Elizabeth "Bitsie" Tulloch is Lois Lane

I didn’t really fancy Tulloch’s portrayal in the crossovers. Maybe it was because she was doing generic “spunky reporter”? :shrug:

However, Tulloch was much, much better in the S&L pilot.

She still isn’t doing anything for me, sadly. Part of it is her performance and part of it is because she didn’t have a lot to do. She’s not so bad that she drags the show down, but I find her expressions oddly blank and the lack of feistiness disappointing. Even a somewhat older and settled Lois should be a firecracker IMO. But there’s still time. Best of luck to her.

Funny, but I love the more subdued take that she has in this. Lois is a difficult character in that it is easy for the feistiness to be laid on too thick and she can come across as a caricature. BT’s Lois just oozes self confidence to me and that both makes her attractive and the perfect Lois.

Yeah, I liked how she handled the debate w Lana's husband. She dealt truths but held back to keep it from getting too contentious.

Yeah, I liked how she handled the debate w Lana's husband. She dealt truths but held back to keep it from getting too contentious.

I actually thought that was a great way to show that Lois is a little bit older and wiser than we’re used to seeing her. Other, younger versions would’ve clapped back immediately and turned it into an argument. Tulloch’s let him know how she felt with no room for misinterpretation, but she was polite and respectful and was clearly trying to avoid coming on too strong or making him feel stupid. It was a good scene.

To be clear: I’m fine with Lois being a little more settled, a little more tactful, a little more diplomatic in how she handles things. I would actually argue that it’s necessary when we’re dealing with a Lois over 40 (hope that doesn’t come across as misogynist, I don’t mean it that way at all). But what’s missing from Tulloch’s performances (all of them; I’ve never been all that impressed with her) is the passion and acerbic wit that’s characterized all the best Lanes.

She's definitely grown on me with every appearance. Wasnt a fan on her first outting but now I love her. The thing that sucks with her though is that she is the only Lois that we dont get to see REALLY work as a reporter, we dont get to see her in her element at the Daily Planet, with Perry, with Lex, etc...this Lois has to deal with more family issues then previous incarnations.

She's definitely grown on me with every appearance. Wasnt a fan on her first outting but now I love her. The thing that sucks with her though is that she is the only Lois that we dont get to see REALLY work as a reporter, we dont get to see her in her element at the Daily Planet, with Perry, with Lex, etc...this Lois has to deal with more family issues then previous incarnations.

I think we'll still get some of that with this Lois. It's just that she'll have to work extra hard so as to maintain a proper balance between career and family. Clark seems to be more of a hands-on father as well, so she'll probably lean on him for added support. That said, the writers maybe did miss an opportunity to show a little hesitance on her part as relates to the sudden move to Smallville. What's the distance between Metropolis and Smallville anyhow? I'm guessing this varies between iterations.

I think we'll still get some of that with this Lois. It's just that she'll have to work extra hard so as to maintain a proper balance between career and family. Clark seems to be more of a hands-on father as well, so she'll probably lean on him for added support. That said, the writers maybe did miss an opportunity to show a little hesitance on her part as relates to the sudden move to Smallville. What's the distance between Metropolis and Smallville anyhow? I'm guessing this varies between iterations.

I dont think Clark has been very hands on. They talked about how he is away a lot

Lois is definitely the more hands-on parent. Seems to be the only one in the family with her **** together, honestly.

I know what you mean with her whole supporting crew, but I definitely think we’ll be seeing PLENTY of reporter!Lois regardless. Morgan Edge is literally in this show for that reason, to be her nemesis in that world.

I dont think Clark has been very hands on. They talked about how he is away a lot

Sure, there are times when his duties and responsibilities as a superhero take him away from the family. But I still feel like he makes a continuous effort to be a part of their lives. Even with Jordan, where things are becoming more and more strained by the day, he genuinely seems to want to do better. He regularly checks in on him; he attends Jonathan's games, etc. Not saying he's gonna win the "Father of the Year" award anytime soon, but the potential is there. And if anyone can rise to an occasion, it's Superman.

