• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Edgar Wright's BABY DRIVER

Moridin

Death Contagious Deity
Reaction score
This is supposed to start filming this year for release next year, reports from January:

Earlier this week, news broke that Ansel Elgort was in talks to star in Edgar Wright‘s upcoming film, Baby Driver. At the time, we didn’t know what the movie would be about. However, it seems the original casting story was quietly updated with a pretty exciting description of what the movie will entail.

Here’s what Variety says about the Baby Driver plot:

Plot follows a talented, young getaway driver who relies on the beat of his personal soundtrack to be the best in the game. But after being coerced into working for a crime boss, he must face the music when a doomed heist threatens his life, love and freedom.

If you weren’t already excited for the simple statement, “A New Edgar Wright Movie,” a film that blends crime, car chases and kick ass music from the director gives me goosebumps. Wright will be shooting this movie in the coming months, so expect a 2016 release.

http://www.slashfilm.com/edgar-wright-baby-driver-plot/

Our first report on it was back in 2009. At that time, the director said this:

"I’d like to make Baby Driver next if possible. On [Scott Pilgrim] and other things I’ve been blogging furiously and putting up a photo every day, I think when I do that one I’d like to go completely silent for once. Probably because it’s not an adaptation or anything, or a sequel to anything else. I’d like to just make it in private, basically."
http://www.slashfilm.com/edgar-wright-baby-driver-plot/

Now his not touching twitter pretty much since New Years makes sense.

Sources say talks are in early stages with Elgort, but it looks like a deal will come together after actors including Logan Lerman and John Boyega chased the part.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/m...el-elgort-circling-lead-exclusive-1201404318/

-Haters not welcome, take your bull$#!t Ant Man whining somewhere else.-

Supposedly, Edgar wants Emma Stone and Michael Douglas in this as well, as Ansel Elgort's love interest and mentor.

I'm down for anything Edgar Wright is involved in. I'll be catching this at the cinema for sure.

Supposedly, Edgar wants Emma Stone and Michael Douglas in this as well, as Ansel Elgort's love interest and mentor.

I'll be watching this for Wright either way, but would love for him to get that cast. I like that cast :p.

Edgar Wright is my favorite "modern" filmmaker right now so bring it!

This sounds amazingly up his alley. I'm in.

Sounds cool.

Edgar must really want Douglas to play a mentor role in one of his movies after casting him in Ant-Man and not trying to get him in Baby Driver.

It's a blessing because now can get Baby Driver, which would've taken even longer to get made if he was stuck with 'Bug-Man'.

Ansel Elgort Closes Deal to Star in ‘Baby Driver’

Variety was the first to report that Elgort was in early discussions to star in the high-octane thriller. The 21-year-old thesp needed to work out his schedule for the next “Divergent” film, “Allegiant,” before officially signing on for “Baby Driver.”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/baby-driver-ansel-elgort-edgar-wright-1201463614/

Cool! I'm intrigued by what else Edgar can do without relying on pegg and frost (scott pilgrim showed a lot of promise). I hope he gets to make it exactly how he wants to

When has Wright ever relied on Pegg or Frost? That is like saying Scorsese relied on De Niro.

By the time Wright finishes this movie, he might have to rename it Adult Driver. :o

To be fair, Pegg was co-writer on the Cornetto movies and on Spaced.
Yes co-writers, they wrote together. Wright rarely if ever writes by himself. He didn't write Scott Pilgrim by himself either. Also correct me if I am wrong, but Pegg and Stevenson created Spaced. So they wrote the series.

For what it is worth, Scott Pilgrim is his best film imo, and none of his usual collaborators worked on it.

Female lead found.

'Cinderella' Star Lily James in Talks to Join Edgar Wright's 'Baby Driver'

Cinderella star Lily James is in negotiations to join Edgar Wright’s crime thriller Baby Driver.
TriStar and MRC are behind the project, which Wright wrote and is directing.

Ansel Elgort is set to star as a young mute man who has an ear condition that forces him to constantly listen to music in order to drown out the constant ringing in his ears. His character is a driver for a group of bank robbers who goes on the run after a heist goes bad.

James will play Elgort’s love interest, a waitress in a diner.

The movie is looking at a fall shoot in New Orleans.

James’ Cinderella just crossed the $500 million mark this week. The British actress grabbed Hollywood's — and America's — attention with her breakout performance in the global television hit Downton Abbey. She will also star in the adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cinderella-star-lily-james-talks-794279

I really liked her in Cinderella and Downton Abbey. Will be interesting to see her in something totally different.

Yay! I'm so glad she will keep getting work. She was amazing in Cinderella!

Cinderella? Edgar you get me, you just get me. :atp:

Glad to see James get this gig, she was so winning in Cinderella.

I am still surprised how well they pulled off that movie. After the first trailer, I was sure it was going to be a bore.

I am still surprised how well they pulled off that movie. After the first trailer, I was sure it was going to be a bore.
My sentiments exactly. If you would have told me back in January that that film would be in the running as one of my favorites of the year, I would have laughed in your face. The trailers did absolutely nothing for me. It really caught me off guard.

I agree with you guys, I thought that first trailer was really bad because of how bland it was.

My sentiments exactly. If you would have told me back in January that film would be in the running as one of my favorites of the year, I would have laughed in your face. The trailers did absolutely nothing for me. It really caught me off guard.
Yep, I didn't think I'd end up adoring it, but I did. The trailers gave no indication of the work of Branagh and crew. There were also so many doubts about Lily James being cast as the lead, and she ended up being brilliant. The movie doesn't work if she doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"