Do You Have A Problem With A Lack Of Adult Marvel Content Now That Netflix Marvel And Fox Are Gone?

The Punisher would never work on Disney+

I think it’d be good to find a balance to produce the typical MCU family friendly stuff but also make series or movies with more mature themes like Punisher, Ghost Rider, etc.

I’m iffy on the new Blade movie being made within the MCU. I feel like it will be totally watered down compared to Blade and Blade 2. Look at Blade Trinity. They tried to make a movie more appealing to all audiences and it was a mess.

I’m iffy on the new Blade movie being made within the MCU. I feel like it will be totally watered down compared to Blade and Blade 2. Look at Blade Trinity. They tried to make a movie more appealing to all audiences and it was a mess.
If that was a reason the third movie was inferior, it was a minor reason behind the shortcomings of that specific movie.

I didn't like the previous Blade movies so I'm not worried if its watered down. I'm more worried about the delays and the waiting.

Anyway,just finished Helstrom the other day and it does seem like the end of the era for these live action Marvel shows, in which the quality is below average as a whole imo and its unclear if the shows were really setin the mcu. I don't eXpect much from the Disney+ shows. Visually, it is already a NO to me. Looks an obvious tv production, usual tv frame ratio and those 60s comic book inspired costumes of WandaVision look horrendous. I'm just hoping the shows would be more engaging.

Also one more note about NetfliX. I used to binge watch shows before NetfliX becamebig, like from 2007 to 2011. I would wait until the entire season has aired in the tele then I'd binge watch the 13 to 22 episode season in a week or two. For shows like Lost, it was fun. While obviously I enjoy watching most Marvel shows. And I thought Marvel + a series I could binge watch right away wouldhave been so much fun and it was the opposite when the Marvel NetfliX shows were released. I feel relieved that I don't need to put up with those shows anymore as I feel like I'm only really watching them because its based on a Marvel ip. Same thing with Legixn and The Gifted.

The Punisher would never work on Disney+

I think it’d be good to find a balance to produce the typical MCU family friendly stuff but also make series or movies with more mature themes like Punisher, Ghost Rider, etc.

Yeah, but it should've been able to work on Netflix, and yet they wildly missed the mark.

Let's face it: Blade 1 & 2 have always been two mediocre movies... definitely better than the awful third chapter, but it's not a great achievement per se.

I didn't like the previous Blade movies so I'm not worried if its watered down. I'm more worried about the delays and the waiting.

Anyway,just finished Helstrom the other day and it does seem like the end of the era for these live action Marvel shows, in which the quality is below average as a whole imo and its unclear if the shows were really setin the mcu. I don't eXpect much from the Disney+ shows. Visually, it is already a NO to me. Looks an obvious tv production, usual tv frame ratio and those 60s comic book inspired costumes of WandaVision look horrendous. I'm just hoping the shows would be more engaging.

:ebr:

They're not supposed to look incredible, they're supposed to look like cheap halloween costumes because they're literally in some weird alternate reality created by Wanda's powers.

And of course lots of it looks like tv because it's deliberately homaging a ton of different popular tv sitcoms from throughout the years (probably because Wanda longs for a 'normal life' with Vision)...

Let's face it: Blade 1 & 2 have always been two mediocre movies... definitely better than the awful third chapter, but it's not a great achievement per se.
I always find the first two Blade movies overrated. Even in Rt, they received a rotten rating.

Also one more note about NetfliX. I used to binge watch shows before NetfliX becamebig, like from 2007 to 2011. I would wait until the entire season has aired in the tele then I'd binge watch the 13 to 22 episode season in a week or two. For shows like Lost, it was fun. While obviously I enjoy watching most Marvel shows. And I thought Marvel + a series I could binge watch right away wouldhave been so much fun and it was the opposite when the Marvel NetfliX shows were released. I feel relieved that I don't need to put up with those shows anymore as I feel like I'm only really watching them because its based on a Marvel ip. Same thing with Legixn and The Gifted.

:ebr:

They're not supposed to look incredible, they're supposed to look like cheap halloween costumes because they're literally in some weird alternate reality created by Wanda's powers.

And of course lots of it looks like tv because it's deliberately homaging a ton of different popular tv sitcoms from throughout the years (probably because Wanda longs for a 'normal life' with Vision)...

I thought they look like cheap Halloween costumes because they are precisely that within the show. So it's not the fact that they're in a weird alternate reality, but rather that they look like they are going trick or treating. In other words, even if they were in the regular MCU reality, they'd still look like Halloween costumes because they're actually celebrating Halloween in that episode

And the TV frame ratio is there because a cinematic ratio would never achieve the TV sitcom look that they're going for. It needs the TV ratio and lighting for it to look authentic to the very genre they're homaging. Otherwise it would be like complaining that there is way too much contrast and hard lighting and everything is in black and white if you're shooting a classic film noir homage.

I thought they look like cheap Halloween costumes because they are precisely that within the show. So it's not the fact that they're in a weird alternate reality, but rather that they look like they are going trick or treating. In other words, even if they were in the regular MCU reality, they'd still look like Halloween costumes because they're actually celebrating Halloween in that episode

And the TV frame ratio is there because a cinematic ratio would never achieve the TV sitcom look that they're going for. It needs the TV ratio and lighting for it to look authentic to the very genre they're homaging. Otherwise it would be like complaining that there is way too much contrast and hard lighting and everything is in black and white if you're shooting a classic film noir homage.

That's what I saying, yes.

I would agree to a large degree on it's aimless and slapdash season two.

But it was an excellent version of Frank in DD S2 and in Punisher Season 1 for myself.

I think Bernthal was perfectly cast, but I feel like the writers and showrunners didn't really know how to write The Punisher and really get the most of the character and mythos. The payoff to all that set up for Jigsaw was a rotten carrot.

IMHO, first four episodes of Daredevil Season 2 as the introduction to Punisher in Netflix line? Excellence. Everything after that, I'd say aimless and slapdash are good terms for them.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: a lot of the Netflix shows, Punisher included, suffered for the insistence on "One season = One storyline". They desperately needed a willingness to write standalone episodes whose story was not entirely about the season arc. The aversion to "filler" ended up wrecking havoc on the pacing.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: a lot of the Netflix shows, Punisher included, suffered for the insistence on "One season = One storyline". They desperately needed a willingness to write standalone episodes whose story was not entirely about the season arc. The aversion to "filler" ended up wrecking havoc on the pacing.

This was and is a huge issue with the insistence on season arcs so common with streaming shows.

The Loeb era shows still felt like they had a element of them being slightly apologetic for being based on comics.

I felt like they could of embraced more things from the comics if they wanted to.

This was and is a huge issue with the insistence on season arcs so common with streaming shows.

Indeed. IMO, both the Witcher and Mandalorian had it right: yes, have a season arc, but also have standalone stories. Standalone stories let your pacing breath, let you explore different facets of the characters, and minimize the amount of unnecessary complication needed to avoid the main plot simply finishing too soon.

( Not that The Witcher didn't have its own pacing problems, rather hilarious ones, but they were at least totally unrelated to this issues. )

Indeed. IMO, both the Witcher and Mandalorian had it right: yes, have a season arc, but also have standalone stories. Standalone stories let your pacing breath, let you explore different facets of the characters, and minimize the amount of unnecessary complication needed to avoid the main plot simply finishing too soon.

( Not that The Witcher didn't have its own pacing problems, rather hilarious ones, but they were at least totally unrelated to this issues. )

Well people also complained about those filler episodes of Mandalorian ;)

Not sure about Netflix or Fox but I know some sites that have plenty of adult material from Marvel.
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"