Last Night In Soho

yes, only recently got around to watching this (remember being intrigued by the concept from the trailers and such when it first came out, but for whatever reason never got around to seeing it) thought it was good...
surprise it wasn't talked about more (tho, glade it wasn't to not have been spoiler-ed to the twist) which I feel was pretty well kept... the misdirection of the way the movie was advertised was well done

Hated it. Can’t connect with Edgar Wright for whatever reason.

I had no idea Wright directed this until the end. Didn’t feel like one of his movies at all to me. I guess because I’m just used to seeing him do comedies.

I had no idea Wright directed this until the end. Didn’t feel like one of his movies at all to me. I guess because I’m just used to seeing him do comedies.
I was stoked to see him do something so different than he normally does for the first time, even if there were some of his usual elements in it. I always love it when directors leave their comfort zone and try completely new things.

I was stoked to see him do something so different than he normally does for the first time, even if there were some of his usual elements in it. I always love it when directors leave their comfort zone and try completely new things.

Definitely. As much as I love the Pegg & Frost trilogy, it’s great to see Wright really try something different.

It was a little slow in the beginning but once you get into the central mystery, it gets better. Definitely didn’t feel like your usual Edgar Wright movie as there weren’t any quick cuts.

This just showed up on my movie channel. Decent enough. However, I agree with many of the critics who praised the first half as being quite engaging, but faulted the latter part as a fairly conventional, familiar and more-or-less predictable thriller/mystery. It kinda reminded me of a Buffy episode :ebr: called “I Only Have Eyes for You” — which, itself, called upon familiar ghost story tropes. Credit, though, to Soho’s cinematography and production design. It’s a gorgeous looking film.

I've finally watched it! Found the torrent source among the suggestions of the best horror movies. And I can probably be included in that half of the audience who really liked this movie. It was dark, twisted, with a really moody feel to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"