• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disney Channel developing "Boy Meets World" sequel series

Gosh, these cameos (Angela was nice, but I was more excited for Chet) and nods to BMW are so wonderful and fun.

The show doesn't have as much bite as BMW had, but they sure brought the heart and honesty BMW always had.
That last epsiode destroyed me!

Disney is trying to launch Maya's/Sabrina Carpenter's singing career just not on GMW in general but they probably will as the show progresses.

Lord I hope not.
I don't get the obsession with making all these teenage actors (primarily the girls) music sensations too.

So many of them have been foisted on us over the years.

It's another way for them to mooch money off their "property"...

Anyone else find it weird that in the most recent episode, Disney promoted a wildly popular book (and, indirectly, an upcoming blockbuster movie) owned by the Distinguished Competition?

They also mentioned X-Men by name, so some worriers can rest assured that Disney does acknowledge the existence of the X-Men.

Also... Mr. Turner!

Mr. Turner came back!?

i haven't kept up with this show since the first couple of episodes when the series started. anyway i can watch online?

So far Feeny, Minkus, Harley Kiner, Eric, Angela, Chet, Mr. Turner and Cory's parents have all showed up.

Shawn and Eric are basically a regulars and Jack will be showing up later this season.

Frankly, I only tune in when the original cast shows up and the episodes are very good. Nowhere near the quality of BMW (not even close) but it has its moments. In fact I just saw a clip on YouTube where Eric was confronted by that kid he didn't adopt back during BMW.

Last edited:
I think Rachel will also show up in the same episode Jack comes back. I just want Morgan to pop up sometime. Or at least some acknowledgment that she exists. I don't think they've mentioned her yet.

I honestly think this has gotten better/more consistent as the show has gone on.

It's hard to compare because shows like the old TGIF shows don't really exist anymore. They generally skew slightly younger (most Disney Channel shows) or slightly older (Modern Family). From the shows I have seen, GMW is actually started to become the closest to an "all ages" show that I've seen. Maybe ABC Family has something, but I don't watch any of them.

I guess all they need now is Ethan Surplee.

I think Rachel will also show up in the same episode Jack comes back. I just want Morgan to pop up sometime. Or at least some acknowledgment that she exists. I don't think they've mentioned her yet.

The producers are probably fighting over which Morgan to use, lol.

with Harley being a semi regular, I wonder if we'll ever see Adam Scott return as Grif

Do people actually remember Griff fondly? Because I couldn't care less about the character.

Griff was so chill. I liked him. But yeah, they probably can't afford Adam Scott.

For a one-shot episode? They could probably swing that, especially if he has any fondness for BMW.

Disney Channel shows have had big guest stars before. There was a Hannah Montana episode where The Rock guest starred, and even though he wasn't as big a movie star as he is right now, he was at least as big a box office draw as Adam Scott (who I love, so that's not a knock on him).

I don't know. Wasn't Griff only in two episodes?

Let's just get a Joey and Frankie appearance.

they should bring back Ethan Suplee as Frankie the Enforcer

i always figured Frankie would become a writer or something. seeing as how Suplee has lost a tremendous amount of weight, perhaps turn Frankie into some sort of self-help guru like Tony Robbins

Episode 9's Tommy twist was OMG, plus all of the greatness with Eric (especially the bowl of cereal call back).

Now, I'm into episode 10 and TDKReturns being dropped is epic.

with Harley being a semi regular, I wonder if we'll ever see Adam Scott return as Grif
Who was the other guy? I forget his name but I remember him as the guy that replaced Michael on Salute Your Shorts.

God damn, that was one fine episode... hit home hard, and not only on the Batman front.

In elementary, our librarian told my dad I would have to stop reading comics... and my dad fought for me. Now, 20+ years later... I read more novels than any of my friends.

Comics are literature.

Oh, and the A- joke... so good.

We better be getting a Mr. Turner/Shawn reunion soon.

The producers are probably fighting over which Morgan to use, lol.

I've been saying it for months. They should use just use both, write it where no one in the Matthews family (nor the BMW cast) notices when they switch. Whereas, Maya (and/or Farkle) always notices.

Throw in a few meta gags by whatever Morgan it is and it'd be gold.

I don't know. Wasn't Griff only in two episodes?
had to look it up, I thought he was a regular for at least a season, but, I guess it was only 4 episodes

still, I don't know where everyone is getting this "they can't afford him" stuff... the idea that there's anyone or anything that Disney can't afford is funny to me

its more accurate to say they may not be willing to pay that much for a Disney channel show appearance

Adam is probably currently the most successful/recognizable(still living) original cast member

but, why does every one think Adam is some Hollywood diva type who would be all demanding and pricey

he seem like a cool guy, an as Darko mentioned he might have fondness for BMW, an would enjoy reuniting with some of the old cast

on a side note he also has a young daughter who's a Disney fan, she might even watch the show

not that him appearing is really that important to me, or I am campaigning for him or anything (the suggestion was more just a random thought)but, just making a point

I read somewhere that Morgan will show up in the second season finale...and it will be the 2nd Morgan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"