Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 2: “The Star Spangled Man” (SPOILERS)

That just means they have the option to use him, not that they will. But no, I don't think he'll be killed off. In fact the idea hadn't even occurred to me until reading this thread lol.

Me neither until I googled it and a Screenrant article popped up. It wouldn't have even crossed my mind until I read that Bucky has to make a sacrifice for redemption and I was instantly disgusted by the idea. I think the former-villain-turned-good-guy-has-to-make-redemptive-sacrifice trope is not only played out, but ****ty writing. Not to mention that Bucky wasn't a villain by choice.

Me neither until I googled it and a Screenrant article popped up. It wouldn't have even crossed my mind until I read that Bucky has to make a sacrifice for redemption and I was instantly disgusted by the idea. I think the former-villain-turned-good-guy-has-to-make-redemptive-sacrifice trope is not only played out, but ****ty writing. Not to mention that Bucky wasn't a villain by choice.

Interpretation of Trailer material:
I cant see Bucky die, specially in episode 5. We still have a lot of scenes where Sam has actually the shield and training with Bucky. The dialog "We are partners, co-workers" in combination with the handshake seems to me its the final 10min of episode 6 and they become "friends".

What does it take for that scenes?
- Walker goes crazy, make a mistake and want to cover it
- Goverment find out and demand the Shield back
- Sam want the Shield for his own and get it

With the flagsmashers as the major villains by now, its not believable they put all this in episode 3 and 4. Specially for Sam, that makes is arc in the series complete and he isnt just "be there" for the last two episodes.

6a52f31cc14afa644996eb063ae09afb20976113.gifv

df345beae4a8d55b2a25b790771ab168b1248f54.gifv

Perfect and definitive expressions from them both. :funny:

Walking into a police station suited up and shaking hands, using his privilege to get Bucky out and then hitting the siren to let Cap's wingmen know where he stands on the food chain cemented Walker Cap as a class A D-Bag.

After this scene my wife said "Please tell me this guy isn't going to be Captain America now."

Walking into a police station suited up and shaking hands, using his privilege to get Bucky out and then hitting the siren to let Cap's wingmen know where he stands on the food chain cemented Walker Cap as a class A D-Bag.

After this scene my wife said "Please tell me this guy isn't going to be Captain America now."
Ha, I think that’s what the show wants MCU casuals to be thinking right now.

Can I throw in, after using his privilege to get Bucky out, the fact that he referred to Bucky as an ASSET that shouldn't be tied up - that's what Hydra would refer to him as, to them he wasn't much more than a tool to be used, so (at least to me) Walker using that same term for Bucky just really pissed me off.

with boseman passing away, it would be interesting and they build up sam now to be one of the avengers leaders.

That was happening even if Boseman was still alive, IMO. Cap passed the mantle to Sam, and BP is an ally but he isn't an Avenger in the mcu...so far.

And cancelling Bucky's therapist appointments.

I mean, clearly Bucky needs those sessions :funny:

Walker cares more about Bucky being useful to him than his general well-being.

And cancelling Bucky's therapist appointments.

I mean, clearly Bucky needs those sessions :funny:

Walker cares more about Bucky being useful to him than his general well-being.

And then to cap (tee hee!) it all off Walker threatens our two heroes after they reject him a second time. An absolute clinic in d-baggery.

I've seen speculation that Walker got the super soldier serum already and that he's hiding it.

I've seen speculation that Walker got the super soldier serum already and that he's hiding it.

I dunno. I can't see a guy with Walker's ego intentionally taking an L like he did during the truck battle. I think the fact that he is a "lesser" Cap is going to eat at Walker until he finally breaks down and goes on the juice.

I dunno. I can't see a guy with Walker's ego intentionally taking an L like he did during the truck battle. I think the fact that he is a "lesser" Cap is going to eat at Walker until he finally breaks down and goes on the juice.

I assume this will cause the conflict in future episodes. Of course he'll want that serum right?

Hell, I'd take it too if I didn't think it would turn me into a crazy cat lady who laughs awkwardly at everything. Amplifying the qualities that are already there...

I have nothing meaningful to contribute that probably hasn't already been said yet, but this episode has probably one of my favorite MCU openings of all time, even though I'm not a Captain America stan in any way, shape, or form. But I guess that's the power of a good drum line. :funny:

Last edited:
It's called gooogle,and YouTube, and Twitter... We KNOW the press and the public follow thins stuff in universe closely. Then there is the added trauma of what Thanos did to consider. I think after that... Yeah when "weird" happens I don't put a lot of stock in people just dismissing it, but that's me.
That’s just raw information.

Those refugees from Syrian are still in camps. Still dying.

People just moved on. That’s how people consume information when you have vast information at your fingertips. Those things that have emotional resonance are what you dig into.

That’s what the Flagsmashers are partly taking about. The people not being paid attention to.

I'd very surprised if we get through this whole show without him having taken it.

That’s just raw information.

Those refugees from Syrian are still in camps. Still dying.

People just moved on. That’s how people consume information when you have vast information at your fingertips. Those things that have emotional resonance are what you dig into.

That’s what the Flagsmashers are partly taking about. The people not being paid attention to.
I think many wires are being crossed.

We were OT talking about WV. I wasn't saying anything about the Flagasmashers or F&WS.

Sebastian posted this to his instagram, little behind the scenes look at the airplane jump :funny::funny::funny::funny: (as I said in another thread, I need the gag reel for this show.... it's gotta be a gold mine with these two, and apparently Brühl too, with their comradery and improvising)

im all in on sam's journey and cant wait for him to visit isiah by himself. i can picture this leading up to sam taking the mantle, isiah watching it and crying (kind of like when obama became pres), his grandson looking inspired and the US acknowledging isiah and ending with him getting a display next to steve's in the museum. (at least im hoping there would be an uplifting ending like that)

so what do i win?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"