• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disney Channel developing "Boy Meets World" sequel series

The Eric episode was great. Kind of wish they took a serious route with showing what Eric has really been up to these past years but it was still great seeing Plays with Squirrels.

This season has really been a great improvement. Eric and the time capsule episodes were great! Imagine if Eric becomes President!!!:wow:

Yes looks like they are setting up some kind of ongoing arch for Eric's character, will be nice to have more stories that revolve around the original characters for a change.

Watching it now. I see Jacobs wrote this one.

I only tune in when the originals show up. I haven't been disappointed with the episodes I've seen.

However, I do call Blasphemy on Riley and Maya doing the Feeny call. They haven't earned that, lol.

Bummer, They killed off Cloris Leachman's character in the first episode of the new season.:( Then there was a cameo by a living flesh & blood Mr. Feeny at the end which made the episode a little happier or they could be alluding to killing Feeny off at some point.:(

I hope they don't do that Feeny.

Oh, my god. I hope they bring Eric around more. I'm watching the Mr. Squirrels ep and because of him, he's the reason why I've laughed so much in this whole ep.

Overall,the two lead girls are funny and charming but I love watching for the cameos(Mr. Feeny,Shawn and Eric). I can't lie about that. The thing I really don't like about the series is that it's on Disney. That means that an adult subject like sex really won't be mentioned too much like it was on BMW(at least in the later seasons). BMW grew up a lot during it's run because it's was on ABC and could get away with more adult topics and adult jokes. I don't see Disney allowing any of that kinda stuff. While I like GMW,the series does have an over abundance of sappy sweetness. Not saying that's really a horrible thing though.

The Eric episode was great. Kind of wish they took a serious route with showing what Eric has really been up to these past years but it was still great seeing Plays with Squirrels.
ya, the whole "Plays with Squirrels" throwback was funny, but, I kinda wish we got something closer to early seasons, cool, lady's man, good looking detective, Eric... over, goofy, comic relief (board line simpleton) over the top, Eric, that we got in later seasons, but, still, it was cool to see him agian

Shawn & Angela are heading to ATX.

Girl Meets World creator Michael Jacobs revealed the news that Rider Strong and Trina McGee would be reprising their roles at the ATX Television Festival in Austin, Texas on Friday, according to People. But it seems love still isn’t in the cards for Boy Meets World’s B-couple.

“You guys are going to kill me for what we decided to do with Shawn and Angela, but I will tell you that it is right, it is real, and you’re going to have to watch the episode six times before you put the guns down,” Jacobs said at the show’s panel to the laughter of the crowd.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/05/shawn-and-angela-reunite-not-girl-meets-world

Anyone who gets disappointed that Shawn might not end up with Angela probably hasn't been paying attention to GMW.

So I read that Farkle's mom has actually been on Boy Meets World before. They will eventually reveal who she is. I'm sure it's not Rachel because she will be mentioned when Jack comes back. It can't be Morgan because that would make Farkle Cory's nephew and Riley's cousin. Other than Angela, can't think of any other female character that had some sort of impact on the show.

She did pop up in my mind plus her character was mentioned a couple of episodes back during the time capsule thing.

They sure did. And she is part of the Disney family now...

It was nice to see Angela again though I wish she hadn't come back just to give a motivational talk.

Gosh, these cameos (Angela was nice, but I was more excited for Chet) and nods to BMW are so wonderful and fun.

The show doesn't have as much bite as BMW had, but they sure brought the heart and honesty BMW always had.

Last edited:
I'm hoping as they move on, Disney allows the show to mature with them and not keep it strictly in the cutesy kid territory.

Never say never. They used to have mature shows on there and it is already different from their other shows that arent trying to launch artists.

Never say never. They used to have mature shows on there and it is already different from their other shows that arent trying to launch artists.

Disney is trying to launch Maya's/Sabrina Carpenter's singing career just not on GMW in general but they probably will as the show progresses.

Really enjoying the episodes with Shawn and Maya. They make a nice new family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"