Falcon and Winter Soldier Erin Kellyman is Karli Morganthau, head Flag-Smasher

JB-the-Hunter

Booty hunter
Reaction score
EwoVX79XIAcJ1q5

Wow looks nothing like the comic book version.

Is she going to be a villainess ?

will she really play the second time the character of a masked villain who turns out to be not the villain?

I hope there’s more to her character and the rest of Flag Smashers because so far I find them very generic

I just don't find them interesting. Well the girl kinda stood out in the trailer for me. But as the villains? Visually they could have looked cooler and mysterious but nah, they looked like random criminals.

will she really play the second time the character of a masked villain who turns out to be not the villain?
I bet so. Like they're the mini villains who'll be taken out by end of episode 4 allowing Zemo to show he's the real Big Bad of the season.

I thought Karl Mordo was a wizard not a flag smasher.

Hmm, some theories based on current standings.

So, as things are currently shown, the Flagsmashers seem to be a naive group of would-be revolutionaries, who stole their superpowers and are almost certainly in over their heads. Where does that leave Karli? Well, I'd say there's too main possibilities. The obvious one is that Karli is what she seems to be, the naive leader of a naive group, and things are ultimately going to go very bad for her. The less obvious option. . . is that the group is naive but she is not. She is in fact working for/with. . . someone else, possibly the same Power Brokers. Currently I'd say 80/20 split.

I just don't find them interesting. Well the girl kinda stood out in the trailer for me. But as the villains? Visually they could have looked cooler and mysterious but nah, they looked like random criminals.

They are supposed to a group of grassroot anarchists, they seem to be robbing banks and relying on supporters for resources, they wouldn't care about looking cool. They wouldn't have a ton of money for Hugo Boss outfits and Karli wasn't going to dress up like Space Ghost, like Flag Smasher was in the comics.

Last edited:
Hmm, some theories based on current standings.

So, as things are currently shown, the Flagsmashers seem to be a naive group of would-be revolutionaries, who stole their superpowers and are almost certainly in over their heads. Where does that leave Karli? Well, I'd say there's too main possibilities. The obvious one is that Karli is what she seems to be, the naive leader of a naive group, and things are ultimately going to go very bad for her. The less obvious option. . . is that the group is naive but she is not. She is in fact working for/with. . . someone else, possibly the same Power Brokers. Currently I'd say 80/20 split.

I don’t thank that
she’s working with the Power Broker because she got that message from him that she stole from him. Maybe that was misdirection, but I don’t think so. She may be working with/for someone else but I don’t think she’s allied with the PB.

This does remind me of a more relevant and coherent point for consideration, though: Steve Rogers has a lot of villains from the comics, but they are all calibrated around being enemies of an opponent whose merely peak human. Since this is not the case in the MCU, it means every villain considered for adaptation needs an extra layer of "How do we make this work", in a way that a Spider-man or Iron Man villain doesn't.

( Yes, I know Karli here technically never even meets Steve, but she's still an adaptation of a Cap villain, and is still showing up and fighting Captain America-adjoining heroes who are in MCU Steve's weight class, so it still matters. A strictly comic accurate Flagsmasher wouldn't do great against Bucky's own supersoldier stats, or Sam's enhanced gadget array, either. )

Wow looks nothing like the comic book version.

Is she going to be a villainess ?

But why does that matter? Would Karli look more menacing if she dressed up like Space Ghost?

Anarchists wouldn't dress up like over the top super villains, they tend to wear plain black clothes and masks so they are not easily identified.

Last edited:
But why does that matter? Would Karli look more menacing if she dressed up like Space Ghost?

Anarchists wouldn't dress up like over the top super villains, they tend to wear plain black clothes and masks so they are not easily identified.

Did you quote the right person lol? I wasn't the one who had an issue with how she looks.

Did you quote the right person lol? I wasn't the one who had an issue with how she looks.

Perhaps I misunderstood the point of your cartoon and should have quoted psylockolussus instead.

I don't see the Flag Smashers as the villains

The group really isn’t but Karli just blew up a building and killed a bunch of people so I would say she’s crossed into villain territory now. I’m kinda glad that so far, she’s the most villainous of the group; I think for a while there, people were suspecting she was just cast as the same type of character she played in solo (initially the one everyone says is the villain but actually isn’t).

Is the actress using her actual real accent for the role?

Is the actress using her actual real accent for the role?

She seems to be an English actress from Staffordshire, so that accent sounds about right for her. A name like Karli Morganthau sounds rather South African though. Would've been cool if they made her from there instead and gave her a corresponding accent.

LOL I just looked up the comic book version and he really does look like Space Ghost! Glad they abandoned that costume for the show.

LOL I just looked up the comic book version and he really does look like Space Ghost! Glad they abandoned that costume for the show.

I wish that she did adopt that costume for the show. That would've been far more interesting since she's such a bland character. Maybe by the end of episode 6 she gets it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"