The Amazing Spider-Man Does a Lizard with no snout bother you? If so, why?

I think the snout is visually more appealing but I don't mind.

That ferocious rubber mask is pretty awesome though.

Alss comic book resource forum people are usually has a bad attitude towards this film. So don't worry.

Off topic, but I seriously got kicked off that forum for talking about how I thought Spider-island sounded dumb.
Seriously, I'm not a troll and I didn't say it in a way to stir up anything...something along the lines of "Spider island? Everyone in manhattan getting spider powers...? Seems like the house of ideas has officially run out of ideas."
And next thing I knew I was banned. :dry:
But whatever...I don't care...
crying-babies06.jpg
The only part I don't like is the face. The body looks great. The face is just TOO human IMO. It needs to look more beastly. Oh well, maybe I'll get used to it.
That's my complaint as well. I want my lizard to look as unhuman-like as possible. I just think the protruding snout looks much better

Off topic, but I seriously got kicked off that forum for talking about how I thought Spider-island sounded dumb.
Seriously, I'm not a troll and I didn't say it in a way to stir up anything...something along the lines of "Spider island? Everyone in manhattan getting spider powers...? Seems like the house of ideas has officially run out of ideas."
crying-babies06.jpg

Watt?? Are you kidding me? Mmm, seems like you haven't read this story yet. Well I guess that..it is your option then... same happened with me before. I thought that sounds pretty silly for the first time..yea.. I was like WTF, why they are trying to ruin my fav character? When I was reading 671, 672 and 673 and I just had an huge nerdgasm every time I read them lol. I think that SI is the best Spidey story in 20 years.

I am not trying to start the argument, okay?

crying-babies06.jpg

That's my complaint as well. I want my lizard to look as unhuman-like as possible. I just think the protruding snout looks much better

What you've said about the story is what A LOT of people said about it before reading it, so you wouldn't have been alone on that. However, once pretty much everybody read the story they were all confessing they weren't counting on enjoying it as much as they did. I remember seeing an article on why the story should have stunk but it didn't, I'm pretty biased but I'd recommend all of Slott's run so far. :woot:

Well this is a topic for another thread (I don't mind talking about it though haha :p ) but I couldn't stand SI for a lot of reasons.
I don't like Ramos's art, I feel like it's completely inappropriate for ASM.
Couldn't stand Slott's writing in the story either - his pacing and dialogue, especially the dialogue, strike me as something that would be at home on an 80's sitcom like Full House or something, not ASM. His jokes come off as forced and corny. I don't like it how every character he writes are out for the laughs - everyone makes quips, everything seems almost like a parody of itself.
And I just didn't like the idea in general. Characters trading or gaining other peoples powers has always seemed way to gimmicky to me. I just found it to ridiculous.
Especially considering that NYC was pretty much just leveled in Fear Itself...my suspension of disbelief only goes so far, and no one in their right mind would continue living in NYC after those events.

Well this is a topic for another thread (I don't mind talking about it though haha :p ) but I couldn't stand SI for a lot of reasons.
I don't like Ramos's art, I feel like it's completely inappropriate for ASM.
Couldn't stand Slott's writing in the story either - his pacing and dialogue, especially the dialogue, strike me as something that would be at home on an 80's sitcom like Full House or something, not ASM. His jokes come off as forced and corny. I don't like it how every character he writes are out for the laughs - everyone makes quips, everything seems almost like a parody of itself.
And I just didn't like the idea in general. Characters trading or gaining other peoples powers has always seemed way to gimmicky to me. I just found it to ridiculous.
Especially considering that NYC was pretty much just leveled in Fear Itself...my suspension of disbelief only goes so far, and no one in their right mind would continue living in NYC after those events.

I definitely agree about Ramos's art. He makes people look like apes, and I think it really undermined great stories like A Death In The Family.

I definitely agree about Ramos's art. He makes people look like apes, and I think it really undermined great stories like A Death In The Family.

My God, this.

I don't know why he's still hired for Spidey comics. :csad:

In a perfect world, Humberto Ramos would never work in comics again.

But this world is a piece of ****, and his art will continue to **** all over comics for years to come.

@Godzilla

Oh yes, you are correct. I always get those two confused, for some reason. Well, as for Humberto Ramos, I like his art. I don't love it, but I do like it.

Ad i also think Chris bachelo is underrated, now that I mention him.

In a perfect world, Humberto Ramos would never work in comics again.

But this world is a piece of ****, and his art will continue to **** all over comics for years to come.

Agreed. At least there are many good artists out there to compensate.

@Godzilla

Oh yes, you are correct. I always get those two confused, for some reason. Well, as for Humberto Ramos, I like his art. I don't love it, but I do like it.

Ad i also think Chris bachelo is underrated, now that I mention him.

I don't know who Chris Bachelo is.

What you've said about the story is what A LOT of people said about it before reading it, so you wouldn't have been alone on that. However, once pretty much everybody read the story they were all confessing they weren't counting on enjoying it as much as they did. I remember seeing an article on why the story should have stunk but it didn't, I'm pretty biased but I'd recommend all of Slott's run so far. :woot:
Agreed! SLott has done a completely amazing job on his ASM run so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"