• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lol 15 headlines....If I were Feige I would troll the hell out of people. I would throw stuff like the following all the time in interviews:

"We had a.......fantastic 4..... days of shooting"
"We have .....xmen......I mean extra men, on the set today"
"You know I was watching a documentary and my new favorite animal is the wolverine, majestic creatures"
"Sometimes I would just like to have an invisible woman follow you around and hear what you say behind my back"

Lol 15 headlines....If I were Feige I would troll the hell out of people. I would throw stuff like the following all the time in interviews:

"We had a.......fantastic 4..... days of shooting"
"We have .....xmen......I mean extra men, on the set today"
"You know I was watching a documentary and my new favorite animal is the wolverine, majestic creatures"
"Sometimes I would just like to have an invisible woman follow you around and hear what you say behind my back"
That would be hilarious, and I agree :)

they put zero effort into video games.

Huh? Marvel has a number of AAA games on the horizon. At least get your facts straight.

And with a deal like this the X-Men may get one, as opposed to none at all.

deadpool will get wiped too.this fantasy fox haters have deadpool would continue is nonesense.rebooted deadpool would be in mcu not the reynolds version.

I don't see it. It also depends on when the deal gets done. If it's far enough off that Fox starts putting their X-Men into DP then it complicates things. They could reboot it with Reynolds and get all meta about it and make it work. But in general, just from a PR perspective it would hurt them to do it, so they wouldn't. Deadpool is easily Fox's most popular and beloved franchise after just 1 film, but aside from McAvoy and Fassbender, nobody really has much attachment to the new X-Men franchise like they did the old...And it sounds like Donner would gladly dive into the MCU and do what's necessary to make it work.

Last edited:
Huh? Marvel has a number of AAA games on the horizon. At least get your facts straight.

And with a deal like this the X-Men may get one, as opposed to none at all.

Yeah X-MEN + 4 player mode is gonna improve MVCi
The Spider-Man game looks epic
Squaresoft Avengers will be awesome

I just need one more x game at least fingers crossed

And it sounds like Donner would gladly dive into the MCU and do what's necessary to make it work.

Always liked lsd

I always wanted a X-Men Legends III videogame with Sinister as the main villain.

I lowkey hated Activision for making Ultimate Alliance instead of Legends III.

Wht is the sales? Do you know? Probably played a factor.

I don't think so I think it was planned. That's why Iron Man was added to Legends II.

It was a pattern X-MEN game first then Marvel game

X-MEN: Mutant Apocalypse
Marvel: War of the Gems

X-MEN: Children of the Atom
Marvel Super Heroes

X-MEN vs Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter

X-MEN Legends
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Yup. XML3 should have come before MUA.

If they didn't tease Sinister at the end XML2, that would have been more okay. Not releasing a follow up to that tease just feels so incomplete. Its like there is a missing chapter.

For the first X-Men Ps4 or Ps5 videogame, I want X-Men Legends meets GTA. Team missions, individual missions, side missions and the Danger Room for the fighting game enthusiasts.

I would've preferred an X-Men Legends III about Dark Phoenix. Plenty of potential with Shi'ar adventures. Too bad!

XML, xml2 and Mua were released in a span of 3 years, 1 year apart from each other. Obviously Mua had bigger sales, but it also took them time to release a sequel for that unlike with XML. While Activision also released a tie in videogame for X3/Origins right after mua. There was probably no room.for a Xml3.

I've always found it rather funny, that for all of Disney's successes in entertainment they've never managed to crack the gaming nut.

I've always found it rather funny, that for all of Disney's successes in entertainment they've never managed to crack the gaming nut.

They had some good ones back in the day (such as the Disney Afternoon Capcom games and some on the Genesis) and I find Kingdom Hearts generally enjoyable.

I got bored with the Legends/Alliance by the last game. Aside from it being underwhelming I realised that as they added more characters the more the generic gameplay became apparent. I didn't feel they could represent everyone's powers without many of them feeling the same as others. There was only so much you could do with that set up.

They had some good ones back in the day (such as the Disney Afternoon Capcom games and some on the Genesis) and I find Kingdom Hearts generally enjoyable.
Everything they've had success with though has been licensed to another developer. I should have been more clear that they have never had any success with any of their in-house development studios though.

The Kingdom Hearts series I've loved playing.

I thought UA1 was the best of the four games.

The Atlantis Stage makes UA1 the worst game imo. That and so few X-MEN could barely make a team before Gold Edition came out

I got bored with the Legends/Alliance by the last game.

I still play both on PS4.

UA2 roster is so good imo

My two teams were

Storm
Magneto
Psylocke
Wolverine

Phoenix
Cable
Iceman
Gambit

Great article from Den of Geen on the subject:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...-dont-belong-in-the-marvel-cinematic-universe

So as much as I would enjoy seeing a comic book accurate costumed X-team fight the Avengers, with Gambit calling Captain America “Mon ami,” the tradeoff of storytelling and filmmaking possibilities is too severe. In many ways, the losses of putting the X-Men in the MCU are a microcosm of what is wrong with a potential Disney/Fox merger. As the resources of Hollywood studios consolidate, the chance for competition in the market drastically shrinks. Consumers lose the opportunity of larger diversity, and everything starts looking the same. There cannot be anything more antithetical to Charles Xavier’s dream for a better future than that.

Lame analogy IMHO. Charles Xavier's dream was for peaceful co-existence and unity despite our differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"