Agent Carter Marvel Readying 'Agent Carter' Series!

Given the revelation of
[blackout]HYDRA infiltration of SHIELD[/blackout]
back in its formation. I'd imagine they explore that in this series.

I have to wonder how deeply they would delve into that though. If it was as efficient as it would have to be to considering the events of TWS, the only angle I could imagine them exploiting is dramatic irony. I could see them exploring Howard Stark's death and a few others, but the only issue I'd have with that is that it would necessitate that our hero never have any hope of discovering their plot.

This series needs its own forum now.

Good to see the show has been picked up. It better look as expensive as the one shot and not like a cheap tv series.

Why did it have to be on ABC? Why? I was hoping for this to be a high end 13 episode a season series. :(

Well at least Hayley Atwell will be on my television weekly. :)

I'm thrilled that this is actually coming to fruition. I really didn't expect it to happen. :up:

So the winter break for season two would be 10-12 weeks?

So I just read that the show will function as a bridge during the winter break for AoS. This excites me. Shorter seasons means a better chance for a strong narrative, less filler and more quality.

I'm very excited to see that ABC has greenlighted a period action drama set in the 50's and starring a beautiful British actress. Even with the Marvel brand, it is still a very brave decision. I hope the series will justify the faith the network has given it.

Sweet! This is awesome news and nice to finally have official confirmation for both Agent Carter and season 2 of AoS. Very exciting times!

So happy about all today's pickup/renewal news :D

So am I. It's going to be amazing, I can't wait to see shields origin story.

It's also so good that marvel is making their one shots count, they're not just flippant pointless stories. They're fleshing out their universe. Brilliant

Excellent, but expected news.

What we know based on interviews with the writers, etc.:
* Set in 1946.
* Cable-length season of 13 or less episodes.
* Will tell the story of a single case and single villain.
* Second season will kick off the subsequent year (1947) assuming the first season is well received.
* May start even prior to the events of the Agent Carter one-shot.

* Howard Stark as a series regular. Dominic Cooper has expressed serious interest stating he'd definitely be up for it. Based on his comments, I think they might have already signed Cooper behind the scenes.

* Howling Commandos! A press release in the near future stating "Kenneth Choi, Derek Luke, JJ Feild, Bruno Ricci and Neal McDonough reprise their roles as members of Captain America's Howling Commandos in Marvel's Agent Carter on ABC..." would have me absolutely leaping for joy. Someone look up what those actors are up to these days.

* Tommy Lee Jones. I know, he might be too big a star to "slum it" on network TV, but even a few guest appearances would be awesome.

* Random Winter Soldier attacks interspersed here and there. Wouldn't want him to be a constant threat, but possibly an enigmatic enemy that shows up when least expected and causes havoc. The dynamic would be wonderful since the audience would know exactly what's going on, but the show's SHIELD agents would be completely in the dark. Though, this could be saved for season 2.

* The "rehabilitation" of one Dr. Arnim Zola, planting seeds of corruption in SHIELD's core. Again, could be saved for season 2.

* Agent Carter sub-forum on SuperHeroHype. :)

That's all I have off the top of my head. Thoughts, anyone?

Excellent, but expected news.

What we know based on interviews with the writers, etc.:
* Set in 1946.
* Cable-length season of 13 or less episodes.
* Will tell the story of a single case and single villain.
* Second season will kick off the subsequent year (1947) assuming the first season is well received.
* May start even prior to the events of the Agent Carter one-shot.

I hope it starts after the one shot to be honest. The one soy was a great starting point for this show. Also Young Nick Fury would be very much welcomed.

I don't think Nick Fury is supposed to be nearly 70. Older if you want him to show up as anything but a baby.

Will the series start right after the action of the Agent Carter one shot, or will it have some kind of framing device with old Peggy in the nursing home (a la CA:TWS) telling Steve Rogers what happened in the intervening years when he was presumed dead?

Will the series start right after the action of the Agent Carter one shot, or will it have some kind of framing device with old Peggy in the nursing home (a la CA:TWS) telling Steve Rogers what happened in the intervening years when he was presumed dead?

Given she's suffering from Alzheimer's, I doubt it. There probably won't be any framing.

TqYk.gif

Hayley is ecstatic over the pick up of her new series:

XtJATng.jpg

First poster:

536d7a4f1a979.jpg

Last edited:
If the show is successful and goes for several seasons but Hayley Atwell doesn't want to keep playing, they could move the action to the present day and have Emily Van Camp replace her. After all, I can't see Revenge continuing past the next season otherwise that would be really stretching things out.

This looks so good! I can't wait to watch it. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled or shoved up to midnight on Wednesdays or something

Maybe they could show Robert Reynolds the sentry or before he became the sentry and Adam Brashear before he became blue marvel.
Speaking of the sentry i am still not clear about his origins.
He is long ago forgotten hero i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"