• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

DVD Details

What's your thoughts on the ultimate cut Motown?

I'm excited for it but also wondering the same as other fans. Will the Black Freighter and the news stand scenes feel right in terms of pacing with the rest of the movie?

it can obviously go either way. i guess i can only hope for the best and find out when i buy the movie, ha. but i suppose if they got the pacing for the theatrical cut right, then they'd be able to get the pacing for the ultimate cut right. i mean, if one wanted, they could make a legit argument about the pacing in the comic being questionable with the black freighter "interferences".

it can obviously go either way. i guess i can only hope for the best and find out when i buy the movie, ha. but i suppose if they got the pacing for the theatrical cut right, then they'd be able to get the pacing for the ultimate cut right. i mean, if one wanted, they could make a legit argument about the pacing in the comic being questionable with the black freighter "interferences".

Good point.

All of it Knight.

From what Debbie Snyder said in the other interview about the DVD, the Watchmen Theatrical cut and Director's Cut is going to hit DVD/Blu-Ray(with in movie experience) around Comic Con this year. In the fall, they'll release the ultimate director's cut with the Tales of the Black Freighter cut in the film.

So, two releases for the Watchmen on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Knight,

Yeah, Black Freighter isn't that long and kind of makes the release of it by itself on DVD worthless if it's going to show up, intact, in the ultimate director's cut at the end of the year.

I looked at a pic of the Black Freighter back cover, and the runtime's listed as 26 minutes.

Hmm. I don't know if BF will do well infused into the film. I'm debating whether or not, I shoulkd just get the extended cut. Yeah, it's more faifthful the GN, but it could get in the way, and to be honoest it did get in the way for me while reading the book, I just want to main plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"