• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

E3 2009

Tron Bonne

All Ass, No Sass
Reaction score
Well, I think it's no stretch to say that E3 has been minimized in the last few years and maybe eve lost some of it's glitter and shine that use to make gamers giggle like little children. However, it's still the one of the premier game conventions of its kind and it's less then a month away.

I'll be watching it on G4's live coverage, sure they have become a turd of a channel but their coverage last year was stellar. I'll go ahead and create this thread for whenever announcers let the bag open to what they will be showing, speculation about what you want to see at E3 and to discuss the event and games when it comes.

Let's start it off:

http://kotaku.com/5241226/sega-confirms-six-from-its-e3-lineup

he third-party publisher has revealed six of its E3-bound wares, confirming the expo appearance of already announced games. That includes software like Platinum Games' Bayonetta and Obsidian Entertainment's Alpha Protocol. But there are plenty of Sega titles missing from the official list, including expected showings like Aliens Vs. Predator, the first title to be released under Sega's Aliens licensing deal. The half-dozen titles that we're 100% sure Sega will be showing include:

• Alpha Protocol
  • Bayonetta
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
  • Planet 51
  • The Conduit
  • Vancouver 2010
That list is missing some goods from Sega we expect (or desperately hope) to see within the next year, including Phantasy Star 0, Infinite Space and Shining Force Feather for the Nintendo DS, as well as higher profile games like Aliens: Colonial Marines and whatever Sonic the Hedgehog installment Sonic Team has been burdened with.
Surely, Sega will have more than just that to show at E3 this year, including more of its Xbox Live Arcade lineup. We'll just have to wait a bit longer for the official word to come down from the mountain.

Anyway, some things I would like to see at E3:

-I would love to see actual dates put onto Alan Wake and Heavy Rain. HR is likely, but I'm not holding my breath on Alan Wake. In fact, I'm not holding my breath that Alan Wake will ever be released at all.
-Definitely looking forward to any and all info that comes about Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 from Bioware.
-If Capcom PR isn't ********ting and Capcom is really going to put a whooping 20-40 PS1 classics on PSN I'd love to see some of the possible titles we'll see
-Definitely would love to see some in-game footage of the online play and Giant Bosses in Sigma 2.
-TURTLES IN TIME!
-Any and all creative projects coming from indie developers for either PSN/XBLA/WiiWare or physical copies.

All that comes to mind right off the bat.

Last edited:
Actually this year, E3 is being brought back to it's former glory, or so it's being said.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what MS is pulling, and I hope the rumor of their full body motion thing is not true.

Mostly I'm really interested to see what Nintendo is pulling out this year...since I have hope that they learned from last years fiasco. :up:

I dont think it will happen, but id love to get an announcement on the next Hitman project. Its been said they are working on one, but nothing has come from Eidos.

Oh yeah, there are threads in Microsoft/Sony boards for their E3 conferences. Probably best if we leave discussion of them to those threads. Someone can make a Nintendo one when that time comes, but after their disgusting showing last year I doubt many are very enthusiastic.

Probably better if we leave this open to 3rd party software and that such

Actually this year, E3 is being brought back to it's former glory, or so it's being said.

Psst. Well, here's to hoping, but they can never truly return 100% without booth babes:woot:

Last I read, booth babes are aloud back in if the different devs/publishers want them. :up:

I just hope Microsoft will have an Ace up their sleeve, and have major announcement for some exclusive games we don't know about. 360 has good multiplatform games, but lacks in the exclusive dept.

Yeah, the only notable exclusive they have is Halo 3: ODST that I know of. The multiplatform games seem to be the ones that matter the most, though. None of Sony's exclusives seem to have the impact they've probably wanted. Maybe InFamous and Heavy Rain will, but I highly doubt it. I'd love for R&C and Sigma 2 to makes those impacts, but R&C has never been the megafranchise it should be and most people will unfortunately dismiss Sigma 2 as just a year old port.

edit

Last edited:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/05/rumor-new-xbox-360-title-on-the-way-from-konami/

Interesting rumor going on here

According to a list of 2009 projects from Gem Impact, the audio production studio founded by Metal Gear Solid composer Norihiko Hibino, Konami has a new Xbox 360 title in the works. First of all, no, we're not going to say it. We'll just say that the title could be anything. It's also worth noting, as does Gamezine, that the same page lists Bayonetta as a PS3-only title, which isn't the case. Thus, the Konami listing could easily be a multiplatform title -- the new Castlevania title revealed last year, perhaps.

Also worth pointing out, the list notes an upcoming PS3 title from Fatal Frame IV and No More Heroes developer Grasshopper Manufacture. This might be the upcoming horror project with EA that was announced last year -- for Xbox 360 and Wii as well, incidentally -- or it might be something completely different.

