Falcon and Winter Soldier Don Cheadle is the WAR MACHINE

Reaction score
I hope this is not a spoiler. He appears in the first episode and is credited like he's part of the main cast.

Sounds like that's really going to be the extent of his role on the show.

Sounds like that's really going to be the extent of his role on the show.
Works for me. It was nice to see him and he didn't feel shoehorned or anything, felt natural he'd be there honoring Cap and hanging with Sam.

It was a nice scene. I like these little touches that you get by having a MCU background to everything. As @Dr. Evil says, maybe we see him again if Sam officially takes up the shield but otherwise it was good to get him at all.

It was a nice scene. I like these little touches that you get by having a MCU background to everything. As @Dr. Evil says, maybe we see him again if Sam officially takes up the shield but otherwise it was good to get him at all.

It's one of those things that I enjoy most about the MCU, that it's connected. I will be interested to see how Shang Chi, Moon Knight and Blade connect to the general MCU. Moon Knight and Blade have not finished casting.

As for his own show, I am going to guess a cameo from either Happy or Pepper. Or both.

Would be interesting if his series (which they're suppose to begin filming sooner or later) will be taking place at around the same time as these current events. That way we know why Sam didn't ask for Rhodey's help.

Maybe in Armor Wars we'll get a repeat of the scene in episode 1 but from Rhodey's point of view and then showing what Rhodey did next to go off and deal with stolen tech. Perhaps even Anthony Mackie could have a cameo in Armor Wars.

Maybe in Armor Wars we'll get a repeat of the scene in episode 1 but from Rhodey's point of view and then showing what Rhodey did next to go off and deal with stolen tech. Perhaps even Anthony Mackie could have a cameo in Armor Wars.

I would not a fan of it. The series will be released in 2023 and I think it would be nice if the timeline continues a little bit and not everything will have to deal with consequences of Endgame.

I would be fan of Anthony Mackie show up and we see how he dealed with being the new Cap though.

I would not a fan of it. The series will be released in 2023 and I think it would be nice if the timeline continues a little bit and not everything will have to deal with consequences of Endgame.

I would be fan of Anthony Mackie show up and we see how he dealed with being the new Cap though.

Well there are rumors that Shang Chi:

either takes place during the 5 years of the Snap, or even before the events of Iron Man 1, but the latter I find hard to believe.

Hope that he does indeed cameo in the finale next week. Any news on his very own show?

Hope that he does indeed cameo in the finale next week. Any news on his very own show?
I would love for Rhodey to be present if there is an inauguration ceremony for Sam as Cap, even if he’s just in the crowd and doesn’t get to say anything. Would still add something for me.

I thought Avengers End Game fleshed out Rhodey's personality a bit more.

I thought Avengers End Game fleshed out Rhodey's personality a bit more.
Did it though? He made jokes a lot while the others were helping plan the mission. I'd have liked it more if he had gotten more of a mission than "punch StarLord". Hell, they teased us with his badass new armor and we didn't even see it in combat.

Did it though? He made jokes a lot while the others were helping plan the mission. I'd have liked it more if he had gotten more of a mission than "punch StarLord". Hell, they teased us with his badass new armor and we didn't even see it in combat.

Rhodey was a supporting character in a movie with 6 lead characters, so he has limited screentime. And with that in mind I really adore his relationship with Nebula, specially the conversation of being broken and that he tries to save Rocket without his suit. And that were great moments for me in that huge ensemble.

Rhodey was a supporting character in a movie with 6 lead characters, so he has limited screentime. And with that in mind I really adore his relationship with Nebula, specially the conversation of being broken and that he tries to save Rocket without his suit. And that were great moments for me in that huge ensemble.

This pretty much.

This is true but I mean he had very little to do in the film. Honestly same with Hawkeye other than his too brief mention as a samurai in Japan and debating which would sacrifice themself, he or Nat. Ant-Man had similar screentime but he was written in a way to get the most out of it.

I have high hopes for the series to see drama and kickass action.

mal38d6vl0b71.jpg

It is a random nomination. But I guess the Emmy staff were moved by his guest appearance.

Totally baffling but so is him not being nominated for Black Monday's current season.
Dude has had 10 nods until now and hasn't won once :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"