Do You Want Joe Biden To Run For Re-Election In 2024?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
As of this writing, Joe Biden is the oldest person to assume the office of the presidency at the old age of 78. When the time comes for another presidential election do you want Joe Biden to run for president again or do you think it should be someone new on the Democratic presidential ticket for 2024? You know perhaps Someone more younger and able to excite the base?

I would support almost anyone who would keep Trump out of office (and, TBH, Repubs in general after what I've seen the party devolve into). So, to me, it's more of a question of "Who don't I want to see in the WH?".

Heck no.

Kick him and Harris out. Replace them with actual progressives.

The moderate vs far right battle is just moving the country further right.

When moderates lose they have the gall to blame progressives even though moderates are in power. Meanwhile the Republican torch the US Constitution to make smores.

Incumbents (of any office) almost always win so throwing that boost status away is quite unwise.

Gallup - U.S. Mood Doesn't Have to Be Bright for Incumbents to Win

Reelected incumbents have won when satisfaction ranged from a low of 33% (for Barack Obama in 2012) to a high of 48% (for Ronald Reagan in 1984). The lone president since 1984 who lost a bid for a second term -- George H.W. Bush -- sought reelection at a time when 22% of Americans were satisfied.

See also: General Election 2020: Biden vs Trump

Last edited:
Under normal circumstances I'd say "yes" because it's really difficult to lose an election as an incumbent, especially when the unemployment rate is as low as it currently is. However, Biden's approval rating is absolute garbage right now. I will vote for Biden if he runs, but I'd rather vote for just about any other Democrat that ran in 2016 if given the option.

Incumbents (of any office) almost always win so throwing that boost status away is quite unwise.

Gallup - U.S. Mood Doesn't Have to Be Bright for Incumbents to Win

See also: General Election 2020: Biden vs Trump

This kind of surprises me. I don't remember Obama's approval rating ever falling below 40%.

I'm thinking the best scenario would be for Joe to run and win in 2024 and then step down mid term (citing health, age or whatever) and let Harris take over. Kamala would have the incumbency advantage in 2028 potentially giving the Dems 12 years and MAYBE one Supreme Court nominee.

I'm thinking the best scenario would be for Joe to run and win in 2024 and then step down mid term (citing health, age or whatever) and let Harris take over. Kamala would have the incumbency advantage in 2028 potentially giving the Dems 12 years and MAYBE one Supreme Court nominee.
The problem with Harris is that she has a likability factor rivaling Hillary Clinton. I'm afraid she just can't win.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, it's very funny that you're banned.
o9TIlRx.gif

I agree, it's very funny that you're banned.
o9TIlRx.gif

What was s/he laughing so much about? I think I must have missed something. I read some of the silly posts and thought they were just some nutty conspiracy garbage.

The problem with Harris is that she has a likability factor rivaling Hillary Clinton. I'm afraid she just can't win.
So funny I expected her to become president one day despite her record, but yeah she's got down to Hillary's level real quick.

Heck no.

Kick him and Harris out. Replace them with actual progressives.

The moderate vs far right battle is just moving the country further right.

When moderates lose they have the gall to blame progressives even though moderates are in power. Meanwhile the Republican torch the US Constitution to make smores.
I would like this too, but ultimately it depends if he chooses not to run. If Biden runs again, everyone will have to fall in line or look like traitors to the agenda of the party and damage their future in politics. If he decides to stick to the one-termer claim, then by all means someone Progressive go for it cause Kamala's the new Hillary Clinton for better or worse.

So funny I expected her to become president one day despite her record, but yeah she's got down to Hillary's level real quick.
I mean, it's not out of the realm of possibility. I don't personally care whether or not someone is "likable" and prefer competent, but I think others need the likability factor. I hope someone emerges who has a certain charisma, intelligence, and competence. I think Cory Booker has some of that, but no one has really broken out of the pack.

My post reminds me of when I saw Barack Obama speak at the DNC way back in 2004 (I think). I remember thinking "Man, that dude has it". The repubs tried to push Bobby Jindal as the new, young, exciting repub to watch back around 2010 or 12. The guy is clearly smart, but has the personality of a push broom.

My post reminds me of when I saw Barack Obama speak at the DNC way back in 2004 (I think). I remember thinking "Man, that dude has it". The repubs tried to push Bobby Jindal as the new, young, exciting repub to watch back around 2010 or 12. The guy is clearly smart, but has the personality of a push broom.
It's hard to sound passionate when you don't actually believe in what you're saying. :o

I would like this too, but ultimately it depends if he chooses not to run. If Biden runs again, everyone will have to fall in line or look like traitors to the agenda of the party and damage their future in politics. If he decides to stick to the one-termer claim, then by all means someone Progressive go for it cause Kamala's the new Hillary Clinton for better or worse.
Here's my cynic's nightmare scenario: Biden says he's running in 2024. We go through the whole circus of the Republican primary. Then by summer 2024, when primary season is wrapping up, Biden steps down from the ticket and the DNC selects a Kamala or a Buttigieg to take over the nomination.

Here's my cynic's nightmare scenario: Biden says he's running in 2024. We go through the whole circus of the Republican primary. Then by summer 2024, when primary season is wrapping up, Biden steps down from the ticket and the DNC selects a Kamala or a Buttigieg to take over the nomination.
It's been awhile since I've looked into this kind of scenario, but it would officially be up to the DNC convention vote for this to happen right?

Seriously, seriously doubt this would happen one time in one hundred. It would take a medical episode at just the right/wrong time for something to pop up. The much, much more likely scenario is that something happens to Biden in the next 2 or so years and he's unable to run. That being said, he's got way better medical care and monitoring than any of us (which I don't begrudge, but think we all deserve at a similar age) and if anything develops, he'll step down.

Is there noone better who has more chance of winning? :dry:

I think this would be very, very bad. As it plays directly into the Republican's narrative.

This is rude to Hillary. Who had/has a legit base of support. No one likes or believes in Harris outside of her twitter support.

Is there noone better who has more chance of winning? :dry:
There is. But the Dem party and their news outlets don't like them, so they go out of their way to play them down, hamper them and wound them in the primaries. Then cite it as why they couldn't possible win the general. The status quo exist because they want it to.

I think this would be very, very bad. As it plays directly into the Republican's narrative.

This is rude to Hillary. Who had/has a legit base of support. No one likes or believes in Harris outside of her twitter support.

That is genuinely funny. You might just be right. :funny:

There is. But the Dem party and their news outlets don't like them, so they go out of their way to play them down, hamper them and wound them in the primaries. Then cite it as why they couldn't possible win the general. The status quo exist because they want it to.
Who?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"