• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fallout: New Vegas (PC, PS3, 360)

If you do some missions at McCarran the General will give you a key to an NCR bunker. You can find Ranger armor (along with other goodies, including the power helmet from the teaser trailer) in there.

I think, I haven't played in a while lol.

edit:

here we go, it's not a bunker but a safehouse hahah.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/NCR_Ranger_Safehouse

If you wanna kill NCR folk go at it though. :p
Yeah, but it's way more satisfying to **** those guys up. I made a pile of NCR vets at Camp Golf about 20 bodies high. It was great.

So, I was playing last night and I got to Camp McCarran...and I was suprised at the story I ran into. Spoilers ahead...

I mean, surprised that the story element was present and how it was handled. The female NCR Ranger Corporal Betsy stationed at Camp McCarran, and kicking off the "I Don't Hurt Anyomore" quest. Her having been raped by Cook-Cook was just a really serious moment that snuck up on me.

And seeing how her superior doesn't really know how to handle it, and how her partner feels guilty for having been knocked out when it happened.

And for the first time in both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, I've actually found myself wanting to kill this dude, Cook-Cook. I've always got this Mad Max approach to just being indifferent to most of the people I run into in the Wasteland. Except with Cook-Cook. I don't know if there's a quest to find him and kill him, but I'll probably hunt him down and do that even if there isn't a quest for that.

There's a quest for it, with a few different ways to complete it, too. Cook-Cook is definitely one of the more bastardly characters in New Vegas, as brief as he is.

Yeah, I looked him up on the Fallout wiki just now. I cannot wait to dish out his punishment.

There are some really great stories in New Vegas. So far, the quest to quest writing has been great. Better than 3, thus far.

I got the Ranger armor, finally, lol.

Is that the armor with the brown trench coat? If so where do I find it at?

Also can someone tell me how they chose to deal with Benny. Also when given the chance at the fort [BLACKOUT]did you kill Ceasar?[/BLACKOUT]
I know of the few outcomes for each, Ijust want to hear some opinions.

Same goes with your choices of dealing with freedom of the New Vegas strip, and Mr. House. As of right now I am on good terms with the NCR, but feel like Vegas should have its freedom.

I actually went with the NCR until it was about time to attack the dam. Then I stabbed them in the back. :o

And yeah, the trench coat armor can be found here (along with the helmet the guy is wearing on the cover):

I've only see it once outside of there in the Wasteland and there are a bunch during the assault on Hoover Dam, and what good is that when the game is over. :o

So, I was playing last night and I got to Camp McCarran...and I was suprised at the story I ran into. Spoilers ahead...

I mean, surprised that the story element was present and how it was handled. The female NCR Ranger Corporal Betsy stationed at Camp McCarran, and kicking off the "I Don't Hurt Anyomore" quest. Her having been raped by Cook-Cook was just a really serious moment that snuck up on me.

And seeing how her superior doesn't really know how to handle it, and how her partner feels guilty for having been knocked out when it happened.

And for the first time in both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, I've actually found myself wanting to kill this dude, Cook-Cook. I've always got this Mad Max approach to just being indifferent to most of the people I run into in the Wasteland. Except with Cook-Cook. I don't know if there's a quest to find him and kill him, but I'll probably hunt him down and do that even if there isn't a quest for that.

hahah when I found his camp I told Boone and Ed-E to get lost, sniped all his buddies then used the Archimedes II on his ass.

I actually went with the NCR until it was about time to attack the dam. Then I stabbed them in the back. :o

And yeah, the trench coat armor can be found here (along with the helmet the guy is wearing on the cover):

I've only see it once outside of there in the Wasteland and there are a bunch during the assault on Hoover Dam, and what good is that when the game is over. :o

That NCR officer at the Base gave me the key to that place. I went inside and found nothing to loot.:csad:

There's a quest for it, with a few different ways to complete it, too. Cook-Cook is definitely one of the more bastardly characters in New Vegas, as brief as he is.

Cook-Cook met me and a 44mag hollow point...a few of them.

ah I googled it, when did you try? Apparently after 1 of the patches loot was put into the safehouses. Either ways, good luck finding a ranger. :cool:

There are some really great stories in New Vegas. So far, the quest to quest writing has been great. Better than 3, thus far.

