Rogue One Felicity Jones is Jyn Erso in Rogue One

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
dhaOZwh.jpg

[YT]eLZokPMu62Y[/YT]

[YT]f1IxRaLuuK0[/YT]

Last edited:
Amazing actress. Can't wait to see her in this film.

rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-014-480w.jpg

Felicity...
dimIHFr.jpg

Felicity Jones Costume detail - http://**************.net/2016/01/a-look-at-the-costumes-of-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/

CZpzgYZW0AA1A3D.jpg:large

+ Diego Luna & Donie Yen

http://i0.wp.com/**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/image-130.jpeg?w=768

She is ROGUE ONE.

1242re.gif

Last edited:
Having read the theory that her character is the future Mrs. Luke/Mother of Rey, I'll now be very disappointed if that's not true, because it would be next-level franchise planning for these movies if it was.

Franchise planning is not a good enough reason for a character to be related to another character.

Franchise planning is not a good enough reason for a character to be related to another character.
Er, who said it was? I said it would be impressive for Disney to be coordinating between seemingly unrelated films like that. The main reason I think it would be a cool idea is that it would make Rey's mother more than the unseen backstory character she'd otherwise be most likely to be.

She more Han Solo-esque that I thought, not that I'm complaining about that.

I thought the anthology films were separate outside of the Skywalker saga so in other words felicity Jones's character doesn't necessarily mean that she has to be related to anyone from the sw saga. The galaxy is supposed to be huge. Not small...more characters to fill up those empty spaces we haven't met before is better than believing that certain characters from other sw films are related to what we've come to know from the other six films.

Yeah this all takes place right before Luke joins the Rebels.

Those already fan-shiping them and worse making them Rey's parents are pretty annoying.

It's more than likely these guys don't survive.
Hence you don't see them on Yavin when Luke, Leia, Han and the plans get there.

In fact if they do survive and get to Yavin, it would kind of make the whole story and plight of the ANH trio obsolete.
That's why you don't let fanservice dictate the movies.

Last edited:
I think we have more of a chance of seeing characters from star wars : rebels cartoon in this, than we do characters from the "main story line."

Pablo Hidalgo, Lucasfilm Story Group:
"[I was searching Google for Rogue One] Rey theories. :)" (February 29, 2016) "There are crazy theories out there. Jar Jar level crazy." (February 29, 2016)
"Given that no one knows a thing about [Felicity Jones's character in Rogue One] [it] seems like a huge and desperate stretch [for her to be Rey's mother]." (March 16, 2016)
"Aren't 40% of the Rey parentage theories dependent on accents being genetic? :)" (April 2, 2016)
"[What if no one in Rogue One is related to anyone we’ve ever met in a Star Wars movie before?] You mean it 'stands alone' from the rest of the movies in that regard?" (April 7, 2016)

Last edited:
I thought the anthology films were separate outside of the Skywalker saga so in other words felicity Jones's character doesn't necessarily mean that she has to be related to anyone from the sw saga.
Nobody was saying she had to be related to anyone from the main saga.

Yeah this all takes place right before Luke joins the Rebels.
Er, yeah, right before, since it's about stealing the plans that end up with Leia.

It's more than likely these guys don't survive.
Hence you don't see them on Yavin when Luke, Leia, Han and the plans get there.
We don't see every single character on Yavin, so that really doesn't prove anything. Anyone who survived (and I'm skeptical that this ends with every single one dying) could be literally anywhere.

She also has a bot of a Snake Plissken vibe to her as well. If she were a male character, 80's Kurt Russell would probably fit this role like a glove.

We don't see every single character on Yavin, so that really doesn't prove anything.
I didn't say it does.
I'm saying placing them back on Yavin is freakin stupid!

The whole narrative purpose of A New Hope is Luke, Leia, and Han's desperate mission to get the plans to Yavin.
To have one of the rebel spies who already had the plans already back at Yavin, defeats the whole purpose of A New Hope.
It's freakin ridiculous fan-service, that would not add to, but fly in the face of the original material.

Last edited:
So did the Laura Dern theories got thrown out the window all of a sudden?

I didn't say it does.
I'm saying placing them back on Yavin is freakin stupid!

The whole narrative purpose of A New Hope is Luke, Leia, and Han's desperate mission to get the plans to Yavin.
To have one of the rebel spies who already had the plans already back at Yavin, defeats the whole purpose of A New Hope.
It's freakin ridiculous fan-service, that would not add to, but fly in the face of the original material.
We don't know anything about the circumstances of how the plans got handed off to Leia. But regardless, like I said, they don't have to be on Yavin either.

We don't know anything about the circumstances of how the plans got handed off to Leia.

That is what this movie tells and will end with.
But we know that they DID get handed to Leia, who we see secure them in R2, captured, tortured, sees her planet destroyed to protect them, and watches the presumed last great Jedi Knight killed.
All to get the plans to Yavin.
So to have one of these rebels who already had the plans, be at Yavin would make her whole mission everything she and the trio went through, the story of ANH meaningless!

But regardless, like I said, they don't have to be on Yavin either.
Which makes the whole set up of her meeting Luke more rambling fanservice.

Not everyone has to meet and be connected to the Skywalkers and Jedi legacy.

The whole point is there can be stories of those who didn't.

Last edited:
But weren't they actually trying to get the plans to Alderaan? A planet that eventually gets destroyed, thus forcing everyone to Yavin?

The only reason the Death Star even ends up there is because of the tracking device on the Millennium Falcon.

But weren't they actually trying to get the plans to Alderaan? A planet that eventually gets destroyed, thus forcing everyone to Yavin?

The only reason the Death Star even ends up there is because of the tracking device on the Millennium Falcon.

Yeah that plan ended, when Alderaan was destroyed. Hence they had to get them to to Yavin directly.

But having the Rebels spies who already had the plans back at Yavin still craps on the ANH Trio's desperate mission to get the plans there. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"