So, will we be seeing a 360 port of MGS4 finally? Maybe, but pretty doubtful. Most likely a new IP. Possibly the one talked about with Grasshopper. Got me interested

I just hope Microsoft will have an Ace up their sleeve, and have major announcement for some exclusive games we don't know about. 360 has good multiplatform games, but lacks in the exclusive dept.
which is such a reversal from 2 years ago

which is such a reversal from 2 years ago

It goes to show that Microsoft really didn't have a good long term plan, and they don't have anything substantial beyond Halo and GOW.

What I would realistically like to see...

Half-Life 2: Episode 3
Portal 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Mass Effect 2
Modern Warfare 2 gameplay footage

Pie in the sky predictions...

The Elder Scrolls V (Plus whatever Bethesda and Splash Damage have been working on.)
Bungie's non-Halo game
TimeSplitters 4
The Witcher. :csad:
A new current-gen Mega Man game

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Pikmin 3
Star Fox Wii

These are what I'm hoping for. Also more Sin & Punishment 2. :up:

This E3 will have it all, motion controllers, booth babes, the swine flu.....but let´s hope the last one isn´t allowed to enter.

As for games, i expect something...anything, from Microsoft (which i bet it will, because one can live on Halo and multiplatform games alone).
From Sony, i´m not expecting much more, because there are already many exclusives to be released (but 1 or 2 new ips is almost certain).
From Nintendo, after the *amazing* one from last year..., but Nintendo isn´t one to announce many games at the same time, so, i expect 1 or 2, one being the new Zelda.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/05/rumor-new-xbox-360-title-on-the-way-from-konami/

Interesting rumor going on here

So, will we be seeing a 360 port of MGS4 finally? Maybe, but pretty doubtful. Most likely a new IP. Possibly the one talked about with Grasshopper. Got me interested

It's way too late for a 360 port of Metal Gear Solid 4. And there would have to be complete changes to the game and some massive compressing as well so it wouldn't be just a mere port job that I don't think Konami would like to put in the time and effort to do. It also made a killing as a PlayStation 3 exclusive, so it's not like they're in any need for them to do so.

I'm thinking it's either a mulitplatform title, a new IP, or an old one that is getting revamped.

It is not MGS4. Another thing about that is that it says Japan instead of World Wide.

Konami "New Title" (Xbox 360, Japan)

It's way too late for a 360 port of Metal Gear Solid 4. And there would have to be complete changes to the game and some massive compressing as well so it wouldn't be just a mere port job that I don't think Konami would like to put in the time and effort to do. It also made a killing as a PlayStation 3 exclusive, so it's not like they're in any need for them to do so.

I'm thinking it's either a mulitplatform title, a new IP, or an old one that is getting revamped.
that and I think the window for it has come and gone. It would have been best to release a port late last year. At this point, I dont think they'd get as great a return.

How about Zone of Enders 3? I know thats something thats been asked about for years. Was one of Konami's most well recieved franchises last gen, but it sort of disappeared. I wonder if they will finally make an announcment about that

It goes to show that Microsoft really didn't have a good long term plan, and they don't have anything substantial beyond Halo and GOW.

Just because we have no announced things right now, doesn't mean MS has no plan. They just aren't Sony, who announce things years in advance.

Dude, do you know who Microsoft is?
MS has plans, the thing, we don´t know what they are yet?

Yeah guys I don't know what you're thinking. Microsoft is obviously going to pull the curtain back on 15-20 AAA exclusive titles with releases with the next 8-9 months. Not to mention reveal an invention that will revolutionize gaming overnight.

Now, to be serious. I think it's obvious that MS most likely has a few curtains to pull, but I honestly doubt we're going to see them blow everything away with their conference. I'll say for me personally, I have my must buys down and it's going to take a huge reveal of 6-7 AAA exclusives to get me to change that. They don't need to do that, though, since most of the big and anticipated titles are multiplatformed and they'll be selling mostly on the 360. If anything, I see MS focusing more on 2010 then here in '09.

Eh, none of the PS3's exclusives other than Heavy Rain interest me anyway. And, before anyone accuses me of PS3-bashing, none of the 360's exclusives other than some of their DLC interests me, either. I rented Halo 3 just because I've already played the first two and it was there, and I still have yet to even try Gears of War. Exclusives as a whole are an obnoxious invention that benefits only the publishers at the expense of the gamers. In my world, all games would be multi-platform and include releases on the PC.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to some news on Heavy Rain. If any title's going to get me to save up for a PS3, it's that. I'd also like to see something non-multiplayer-related from Valve again. It's been a while. Specifically, a few tidbits about HL2 Episode 3 or Portal 2. Oh, and Alpha Protocol seems interesting, but we already know we're getting news on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"