Falcon and Winter Soldier EMILY VANCAMP is BACK! Agent 13 aka Sharon Carter!

There is no report that Armor Wars is shooting around May or June of this year. We might even get Secret Invasion first as they started casting new actors for that one, unlike Armor Wars. She Hulk also already started filming.

And how are you sure Skrulls is connected to Agent Carter? It sounds like you made it a fact but nobody knows (outside Marvel) who was she talking to at the end.

I'm not. Quite the opposite.

I'd also like to know why she would lead Sam, Bucky, and Zemo to Dr. Nagel, her "golden goose" making more super-serum.

If Nagel knew that Sharon is the Power Broker, she might have turned him over to keep him from exposing her. It's also possible that she had no idea that Zemo would kill the guy. After all, he was buddied up with Sam & Bucky, the putative good guys who would never kill a prisoner. She certainly looked shocked when she saw the body. It could be that she and Nagel planned for him to be taken into custody and sprung later, like Batroc was.

From the way Sharon killed all those mooks outside Nagel's lab, I suspect that she took the serum herself. In TWS & CW, she couldn't hold her own even with Rumlow, and Bucky wiped a table with her. Yet, in this series she dispatched multiple armed and jacked guys with ease. Something doesn't add up about her newfound skills.

If Nagel knew that Sharon is the Power Broker, she might have turned him over to keep him from exposing her. It's also possible that she had no idea that Zemo would kill the guy. After all, he was buddied up with Sam & Bucky, the putative good guys who would never kill a prisoner. She certainly looked shocked when she saw the body. It could be that she and Nagel planned for him to be taken into custody and sprung later, like Batroc was.

From the way Sharon killed all those mooks outside Nagel's lab, I suspect that she took the serum herself. In TWS & CW, she couldn't hold her own even with Rumlow, and Bucky wiped a table with her. Yet, in this series she dispatched multiple armed and jacked guys with ease. Something doesn't add up about her newfound skills.

I hadn't considered the possibility she could be serumed up too. Could be....but I wouldn't discount the possibility that this is, what, 7 years later and she's been surviving in a crime-ridden hellhole like Madripoor the whole time and just had to level up in badassery to survive.

I mean, I would like some eventual explanation of why Sharon didn't receive any support from the Avengers in Exile. Was she not able to get in contact with them once on the run? Did they try to contact her but fail? Something along those lines. Basically, I'm fine with this turn of events, but only if it didn't rely on Steve somehow forgetting one of the people who helped him for no reason. A good reason would be "Sharon vanished into her own fugitive status, but it wasn't prolonged solitude and lack of support that made her bitter, it was the very fact that things went bad again." Or basically, the whole Accords/Civil War events themselves are what convinced Sharon that the people and government she used to serve and protect weren't worth it, and so was going to just serve and protect herself. Which, you know, I can sympathize, Secretary Thaddeus Ross makes a *really good* case for it. ;)

As chaotic as things were after the Snap, Steve might not have even known that Sharon survived. It must have been hard to track dusted people who had been living on the grid, much less someone on the run undercover.

By the by, I vaguely remembered that in the comics, Sharon disappeared for years and neither Steve nor SHIELD looked for her. That actually did happen, but she seemed to have died, on camera, in a battle. Steve had to mourn Sharon and move on with his life. (I can't remember if he literally cried on Sam's shoulder over Sharon or when he broke up with the wonderful Bernie Rosenthal. Maybe for both. Or neither.)

Fury, ever the sneaky super-spy, secretly rescued Sharon, however. He sent her undercover again, without telling Steve she was alive, and then promptly "died" himself. Sharon, trapped in her assignment among villains and feeling betrayed, eventually turned to the dark side and started working with Red Skull, of all creatures. It eventually got straightened out and she hooked back up with Cap, but she was a bitter babe with a vendetta for quite a while.

So. Sharon's seeming venture into villainy does have comic book antecedents. She expressed some anger towards Steve for not looking for her, IIRC, though (as with the Snap) he had no idea she was alive. I did have to go to the Fandom wiki to refresh my memory but I had the broad outlines right.

