The Amazing Spider-Man Does a Lizard with no snout bother you? If so, why?

Given how dry ASM news has gotten, I'm afraid a good deal of these threads are now off topic haha...wonder when/if the mods are gonna come in and start cleaning things up.

Well this is a topic for another thread (I don't mind talking about it though haha :p ) but I couldn't stand SI for a lot of reasons.
I don't like Ramos's art, I feel like it's completely inappropriate for ASM.
Couldn't stand Slott's writing in the story either - his pacing and dialogue, especially the dialogue, strike me as something that would be at home on an 80's sitcom like Full House or something, not ASM. His jokes come off as forced and corny. I don't like it how every character he writes are out for the laughs - everyone makes quips, everything seems almost like a parody of itself.
And I just didn't like the idea in general. Characters trading or gaining other peoples powers has always seemed way to gimmicky to me. I just found it to ridiculous.
Especially considering that NYC was pretty much just leveled in Fear Itself...my suspension of disbelief only goes so far, and no one in their right mind would continue living in NYC after those events.

Well, I disagree with you about the writer but I can agree with you about the artist- ughhh.

Well, I disagree with you about the writer but I can agree with you about the artist- ughhh.

To each his own haha. I know I'm pretty firmly in the minority on my dislike of Slott so I completely understand.

While I know that Ifans is going to deliver a spectacular performance, I am not fond of the design that appeared on the internet. It looks like they took Killer Croc's body and attached Clayface's head to it, from Morrison's Arkham Asylum. Now, I know that I am not commenting on the final product, but a leak on the internet, so, I am not going to let that influence my perception of the film: after all, I have not seen the application onscreen, so it is a bit premature. Thus, speaking of the image that was circulating, I am not fond of it, for the reason stated above. But, I look forward to being proven majorly wrong next year.

You basically are speaking about the final product.

I know I'm going to get bashed like crazy for this, but RIM said it's leaked promo art. Not leaked art. He's not going to look that different at all in the movie. You can quote me on it now, apart from his size, nothing else will change drastically. His face will stay the same.

And he does have a snout. We're only looking at him straight on. Not from the side.

*runs away*

You basically are speaking about the final product.

I know I'm going to get bashed like crazy for this, but RIM said it's leaked promo art. Not leaked art. He's not going to look that different at all in the movie. You can quote me on it now, apart from his size, nothing else will change drastically. His face will stay the same.

And he does have a snout. We're only looking at him straight on. Not from the side.

*runs away*

Interesting.
And...the angle does explain a lot. But, as I said, I look forward to having my reservations dissolved and my enjoyment amplified.

Interesting.
And...the angle does explain a lot. But, as I said, I look forward to having my reservations dissolved and my enjoyment amplified.

Hopefully you'll like his look once we see him in action in the next trailer. :D

*hint hint, Sony!

Hopefully you'll like his look once we see him in action in the next trailer. :D

*hint hint, Sony!
We miss you...
Since I'm from the future, I can proudly say that the Lizard looked awesome in the movie!

xbg7bk.jpg

I remember Marc Webb saying that they went with no snout so they can make Lizard talk. He says maybe 3 or 4 lines in the whole movie, all of which add very little value to the character or the plot. They might as well have given him a full snout and no ability to talk in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"