Falcon and Winter Soldier Erin Kellyman is Karli Morganthau, head Flag-Smasher

I literally fast forward through her scenes unless Sam is in them.

I dunno why, but I get the feeling that Karli’s right hand man Dovich will turn on her. The looks he’s given her, questioning her for blowing up the GRC building with people still inside, and then the look of disgust to see Karli now working with Batroc in the most recent episode. Guy is not happy to see how things have been turning out

the rumor is they had to re-work and re-shoot alot b/c the original storyline involved a virus released by some group and them stealing vaccines to stop it.
That doesn't fit with Walker's story though unless he took a different "vaccine".

She's a lot like Tyler Hayward in WandaVision for me, not someone I want to see again if she survives. On the other hand, John Walker is like Agatha Harkness, someone I hope we see again.

the rumor is they had to re-work and re-shoot alot b/c the original storyline involved a virus released by some group and them stealing vaccines to stop it.

What's the source of this so-called rumor?

She's a lot like Tyler Hayward in WandaVision for me, not someone I want to see again if she survives. On the other hand, John Walker is like Agatha Harkness, someone I hope we see again.
Definitely agreed on all of that. :up:

The Flagsmasher in the comics made sense, this revamped version is just a overwhelming brat who sense of purpose is that of terrorist . I feel no symptomatic feelings for her.

I really like her performance and character. The motivations definitely make sense to me. They just haven't succeeded in making the Flagsmashers actually feel like a compelling central plotline. They feel much more like secondary figures. I'd thought the Power Broker would be the Big Bad, but apparently not.

Unless something changes in the last episode, this show has a slew of more-or-less antagonists like Zemo, Walker, Karli and The Flagsmashers, etc., but it doesn't really have a "Big Bad", unless there's finally some big reveal in the finale re: The Power Broker.

I still think it's good enough as is, but it is a little bit of a weird structure that there's not really one main real full-blown "villain".

They’re not super compelling but in typical Marvel form it doesn’t really dampen my enjoyment. On paper their ideology and motivation sounds interesting enough but in execution it’s just muddled bad guy behavior.

I also heard the rumor about the vaccine/pandemic reshoots. No idea if it’s true but several months ago I read that the original edit featured a virus used as a biological weapon.

Unless something changes in the last episode, this show has a slew of more-or-less antagonists like Zemo, Walker, Karli and The Flagsmashers, etc., but it doesn't really have a "Big Bad", unless there's finally some big reveal in the finale re: The Power Broker.

I still think it's good enough as is, but it is a little bit of a weird structure that there's not really one main real full-blown "villain".
I think Karli would have been considered the main villain if she had been executed at all well but most people will want to forget all about her asap and I’m not surprised she is being discounted in importance and compared to others who are clearly playing a different part.

Of all the things in this show, Karli and the Flagsmashers have been the weakest storyline and characters. They don't feel like much of a threat and their motives are so muddled. I think another big part of what's not working is we've not really seen much of the GRC and why they should be fought so hard against by the Flagsmashers.

I've loved the FlagSmashers so far but maybe I'm crazy?

The snap happened and people from all across the world came together and helped each other, that help being life saving for some people, they got comfortable in their new lives.

Then the snapped happened again and people came back and instead of helping the unaffected and keeping borders open they decided to throw the last 5 years out and tell everyone to go back to living in poverty, filth ect.

The problem Is that for people who didn't get snapped they lost a new life that they grew into and are now being forced back to the places they escaped. Forcefully and without the help the Governments promised.

I'd be upset too.

I've loved the FlagSmashers so far but maybe I'm crazy?

The snap happened and people from all across the world came together and helped each other, that help being life saving for some people, they got comfortable in their new lives.

Then the snapped happened again and people came back and instead of helping the unaffected and keeping borders open they decided to throw the last 5 years out and tell everyone to go back to living in poverty, filth ect.

The problem Is that for people who didn't get snapped they lost a new life that they grew into and are now being forced back to the places they escaped. Forcefully and without the help the Governments promised.

I'd be upset too.
This makes Karli all the worse. It’s such a great set up and then we have a villain who is less memorable (and way more bland) than the early MCU villains. This is a Magneto level background absolutely wasted with such a sleep-inducing execution.

Yeah, I think she will survive too. Erin is so young; you’d have to think that Marvel probably cast her because she could play the role for a long time. I think if this was a one-off, they might have cast an older actor in the role. Maybe not, but the character could have easily been retooled a bit to suit an older actress. Of course, maybe Erin just wowed them. But given that Marvel tends to plant seeds for the future, I think casting a young, up-and-comer like her could mean they’ll use her again down the line.

Please don't! She's so boring. I have no desire to see her showing up ever again in the MCU.

And how did Erin wow them? Were they so deprived of seeing any actors after COVID that anyone would've looked good?

Please don't! She's so boring. I have no desire to see her showing up ever again in the MCU.

And how did Erin wow them? Were they so deprived of seeing any actors after COVID that anyone would've looked good?

Don’t worry, she’ll wear a Space Ghost costume in future appearances

I really like her performance and character. The motivations definitely make sense to me. They just haven't succeeded in making the Flagsmashers actually feel like a compelling central plotline. They feel much more like secondary figures. I'd thought the Power Broker would be the Big Bad, but apparently not.
The idea she represents is solid but the execution I've been underwhelmed by. In the grand scheme of things Karli will define the word forgettable in the MCU but perhaps that's the point; just one of many victims corrupted by the actions of Thanos and the ensuing fallout.

The idea she represents is solid but the execution I've been underwhelmed by. In the grand scheme of things Karli will define the word forgettable in the MCU but perhaps that's the point; just one of many victims corrupted by the actions of Thanos and the ensuing fallout.
I definitely agree on that. And who knows if we'll ever really know how much of that was because Disney decided "we can't include a virus in this show, hurry up and half-*** some rewrites." As if the number one movie on streaming the first couple months of quarantine wasn't "Contagion."

Kellyman is a great actress. She showed how charismatic she can be in "Solo." Given her role here and in 'Andor,' it seems like they're banking on making her a star, so I hope there's much better content (and a Space Ghost costume) to come.

I definitely agree on that. And who knows if we'll ever really know how much of that was because Disney decided "we can't include a virus in this show, hurry up and half-*** some rewrites." As if the number one movie on streaming the first couple months of quarantine wasn't "Contagion."

Kellyman is a great actress. She showed how charismatic she can be in "Solo." Given her role here and in 'Andor,' it seems like they're banking on making her a star, so I hope there's much better content (and a Space Ghost costume) to come.

Didn’t realize she was in Andor, though that makes sense. She’s also in that new Willow series coming out so Disney clearly likes her.

I assume she's playing the same character in Andor as she did in Solo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"