Fallout: New Vegas (PC, PS3, 360)

I would rank them exactly the same, except I never played Mothership Zeta so I don't know where that would go.

Strange though that you would rank The Pitt so high. Most people didn't seem to like it very much.

It has more of a "gray area" than other missions you do in the Capital wasteland.
Do love having the perforator rifle.

Broken Steel and Point Lookout were still my favorites.

I never actually played the F3 DLC. I gotta get the Game of the Year edition sometime.

Anyone else have trouble beginning the "Talent pool" quest because of being unable to talk with Tommy Torini? I go to the Aces club but he's up on the stage so I can't talk with him. I leave, come back later, still on the stage. Not performing either, just standing there. Been there multiple times but he doesn't move.

Playing this all over. Need to buy the dlc and finish up a few achievements I haven't done yet. Finally was able to get the alien cannon blaster. That thing is awesome.

I thought Mothership Zeta was alright, but one of the weaker ones for sure. Not as weak as Operation Anchorage, though. The Pitt, Broken Steel, and Point Lookout make up for it tenfold. The DLC for F3 is some of the best DLC I've ever played, IMO.

Anchorage had the best loot though lol, chinese stealth armor was amazing since I always play a stealthy character.

Yeah, the loot was awesome. I used the T51-B power armor for pretty much the entire game afterwards with my heavy character, and the Chinese Stealth Armor has no equal. If it weren't for the loot, though, it would've been a pretty bad DLC item. The story was pretty lame, and it was more action-oriented than RPG.

I thought Mothership Zeta was alright, but one of the weaker ones for sure. Not as weak as Operation Anchorage, though. The Pitt, Broken Steel, and Point Lookout make up for it tenfold. The DLC for F3 is some of the best DLC I've ever played, IMO.

The Pitt, Broken Steel and Point Lookout were all fantastic. Point Lookout excelled at being insanely creepy...

I actually think The Pitt was probably the best DLC in terms of stand-alone story. I liked Point Lookout a lot, but I wasn't as immersed in the world as I was with The Pitt. I remember at the end of The Pitt when you have to make "that choice" I was really torn; like, truly had trouble making a choice. It wasn't a black-and-white decision, it was a moral grey area, and that was brilliant IMO.

Point Lookout had some great environments and it comes a close second for stand-alone DLCs but it just didn't have as engaging of a story as The Pitt IMO.

Oh yeah, the Pitt was better by far... but something about creepy, run down, Maryland didn't set well with me. Probably because it actually felt like going through down town Baltimore today. :p

Anyway... I didn't buy ANY of the DLC for New Vegas but I actually hear the newest DLC (Old World Blues) is REALLY good and the best of the bunch. I may have to check it out.

Yeah it's pretty rad, the cyberdog machine gun is awesome lol.

Old world blues is interesting but the enemy spawning is crazy. It plays like a B-movie... or like an episode of Futurama.

I'm kind of... sort of tempted to make a NCR Ranger costume. Doesn't seem like it would be to difficult...

This might be a dumb question but is there any way to get the outfit of the dude from the cover of the game?

yeah, at the Dam there are a bunch of NCR wearing it but you can find the armor and helmet earlier in the NCR Ranger Safehouse.

Oh sweet, thanks dude. Also, do you know of any spot where i can get some good weapons? I only have like 3000 caps and i keep getting my ass kicked out in the wasteland, i need some weapons.

Oh sweet, thanks dude. Also, do you know of any spot where i can get some good weapons? I only have like 3000 caps and i keep getting my ass kicked out in the wasteland, i need some weapons.

No problem. :up: I think the best gun you can get early on is Ratslayer. It's near the Legion Raid camp, I think the location is on that page. If you rush to kill Benny though Maria is a pretty rad pistol.

Other than that I usually start the game out sneaking around tossing dynamite at people until I get around to picking up the All-American from Vault 34 hahah but I play on very easy so... :o

Yea I'm playing on very easy as well. I got tired of shooting ppl in the face only to see them barely flinch, Altho it's not much better in very easy, which is why I say I need some better weapons

They're all great, if you sk me, lol.

F3 definitely had some of the best DLC I've seen along with Elder Scrolls IV and Red Dead Redemption.

Yea I'm playing on very easy as well. I got tired of shooting ppl in the face only to see them barely flinch, Altho it's not much better in very easy, which is why I say I need some better weapons

I tend to play on Normal... but "very easy" seems more realistic, IMHO. If a dude gets shot in the head with a hunting riffle his head should be more than just bloody crippled...

Yeah, this game is (IMO) a lot tougher than FO3 in the early levels, mostly because the scaling is different IIRC. In FO3, big bad enemies like Deathclaws, etc. didn't spawn until you were higher level. In NV, they spawn right away...and if you get in their way, too bad for you. Same goes for enemies like Giant Radscorpions, which are literally like 50 steps away from the first area of the game.

Once you level up a bit they aren't as tough to beat, but they're still tougher than FO3 because of the weird armor system they put into this game.

I'm still waiting on all the DLC to be released before I start my final playthrough.

The last one is called "The Long Road" right? I highly doubt, but I surely wish they would extend the game beyond the ending ala Fallout 3.

Yeah, this game is (IMO) a lot tougher than FO3 in the early levels, mostly because the scaling is different IIRC. In FO3, big bad enemies like Deathclaws, etc. didn't spawn until you were higher level. In NV, they spawn right away...and if you get in their way, too bad for you. Same goes for enemies like Giant Radscorpions, which are literally like 50 steps away from the first area of the game.

Once you level up a bit they aren't as tough to beat, but they're still tougher than FO3 because of the weird armor system they put into this game.

I'm still waiting on all the DLC to be released before I start my final playthrough.

For reals. When I started my game I attempted to travel straight up north from the first town but could not get past the cazadors and giant radscorpions in the area. I ended up going down to Primm and making my way around to the Strip.

The lack of poison dart gun made a lot of these types of enemies a lot tougher to beat too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"