Agent Carter Marvel Readying 'Agent Carter' Series!

If the MCU Nick Fury indeed has the Infinity Formula to keep him young, then I can see them perhaps introducing Fury during the early days of SHIELD.

I had my own idea behind Nick Fury. It refers to the James Bond theory which entertains the idea that "James Bond" is just a title that get's past on from agent to agent.

If Nick Fury is just a mantle, then maybe there was a Nick Fury that existed in the 40's/50's. Give's Marvel an opportunity to introduce the classic Nick Fury without messing with the MCU continuity. He dies and Samuel Jackson inherits the title and continues the legacy.

I had my own idea behind Nick Fury. It refers to the James Bond theory which entertains the idea that "James Bond" is just a title that get's past on from agent to agent.

If Nick Fury is just a mantle, then maybe there was a Nick Fury that existed in the 40's/50's. Give's Marvel an opportunity to introduce the classic Nick Fury without messing with the MCU continuity. He dies and Samuel Jackson inherits the title and continues the legacy.

Skyfall shot the "James Bond is actually just a code-name" theory to Hell. It's his real name.

There is no need to resort to the multiple Nick Furys scenario if he took the Infinity Formula as he did in the comics. He could be very nearly Steve Rogers' real age now but without aging due to the formula. That would be the preferred solution because it would allow for Nick working with Peggy and Howard Stark back in the 1940's while remaining young enough in the intervening seven decades to still lead SHIELD today. The writers have said that it's going to be Peggy's show, however, so if Fury and Stark appear it wouldn't be often, anyway.

On a side note, I would love to see the story with Nick Fury's son play out in the MCU, only with Nick Fury Jr. looking White because he had a caucasian mother. That would flip the inane 616 universe version on its head. Then there could eventually be an eye-patch wearing, cigar chomping White Nick Fury in the MCU, just like the 616 Universe original. Come to think of it, a few heads would explode if that happened. :funny:

I'm still surprised that the dumb "James Bond is a code name" is still believed :huh: How can people really believe that 6 different guys can all have a scottish father and a french speaking swiss mother (Skyfall), that both died in an accident at the same time. And all married a woman named Teresa / tracy who died the day they married (OHMSS and For your eyes only) ?

The only logacial explanation for this is that James Bond is only one guy, and 007 is the real code name.

That being said, the infinite formula from the comics would work just fine if they want to use Nick Fury in the Peggy Carter series. But, having seen Captain america TWS, I have some serious doubt that we will se him in it...

because it is said in the movie that Pierce and Fury joined the SHIELD at the same time after a rescue mission Nick Fury did all by himself

I'm still surprised that the dumb "James Bond is a code name" is still believed :huh: How can people really believe that 6 different guys can all have a scottish father and a french speaking swiss mother (Skyfall), that both died in an accident at the same time. And all married a woman named Teresa / tracy who died the day they married (OHMSS and For your eyes only) [/SPOILER]

Skyfall shot the "James Bond is actually just a code-name" theory to Hell. It's his real name.

I'm aware of both of these things. The Bond code name would not be an easy sell in the Bond universe, but the theory could work just fine in the MCU. Haven't got a problem with the Infinity formula either, just playing around with different ideas.

Speaking of the Infinity formula, didn't Black Widow take the formula herself in the comics? She's supposed to be around the same age as Fury. Would be cool if they explored more of Widows back story.

Edit: Done a bit of digging. I hear Black Widow's history goes as far back as the Cold War. She could potential cross over into the Agent Carter series. Black Widow vs Agent Carter? Yes please. :)

Last edited:

Yup, despite having returning cast members like Judi Dench, the Daniel Craig movies are meant as a straight reboot..... whereas Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan are all playing the same guy, you just have to ignore how much real time passes between productions :)

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/pilots-2014-early-buzz-edition/
Then there is Marvel’s stealth Agent Carter project. Last year, the company went into Fort Knox mode on its Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, which was kept under lock and key. They took that a notch further this year with Agent Carter. Because there is a prototype — the project is inspired by a one shot, which was featured on the Blu-ray release of Iron Man 3 — word has been that it would forgo a pilot and go straight to series. The script was finished more than three months ago (“the script is great,” ABC’s Paul Lee said back in January), the option on one-shot’s star Hayley Atwell came up and was extended, but the green light never came. Now there is talk that a pickup for Agent Carter may come along with a renewal for Marvel’s freshman Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with the new series possibly serving as a bridge between the fall and spring portions of S.H.I.E.L.D.
So basically exactly what they were planning to do with Once Upon a Time in Wonderland until they immediately went back on that and dropped it in the most dangerous slot on the schedule. :o

Lets see if they have the balls to follow through this time.

