? I can honestly say, a day does not go by that I don't remember something about that day.

Do you really need to be constantly reminded that 9/11 happened and how terrible it was? I can honestly say, a day does not go by that I don't remember something about that day.

And doesn't help when the people reminding you of it... always seem to have an election nearby or a bill to pass or a war to start...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"