• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Eternal Darkness sequels an absolute yes

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Monday 10-Jul-2006 11:47 AM Silicon Knights confirms intention to follow-up its early GameCube survival horror classic - at some point

Back at the beginning of the GameCube's lifecycle, one of the most exciting games to hit the diminutive console was Silicon Knights' survival horror classic Eternal Darkness. Thanks to the developer's second-party status within Nintendo, many 'Cube fans saw the title as the beginning of a grittier, more adult focus for the console manufacturer, still battling with its supposed 'kiddy' image.

However, despite its game achieving something of a cult status, Silicon Knights eventually broke away from the Nintendo fold and hopes of a follow-up to the game were seemingly dashed. Now however, Silicon Knights' Denis Dyack has confirmed that the developer does indeed plan to revisit the Eternal Darkness universe in sequels.

Writing in his blog, Dyack commented, "I am most often asked if we have sequels in mind for Eternal Darkness. The answer is absolutely yes. Although this may not be obvious to those outside of Silicon Knights, anyone inside the guild understands that there is really no other answer."

Explaining Silicon Knights' development process, Dyack revealed, "When creating an original game we start by conceptualizing an entire universe. Once the universe is conceptualized we then tell a story within that world." Furthermore, "Although [the story in the original game was] just one story we had in mind for the Eternal Darkness universe, there are even more manipulations, great ancients, and numerous other stories to tell..."

While its news that's sure to excite fans of Eternal Darkness, it seems unlikely we'll be seeing the proposed sequels any time soon. With Silicon Knights still wading through its Xbox 360 Too Human trilogy, we'd wager that the developer's going to have its hands full for a good while yet.

OH HELLS YES!!!!!!!!! :eek: :up: :up: :up: :up:

F**K TOO HUMAN! GET ON THE ED SEQUEL NOW :mad:

I remember an announcement being made on a movie, but I don't know whatever happened to it :(

Horrorfan said:
I remember an announcement being made on a movie, but I don't know whatever happened to it :(

Considering the quality of most video game adaptations maybe that's just as good :)

that's... that's incredible!

a next-gen eternal darkness game? funk yeah!

Dxivd said:
Took them long enough

I THINK YOU MISSPELLED YOUR NAME.........ASSUMING THAT'S 'DAVID', SPELLED WITH AN 'X'. :o

THWIP* said:
I THINK YOU MISSPELLED YOUR NAME.........ASSUMING THAT'S 'DAVID', SPELLED WITH AN 'X'. :o

Did you even read the pm I sent you :o I explained it

Dxivd said:
Did you even read the pm I sent you :o I explained it

YEAH........BUT YOU STILL MISSPELLED IT. IT SHOULD BE 'DXVID'. :confused: :o

I hope Too Human flops now so they can forget the sequels and start on this :up:

Not as awesome as the colorful misadventures of the Rovias family.

Hey I got eternal mode. Which is any level with infinite ammo and all weapons. Which you only get after beating it 3 times. The game is also easier to beat if you have the eternal sword (which has a permaenet encahntment that is strong against Pious's god).

WhatsHisFace said:
Too Human is awesome.

From what I have heard from the hands on tests, it's a bit of a mess and a disapointment considering the promises and long development time.

You'd have to be crazy to want that more than an ED sequel.

My friend had a cool idea that with ED on the wii, you can use the wii mote to inscribe runes :up:

LOl seems no one wants too human any more...scrap it, and just bring us ED2. who's with me? :up: :up: :up:

I am. Just wondering which console is gonna get it.

Two words...

****ing. Awesome. :D :up:

As for Too Human, I'm still looking forward to it. But I really want to see an ED sequel ASAP.

jaydawg said:
I am. Just wondering which console is gonna get it.
Hopefully it'll be a multi-platform game.

Mr. Credible said:
Too Human looked like sheep ass at E3...
Too Human was also fundamentally recoded a few weeks before then to complement an upcoming UE3 enhancement Epic hadn't yet sent out.

They're making the game for Christmas, not E3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"