Can't wait for this! Any idea what time period the show will be set in?

According to Markus and McFeely, it would be set in 1946.

According to Markus and McFeely, it would be set in 1946.

Awesome! I wonder how many of the commandos they would get for the show. I would love for Dum Dum to be part of it. Wonder if they will expand on what the blue liquid was and what Zodiac is?

This sounds like such a good idea. I would love to see more of the challenges that began with making an organisation such as shield. I wonder if
Toby jones
would be happy with a cameo? He appeared in doctor who before so I think he wouldn't mind

Fall 2014: Agents of SHIELD S2 Part 1
Winter 2015: Agent Carter S1
Spring 2015: Agents of SHIELD S2 Part 2
May 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron

I like the sound of that. And I imagine the Daredevil Netflix show will drop sometime that summer along with Ant-Man and Jessica Jones sometime in the fall.

Fall 2014: Agents of SHIELD S2 Part 1
Winter 2015: Agent Carter S1
Spring 2015: Agents of SHIELD S2 Part 2
May 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron

I like the sound of that. And I imagine the Daredevil Netflix show will drop sometime that summer along with Ant-Man and Jessica Jones sometime in the fall.

:up:

Yeah, I like that schedule. Keeps me occupied the whole time. :word:

This week, AOU has been shooting in London, and the scene involves Chris Evans and Hayley Atwell reprising their CATFA roles in WWII-era England. (The scene also involves [BLACKOUT]Paul Bettany, who's now confirmed to be playing Vision. There's nothing definite about why he's in this scene, but fandom -- including me -- thinks he's playing the original (human) Edwin Jarvis in that scene.)[/BLACKOUT] There's lots of fun speculation about what that's all about --- flashbacks, time travel, reality alteration, mind games, you name it.

But I'm wondering if it might actually be for the Peggy Carter series instead of AOU....I'm sure Joss could take just a few hours to direct an episode, and take advantage of having Evans and Atwell together again (however briefly).

Dominic Cooper (Howard Stark) on Agent Carter:

I haven’t seen it! I keep missing it. Is it any good? It was good fun doing that. I saw Hayley Atwell recently and she mentioned the whole idea of the Carter thing since the short. So yeah, any way that Stark could make a comeback I’d be well up for it, because he’s a really fun character to play and he’s so influential in the backbone of what they become. So I love being part of it and they’re an incredible group of people to be working with. They’re making some extraordinary stuff. I’d be well up for doing anything like that again.

On whether people recognize him for playing Howard:

I don’t get recognized for being Howard Stark too much. It takes people quite a bit of time to realize that I play him, that that’s me, only real diehard fans. But no, it’s funny, not a great deal.

I'm really hoping this works out, especially if it is 13 episodes sandwiched between the first and second half of AoS season 2. It would be a nice filler while we wait, plus it can hopefully tell an interesting story that provides some backstory for the MCU.

I have a feeling that season 2 of Agents of Shield will be announced, paired with an announcement about Agent Carter's new show.

Since 24: Live Another Day is a 12 ep series, I think Agent Carter may turn out to be the same.

Given the revelation of
[blackout]HYDRA infiltration of SHIELD[/blackout]
back in its formation. I'd imagine they explore that in this series.

If last night's AoS is any indication, I'd bet we've got a teaser of what the prop department folks got in store for us with Agent Carter.

If last night's AoS is any indication, I'd bet we've got a teaser of what the prop department folks got in store for us with Agent Carter.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Has AOS been given a second series yet?
I've wondered whether they might do an Agent Carter series 2014-15 and AOS season 2 after Avengers:AOU ?

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Has AOS been given a second series yet?
I've wondered whether they might do an Agent Carter series 2014-15 and AOS season 2 after Avengers:AOU ?

It seems like season 2 of AoS is a done deal, just waiting to get official confirmation although there's some speculation we might get a split season of sorts, 12/13 episodes for AoS and Agent Carter each, and in the case of AC the plan is already for a limited series of sorts and then seeing where the story goes from there. I guess it depends on where things will be at the start of AoU. Perhaps we could get a spring '15 start for AC ledading into AoU with AoS already going since Aug/Sep of '14.

Since 24: Live Another Day is a 12 ep series, I think Agent Carter may turn out to be the same.
Yup, that's what the plan is. Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (writers of CA:TWS) also wrote the Agent Carter pilot. As per this article from ScreenRant, which ran about a month ago, this is what McFeely had to say: "That’s my hope, is that it would be something like [Under the Dome]. Our case would be that it would be a limited series and you would wrap up that one bad guy and that one case, and then if you like it we’ll do it again next year and it’s 1947."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"