• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

DoppelGanger: The Symbiote Saga - Spider-Man Fan Film!

Jon@UnCanny

Civilian
Reaction score
"I went into watching this thinking it was going to be another garage film. Immediately I was hooked. Some of the best acting, especially for an amatuer/independant film. Great Casting, all the characters where believable. Eddie, oh wow props gave me the chills a couple times. Mary Jane, beautiful, I liked her more than Kirsten and thats saying alot. Felecia, another hottie, great delivery on the humoristic lines. Peter, oh wow, what can I say? Get these guys on tv! Here is hoping you guys make another, keep the cast, please! Where can I get this in downloadable form?"

- Joey @ Wordpress.com

WATCH THE FILM: http://uncannystudios.wordpress.com/watch-the-film/

n1506000380_30309119_2888.jpg

Eddie Brock
n1506000380_30309132_7071.jpg

Peter Parker
n1506000380_30309131_6750.jpg

The Black Suit
n1506000380_30309130_6417.jpg

Mary Jane
n1506000380_30309155_5717.jpg

Eddie/Venom
n1506000380_30309105_8981.jpg

Felicia/Black Cat
n1506000380_30309149_3561.jpg

Spidey & Mac Gargan
n1506000380_30309138_9050.jpg

Best friends - Pete and Felicia
n1506000380_30309151_4232.jpg

Spidey vs Venom
n1506000380_30309126_4928.jpg

Harry Osborn!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOPPELGANGER: THE SYMBIOTE SAGA

Release Date: FRIDAY THE 13th, FEBRUARY 2009

Runtime: 1 hour and 20 minutes (80 minutes)

Youtube Channel: youtube.com/zillagamer

Written By: Jon Bumpus

Produced/Created By: Jon Bumpus @ UnCanny Studios

Directors/Cinematography: Jon Bumpus & Vance McCarty

Starring:

Chad Collins Wood as Eddie Brock/Venom
Jon D Bumpus as Peter Parker/Spiderman
Sarah Jordan Stout as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
Brandee Kent as Mary Jane Watson
Brooke Rooney as Anne Weying Brock
Michael Corliss as Harry Osborn
Stephen Hirst as Dr. Curt Connors
Ben Royer as Mac Gargan
and Vance McCarty as The Sin-Eater and Roger Valghetti

(Commentary by creator Jon Bumpus)

-First off, thank you a million times over for your interest in the project! Secondly - I am not re-making Spider-Man 3…. dont’ want to… who does?

“Dopp:TSS” has been in development for over two years now - and has come a long way. The original concept was a clunky little screenplay outline that I started typing out before the announcement of Topher Grace appearing as Venom in Spider-Man 3. After that news - I figured I was screwed since Sony has …well… more money than me. But after the major letdown that was the third entry in the Spidey movie franchise hit theaters and everyone was left feeling empty - I figured I still had a shot. Because this isnt just a movie to me, its not just a film. Its a classic story that needs to be told. ‘Spidey3′ touched on the symbiote mytho, but did not deliver what fans were expecting. I’m not saying it was all bad… but where was EDDIE… Eddie Brock. Not Edward Brock Jr from the Ultimate Marvel series (an alternate line of comics that re-wrote the Marvel Mythos). I’m talking about Eddie Brock - the big, hulking guy who worked for the Daily Globe - Lost Everything to Peter Parker becoming a suicidal mess- and swore on revenge by means of an alien symbiote - birthing VENOM! Hopefully - my movie will deliver this to fans everywhere.

DoppelGanger is not a solid Drama, and is certainly not an Action movie. I wanted to tell a ‘character piece’ in a semi-epic fashion. I mean, lets face it - Spiderman 1 & 2 were really, really good - and no fan film could ever touch that sort of huge-budgeted, amazing action. I wanted to tell the stories of Eddie Brock and Peter Parker - and how the symbiote intertwined their fates, creating one of the most intense and beloved rivalries in all of science fiction: Spider-Man & Venom. Their backgrounds and lives become so tightly woven by the series of events in ‘Dopp:TSS’ that you cant help but get sucked in - and wonder just who you should be rooting for…

The film takes heavily from the original symbiote storyline featured in the early nineties comics except for one detail - The Secret Wars. Comic book fans know this as one of the first huge interdimensional storylines that took place in the Marvel univers, pulling from every major comic line and character. Essentially, the symbiote attached to Peter in another dimension. And since ‘The Secret Wars’ cant exactly be filed under materials that can be translated into film on a ‘budget’… I began to tweak the story to my liking - and into an enjoyable yet translatable fashion. I’ve taken elements from my own imagination (and mental wish-list) and from different points within Eddie and Peter’s classic stories and woven them together to create a launching pad for ‘The Symbiote Saga’.