Hopefully, Sharon's story will be fleshed out later since her heel-turn has thrown so many people off. It's good to remember that this is in keeping with her history, however.

Turning Sharon into a vicious, backstabbing piece of work has finally made her interesting, however. The bland good-girl persona never really worked. Now that she's evil she might be fun to watch.
They didn't know how to write her. Making her a villain is not the only way to make her interesting, there are other ways, but they don't know how to do it.

Yeah, I have to say the whole Sharon going evil thing didn't work for me at all. It's nice that this has some comic connections, but it has to feel right within the MCU itself. And it just doesn't. I just can't work with the idea that someone who did and said the things she did in the previous movies just decided to become purely evil.

Plus it just didn't make much sense in general. I mean really. Cap, Sam, and the rest just forgot about her? He had the time and will to break his friends out of jail, but forgot about the girl he was making out with a few days ago? Sure, ok. That...makes total sense.

Making her a villain can be interesting and it could lead to good stuff. But how they got there was badly handled. The writers dropped the ball hard there. They wanted a result but did logic out how to get there in a way that felt natural. Honestly they better reveal her as a Skrull. Because being a completely different character is the only way to explain her being a completely different character.

Last edited:
yeah the Sharon you could see coming, and everyone I think was more hoping for a twist.

I too fall in the hope she's a Skrull camp. Only time will tell.

yeah the Sharon you could see coming, and everyone I think was more hoping for a twist.

I too fall in the hope she's a Skrull camp. Only time will tell.

I think she might be a Van camp. :o

They didn't know how to write her. Making her a villain is not the only way to make her interesting, there are other ways, but they don't know how to do it.

So, could you name some?

Also, yes, this is absolutely me going "Its easy to say something is possible when someone else has to do the work".

So, could you name some?

Also, yes, this is absolutely me going "Its easy to say something is possible when someone else has to do the work".
I am not a writer, but she has enough material in the comics to make her an interesting character, they don't know how, and now she has totally changed to a villain in search of world domination because she has been forgotten. What the hell, this series has a lot of writing problems.

Gotta say considering how so many seem to take digs at her acting skills, she stays working albeit in generic tv dramas.

I am not a writer, but she has enough material in the comics to make her an interesting character, they don't know how, and now she has totally changed to a villain in search of world domination because she has been forgotten. What the hell, this series has a lot of writing problems.

So, that's a "No, I cannot actually come up with a better angle". Thank you for the straight answer.

I wouldn't mind a Sharon Carter Disney + mini series that shows her during those years of the Blip where she goes from being a loyal Cap ally to becoming bitter and cynical and feeling betrayed to eventually becoming an actual criminal. It could be a bit like Breaking Bad, and could show her wrestling with certain decisions and feeling guilty about it. But eventually she becomes desensitised to it and after a while doesn't even give her actions a second thought.

I don’t know if the actress who plays Sharon Carter or the character is strong enough to carry her own series.

I don’t know if the actress who plays Sharon Carter or the character is strong enough to carry her own series.

But Emily VanCamp has already proven before she can carry her own series -eg Revenge, which went for 4 seasons. So it's not a matter of whether she can do it. And her character as it currently is, is not that far different to Revenge either, so that also shows that a series could be based around her.

But Emily VanCamp has already proven before she can carry her own series -eg Revenge, which went for 4 seasons. So it's not a matter of whether she can do it. And her character as it currently is, is not that far different to Revenge either, so that also shows that a series could be based around her.

To be fair, I don’t know her from anything but from the Marvel movies and this current show. I’ve never heard or seen Revenge, so I’m basing this solely on what we’ve seen so far in this universe and based on that, she’s pretty forgettable to me as written and performed.

But again, that’s solely based on Marvel, so outside of that I’m sure she has some range. But the writing would have a lot of very heavy lifting to tune into a whole show about Sharon Carter, IMO.

Revenge was a fine show, although I did think it went a season too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"