I like New Vegas, but I have to disagree with you there. I found FO3's quests and storytelling to be much better and more engaging.

As for Cook-Cook, I'm pretty sure I blew his head off the first time, but the second time I think I poisoned his cow first so he went ape**** and started torching his own guys.

Then I used Punchy to make his face explode.

how did you get close enough to poison his cow? Anytime i get within distance and he sees me they all attack me.

Just have a high sneak rating. You can also sneak at night to decrease your chance of being caught, but I'm pretty sure I did it during the day. I'm pretty sure you can also just snipe the cow from a distance and it still gives the same result: he frenzies and attacks his comrades.

All this New Vegas talk reminds me I need to start another playthru soon.

Really bummed that I'll never get to complete that quest. I got to kill cook cook, but betsy and her group moved to camp forlorn hope before I could finish it, which glitches them and makes it so that you can't initiate dialogue with anyone in that group. It especially sucks that that same glitch is keeping me from finishing Raul's quest, and keeps me from getting his awesome upgraded maintenance perk.

Dug Honest Hearts, I won't spoil it but it contains maybe the best written side story (though it has ties to the main story) in any RPG/adventure game, ever. The new weapons are pretty badass too. Never been a pistol user, but the burned man makes those .45s look so damn cool I'm hooked on them.

*spoiler*

If/when you get Graham's .45, it's damage per second is freaking insane. Ditto for the new rifle.

Ack, double post, first time making a post with my phone.

Last edited:
Finally got back into playing New Vegas after the glitches and LA Noire pulled me away last month. I've been enjoying it a lot, so I decided to go ahead and buy the two DLC packs available. Well, I'm a quest or two into Dead Money right now and I have to say, I kind of hate it. You lose all your s*** so ammo is once again a problem, the giant sack-men don't die, the f***ing air kills you, and I can't explore freely because I keep running into radios that will make my head explode. I'm level 32 and I find myself sneaking everywhere like a *****. The overwhelming emphasis on stealth is really annoying, given that I have never once been interested in stealth throughout the entire rest of New Vegas at all. But, of course, I could get by quite easily because the game never forced me to rely on stealth before. As I mentioned, I'm level 32 and my sneak skill is still down in the 20s somewhere. I really hate when games that present themselves as open-world, play-however games try to limit you to just one play style. :o

Finally got back into playing New Vegas after the glitches and LA Noire pulled me away last month. I've been enjoying it a lot, so I decided to go ahead and buy the two DLC packs available. Well, I'm a quest or two into Dead Money right now and I have to say, I kind of hate it. You lose all your s*** so ammo is once again a problem, the giant sack-men don't die, the f***ing air kills you, and I can't explore freely because I keep running into radios that will make my head explode. I'm level 32 and I find myself sneaking everywhere like a *****. The overwhelming emphasis on stealth is really annoying, given that I have never once been interested in stealth throughout the entire rest of New Vegas at all. But, of course, I could get by quite easily because the game never forced me to rely on stealth before. As I mentioned, I'm level 32 and my sneak skill is still down in the 20s somewhere. I really hate when games that present themselves as open-world, play-however games try to limit you to just one play style. :o

Neither DLC is very good in my opinion. Dead Money forces stealth on you with an incredible difficulty curve and Honest Hearts is insanely short with a poor environment design. (It took me 15 mintues to get back up a cliff because the only way to get up is by hiking it down the river till you find the 1st available dock :cmad:) Old World Blues looks more promising...*fingers crossed*

Fallout 3 DLC was great...well, maybe not Mothership Zeta as much...

Anchorage was eh as well.

For me the F3 DLCs were Point Lookout>The Pitt>Broken Steel>Anchorage>Zeta

I bought Op Anchorage because you got that awesome ninja suit but yea I agree that PL was tops

Anchorage was eh as well.

For me the F3 DLCs were Point Lookout>The Pitt>Broken Steel>Anchorage>Zeta

I would rank them exactly the same, except I never played Mothership Zeta so I don't know where that would go.

Strange though that you would rank The Pitt so high. Most people didn't seem to like it very much.

lol I ran through it knife spearing everything to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"