• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Fable 2 info

Fable II hasn't even been out two months, but already the adventures in Albion are expanding. Today, Microsoft announced the first downloadable content for Fable II, the Knothole Island Pack, is being made available on December 12 for 800 Microsoft Points.

Those who take the journey to Knothole Island will find that the former paradise is dying. The once sunny destination has gone freezing and the beautiful fields are covered in snow. To save Knothole Island, you'll need to brave the trails of the three shrines. New quests, new characters, and new items await.

Microsoft is also offering a free co-op pack. This pack allows those who didn't buy the premium Knothole Island pack to play co-op on the island with a friend. However, they won't be able to enjoy any of the quests on the island -- they just get to enjoy a little freezer burn. To play co-op missions on Knothole Island, both players must own the premium content pack.

Those who download either the premium or free pack on December 12 earn some bonus goodies. These include the Knight's Boots, Assassin's Gloves, a weight loss potion and collectible silver book.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/933/933072p1.html

Sweet. Now I just have to wait forever until it's free.

Sold. Loved Fable II and im all about extending the experience.

Guys, would you say the combat is super easy?
I've been reading about that, and it's kind of what's preventing me from getting the game.
I mean, I don't want Ninja Gaiden 2, but I'd like the combat to be at least a bit technical, with some blocking and parrying and stuff like that.

블라스;16016821 said:
Guys, would you say the combat is super easy?
I've been reading about that, and it's kind of what's preventing me from getting the game.
I mean, I don't want Ninja Gaiden 2, but I'd like the combat to be at least a bit technical, with some blocking and parrying and stuff like that.

Oh yea, theres blocking, and the parrying system, imo, is quite difficult. Its timing based, you have to press the LS towards the enemy while tapping X as soon as the enemy strikes, time it right and youll get a pretty cool finish move. Overall id say the combat is on the easy side, but its fun, with alot of cool looking maneuvers.

Not to mention the almost seamless switch between melee, magic, and firearms. Nab some headshots while you're far away, daze 'em with some magic as they start coming at you, then take them all out with some slice and dice mixed with some bullet blasting.

Last edited:
Not to mention the almost seamless switch between melee, magic, and firearms. Nab some headshots while you're far away, daze 'em with some magic as they start coming at you, then take them all out with some slice and dice mixed with some bullet blasting.

Yea. I love shooting out their weapons right before they get to me.

Question before I begin the game...which side is better....good or evil? Does it make MUCH of a difference, story wise or is it just appearance?

Is it like in Black and White or much more different?

Question before I begin the game...which side is better....good or evil? Does it make MUCH of a difference, story wise or is it just appearance?

Is it like in Black and White or much more different?

There is not much difference at all. The main story is exactly the same. Some side stuff will be different, ie you do stuff for the Temple of Shadows vs. the Temple of Light, Kidnap people into slavery vs. freeing them. That sort of thing.

Also, when being evil you can jack the prices up on rent and such to get more money quickly, while building your corruptness. Corrupt vs. Pure is the meter that effects you and your dog's appearance.

Anyone else having trouble completing the "Rescue" sub-mission? I found my kid in the hobbe cave but she won't follow me out. :csad:

I did it without any problems.

That DLC sounds cool. Surprised they have "Knight's Boots," though. I thought Fable 2 was supposed to be all Renaissance-y and not have any armor or knights or anything.

Okay, I completed the mission - if you quick-travel to the hobbe cave it glitches, gotta follow the yellow trail to get here.

Yeah, I followed the trail both ways. Or at least until I got out of the Hobbe Cave with little Monkeyface.

Yes, that's my daughter's name. :o

Ha nice name, and I also followed the trail both ways.

I never played Fable I, and after picking up GTA4 and GOW1 I don't think I'll have much time. But from reading the reviews it seems like it's a great RPG where you can make choices that affect your alignment, and do interesting stuff that you don't get in other RPGs like sleeping with women, having kids, and owning real estate. I'll probably get it off Ebay used because by the time I'm done with the games I have, Fable III will be out lol.

Fable was pretty good if you went in without knowing anything about it. That's how I ended up playing it and I loved it. People who followed the development and knew what Molyneux promised vs. what actually ended up in the game were pretty pissed at it, though.

When during the production of Fable 2, did we find out that the cool dynamic combat was gone? I remember early on there was video of your character jumping on tables and using chandeliers and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"