In our film, Eddie is diagnosed with cancer (an element pulled from the latter history of the books). I’ve given Eddie a form of adrenal cancer - which helps tie everything together. When the symbiote first crash lands, it stays dormant in a crater until it smells Peter’s adrenaline (part of his powers and spider sense). Ultimatey, the symbiote is separated from Peter, and bonds with Eddie, manipulating Eddie so it can bond with his body - in turn feeding off of Eddie’s cancer and ‘curing’ them both. I dont want to give too much away, but the story follows very closely to the comics - with some fresh twists thrown in. I sincerely hope everyone enjoys and appreciates the material that we have all put together. Many of the characters are people only fans will be familiar with - such as Mac Gargan.

DoppelGanger: The Symbiote Saga has been in production for over two years now - through three storyline overhauls and countless script/line rewrites. The film was shot in entirety through the months of December 2008 and January 2009. Post Production is scheduled for January and February of 2009, with a release date floating somewhere in the middle of February!

Once again, I want to sincerely thank everyone for their interest and support - and I genuinely hope that you will all be not only entertained - but truly satisfied with our film. Until next time, true believers!

Jon Bumpus @ UnCanny Studios

Last edited:
There is an incredible story intermingled with a great and good looking cast. The acting was superb. I hope there is a next time, because I truly look forward to seeing more films from you, especially Spider-man films. I'd love to watch it in better resolution.

There is an incredible story intermingled with a great and good looking cast. The acting was superb. I hope there is a next time, because I truly look forward to seeing more films from you, especially Spider-man films. I'd love to watch it in better resolution.

Wow, thank you so much! I am so glad you enjoyed it! I hate to ask too much, but do you think you could tell me a bit more about what you liked/disliked? I'm eager for feedback so I can start further projects haha.

Once again, thank you so much!:woot:

What I liked the most, was that you took what you had and you put it to extremely good use. The costumes and make up were excellent, like the Green outfit MJ was wearing and her hair was incredible. I felt that you guys really pulled off the characters.

I do think the night scenes could use some kind of production lighting, then again it could have been the YouTube resolution. Its like you put another notch in fanfilm directing and writing.

Story wise I thought it was up there with the likes of Chris Notarile. I hope you take another shot at another Spidey story arc, because I really did like that cast.

Yeah, this fan film kicked butt! I asked him if he was going to do another Spidey fan film and he said he might in the future, but his next project is a Wolverine fan film :up:

Thank you all so much! I can't tell you how excited everyone was when I let them read all of the feedback!

I'm pretty sure that if we do another Marvel fan film, it will be action based - more than likely a Wolverine chase film. I'd absolutely love to do a sequel to this movie (DoppelGanger) - but it's so time consuming, I'm not sure if I could write another script in time to get it all done. But if I can, I'd love to get into Mac Gargan's character and have him be the main villain alongside the return of Venom - kind of foreshadowing the fact that Mac will become Venom one day. I dont know if I'd attempt Carnage - but if I do, I'd love to make it into a horror film - more isolated. Oh the possibilities!

Thank you all so much! I can't tell you how excited everyone was when I let them read all of the feedback!

I'm pretty sure that if we do another Marvel fan film, it will be action based - more than likely a Wolverine chase film. I'd absolutely love to do a sequel to this movie (DoppelGanger) - but it's so time consuming, I'm not sure if I could write another script in time to get it all done. But if I can, I'd love to get into Mac Gargan's character and have him be the main villain alongside the return of Venom - kind of foreshadowing the fact that Mac will become Venom one day. I dont know if I'd attempt Carnage - but if I do, I'd love to make it into a horror film - more isolated. Oh the possibilities!

By the way, Brock was played really well. He had some real vicous hatred in it.

By the way, Brock was played really well. He had some real vicous hatred in it.

Thanks! Chad and I have been best friends for a looong time - and I always thought we could have a lot of fun as Eddie Brock and Peter Parker in a movie - so I spent two years writing one around that principle! Chad's an incredibly emotional actor and a large framed guy - so I knew he'd be perfect for the role (especially after we all watched Topher Grace as Eddie Brock, Jr). Chad exceeded my expectations! And I had a lot of fun playing Peter, he's always been my favorite and I can really identify with him - I've been compared to Spidey all my life haha (not in a cocky way, I'm just athletic and limber and own four spiderman suits haha).