So what does Clark do for work now after he was made redundant? Lois managed to get a job but there could be an opening there for Clark. He can't just be a stay at home parent since his sons are teenagers and go to school.

So what does Clark do for work now after he was made redundant? Lois managed to get a job but there could be an opening there for Clark. He can't just be a stay at home parent since his sons are teenagers and go to school.

I'll go out on a limb and presume that The Smallville Gazette pays nothing. :sus

I'll go out on a limb and presume that The Smallville Gazette pays nothing. :sus

I doubt it pays very much since that woman was doing everything herself (editor, journalist, etc). Maybe Lois is using it more for a platform to get her message out there. But perhaps she'll also have a hand later on in helping to run the business (that's if she's even got time for it). Or maybe the editor will manage the business side of things and let Lois be more of a creative since I doubt Lois is really interested in business.

I think it would've been good if they kept Martha alive and then when Clark was laid off and Lois quit the Planet they had to move back in with Clark's mom because it was too expensive to live in Metropolis. It would echo much of the current Covid climate with people being laid off and having to move in with their parents and downsizing etc.

Is Clark supposed to be running the farm? But what does that farm even sell? How does it make any money? There aren't any cows or chickens. And does he gather any crops? And do they have any horses? They could've provided horse riding lessons.

Glad to see that their drawings inspiration from Superman: The Animated Series design of Lois .

Lois is a passionate, Independent courageous woman who is isn't afraid of being a journalist of integrity and truth.

F21FlTD.gif

Glad to see that their drawings inspiration from Superman: The Animated Series design of Lois .

Lois is a passionate, Independent courageous woman who is isn't afraid of being a journalist of integrity and truth.

Is journalism not really Clark's thing as much as Lois's? How come she can't stay away from it and feels compelled to get involved whereas he doesn't seemingly have that same calling? If it were a natural inclination, would he not be unable to help investigating something just like her?

3 words to describe Lois Lane? Greatest. Journalist. Ever.

Is journalism not really Clark's thing as much as Lois's? How come she can't stay away from it and feels compelled to get involved whereas he doesn't seemingly have that same calling?

Back in the Golden Age (and still occasionally referenced today), there was a specific reason why Clark became a journalist: to get important news first. In turn, Clark (Superman) would be able to respond to various emergencies (crimes, dangers, disasters) with all due speed. IOW, journalism was an expedient for Clark — a means to an end.

And nowadays — with social media, blogging and “citizen reporters” — it’s not so obvious that Superman needs to be embedded within journalism in order to do his job.

In any case, I think it’s clear that Lois is the more authentic journalist in the traditional/romantic sense. As to who’s the better reporter, it’s probably (again) Lois. But it’s not really a fair comparison because they have different goals. E.g., Clark would readily sacrifice a byline about a burning orphanage in order to save the orphans. :word:

Is journalism not really Clark's thing as much as Lois's? How come she can't stay away from it and feels compelled to get involved whereas he doesn't seemingly have that same calling? If it were a natural inclination, would he not be unable to help investigating something just like her?

This seems to be the best interpretation of Clark's place at the Daily Planet

To me, yes he does it to be able to keep his ear to the ground, but also Clark loves being a reporter because he’s genuinely driven to pursue truth and justice, so that occupation helps him do that, but of course, so does being Superman. So the job part isn’t as vital to him as it is to Lois, though I think telling human interest stories also always appealed to him, as he does love humanity. But we’ve seen Clark go back to his farming roots in future-set stories before, so I think there’s also a part of him that would feel fulfilled following in his parents’ footsteps, as long as he could still help people and see justice done as Supes.

If they want to use Lois comic book pictures for Tulloch they should use Gary Franks pictures because that's who she looks like.

I'd love to see a flashback of her first encounter with Kal-El in costume and how she named him. Each version has a unique way of adding creativity to the encounter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"