Fast Five Aka The Fast and The Furious 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol no offense, but it should be the other way around. You draggin your girl to see this.

no my friend :cwink: this is not a franchise i ever loved and its huge with women, my gf in particular loves the first one. And ever since Vin came back and the other characters after that last one she loves the series even more. I never much cared for the franchise but I admit the new direction it has taken has intrigued the old kid in me who grew up on classic 80's and 90's shoot 'em ups. This one looks awesome. And I never thought I could say that about a Fast and Furious movie, but Justin Lin really understands the type of action movies hollywood used to produce that paved the way to make this one possible. these days we have plenty of other fantasy, sfx heavy superhero movies to choose from, but Lin just wants to make a good old fashioned action movie with fast cars, guns and explosions! And i can respect that :D
So while my friends might give me s*** about it...i can pretend i don't want to see it or play it off like "ok I guess I'll go" to my gf, and win points in the end after I tell her I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
I watched the first FF movie and I got through half of Tokyo Drift.

Tomorrow I plan on finishing Tokyo Drift and the fourth movie. I'll probably skip the second movie...

I watched the first FF movie and I got through half of Tokyo Drift.

Tomorrow I plan on finishing Tokyo Drift and the fourth movie. I'll probably skip the second movie...

The 2nd one was much better than Tokyo Drift and better than the 4th by a little

I used to think that, but now Tokyo Drift is my favorite. I just love drift racing.

Believe the hype guys. fast Five was AWESOME!!!!!

Tokyo Drift is the best one, IMO. Maybe Fast Five but I haven't seen it yet.

Just rewatched the series, my rankings in ( );

The Fast & The Furious (1) ->
2 Fast & 2 Furious (5) ->
Los Bandoleros (3) ->
Fast & Furious (2)

Fast Five
Tokyo Drift (4) [waiting till after Fast Five to re-watch TD]​

God, I love these films. So fun and awesome. The more it think about it, Michelle needs more material like Los Bandoleros. She was real and an actual rewarding character. I hate how most writers write her (TF&TF, LOST, Avatar), but Vin wrote her amazingly.

So pumped for tomorrow night. I'm starting to think Fast Five will be challenging the greatness of the original and Fast & Furious. Also, I noticed with them ordered right in my external, Fast Five is actually the "fifth" film if you count Los Bandoleros separately.

Last edited:
Going to the Midnight show in Downtown Chicago........Am Excited!!!

But I still wanna see some footage!

Ok guys don't know if this has been said yet but if your going tonight to see it or at all this weekend...stay after the credits :awesome:

And my rankings on the series:

1.The Fast and The Furious
2.Tokyo Drift
3.Los Bandoleros
4.Fast and Furious
5.2 Fast 2 Furious( and I really dislike this one)

Finally has it's Certified Fresh seal.

81% - Certified Fresh
Average Rating: 6.4/10
Reviews Counted: 68
Fresh: 55 | Rotten: 13

Holy crap! :wow:

Ebert, Roper, and Travers loved it. Top Critics are at 100% with 14 reviews.

Whoa, damn. This is just so surprising.

With such positive reviews, I'll probably hate it. Critics tend to have the exact opposite opinion I do :(

So if the first four have less than stellar critical reception and I still loved them, then judging from the praise this film is getting, I am anticipating to be blown away in LOVE with this film.

:up:

Splendid! I will ask for a spoiler though. What kinda car(s) does Walker drive in this one? Unique to him, not the Chargers.

Splendid! I will ask for a spoiler though. What kinda car(s) does Walker drive in this one? Unique to him, not the Chargers.
At the start of the movie he's driving a black 1972 Skyline
3.jpg
:word::hrt:

Last edited:
Glad to hear the good reviews. People who can't believe the good reviews have no perspective. Maybe they think this movie should be compared to The Godfather, but a good reviewer knows the target audience and reviews it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"