And the fact that my real life girlfriend/future wife Brandee Kent looks EXACTLY like MJ from the comics with that wig I ordered - well that just sold it. I absolutely love Sarah Jordan as Felicia/Black Cat as well - especially her voice - her sexy, raspy tone is what I've always heard in Felicia - playful and confident. Mike Corliss as Harry Osborn was an awesome treat as well - I recasted that role three times. I wanted Harry to be suave - a pretty boy. He needed to be everything that Peter was not in the world's eyes. Mike definitely fit the bill - he's very sleek.

My main goal with these central characters was to extract them from the pages of the comics we've all been reading for our entire lives. I am really fond of Tobey Maguire as Peter - but his voice just doesnt do it for me, and he really lacked the enthusiasm that I always thought Peter had in the comics. And dont even get me started on the portrayal of Peter under the influence of the symbiote in SM3... I wanted to bring everything back to the comics with my portrayal of Peter - so hopefully I did.

The same goes for all of the other characters - especially with MJ. She doesnt play a huge part in the movie but I wanted the MJ from the comics - not Kirsten Dunst. I just dont like her as MJ that much. She's just ok, and really not anywhere as attractive as she should be.

I really enjoyed writing Anne Weying Brock's character, since she's a really small character in the comics - I got to reinvent her. In the comics she' a lawyer, so to keep things young and in line with the rest of the cast's age (19-22) I made her a law student and really fired up her personality to make her different from MJ and Felicia. Brooke did a fantastic job with the role and really made it her own.

Roger Valghetti is a character I dreamed up specifically for the film, and wrote specifically for my best friend Vance - who is the funniest guy ever and I love his scene in the film.

The funny thing is that all of us in this movie - every single one of us, we are all best friends and have done a lot of shows together before all through high school and college.

Wow I just wrote a lot... Haha sorry guys. Do any of you have any ideas for a sequel to this!? Thanks again for the interest, I'm having a blast discussing the film!

So Sarah and Brandee wore wigs? I honestly couldn't tell with MJ and wasn't sure about Felicia.

Man that was one of the greatest fan films I have ever seen. Hell, it was one of the greatest piece of films that I have seen. The acting was great. The costumes were great. Great dialogue. Great story. The Eddie Brock character was very developed and props on that becuase even some of the best comic book writers fail at that. You sir, should be so proud of yourself for this piece of art. You proved here that you don't need big hollywood budget, just ambition and hard work.
and thank you becuase this film alone has inspired me to get back into my script writing and possibly making a fan film of my own.

own and btw.

This>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SM3

Man that was one of the greatest fan films I have ever seen. Hell, it was one of the greatest piece of films that I have seen. The acting was great. The costumes were great. Great dialogue. Great story. The Eddie Brock character was very developed and props on that becuase even some of the best comic book writers fail at that. You sir, should be so proud of yourself for this piece of art. You proved here that you don't need big hollywood budget, just ambition and hard work.
and thank you becuase this film alone has inspired me to get back into my script writing and possibly making a fan film of my own.

own and btw.

This>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SM3

Wow- thank you so much. I cant tell you how rewarding it is to get feedback from Spidey fans - thank you so much, sincerely. I am really excited that you liked it so much, thanks again for watching!

Finally got around to watching this, I really liked it!

Great work!

:word::up:

Finally got around to watching this, I really liked it!

Great work!

:word::up:

Thanks a ton! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Sadly, I think a lot of people are struggling with the fact that this is full length film (1 hr and 20 mins) haha. I dont think they expect that going into watching the first few parts!

I hate to ask, but if you could let me know what you liked/didnt like about it, perhaps some comments/criticism!? I'm going to make a shorter/action based Wolverine movie this summer and I'd love to learn from this project (DoppelGanger).

The Black Goo said:
So Sarah and Brandee wore wigs? I honestly couldn't tell with MJ and wasn't sure about Felicia.

Yes they did! SJ's a natural blonde, but no where near the platinum blonde Felicia is recognized by. And I thought about a separate wig for her as Black Cat (white), but it didn't look natural. Not that a girl in black spandex and white fur is natural in the first place... but you've got to draw the line somewhere haha.

And Brandee looked so natural in that wig that the cast and I tried to convince her to die/cut her hair just like that wig! She's naturally a really light haired blonde. A lot of thought went into each costume for each character. That was just as much fun as the acting/directing for me. And ironically enough, Peter was the hardest one to costume - I went with a mixture of his signature look from the 70-80's and his current run in the japanese Marvel Mangaverse, believe it or not. I wanted to go away from his poor nineties look in the Spidey Films and more back to his comic look.

Thanks again for watching!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"