Final Fantasy XV

The talk about this needing to do 10m to break even feels like it gets less and less likely the longer this all goes on.

Given that it's multiplatform and providing that the reviews are great, 5M would be a reasonable goal for FFXV.

10M if it is GOTY though. :p

Given that it's multiplatform and providing that the reviews are great, 5M would be a reasonable goal for FFXV.

10M if it is GOTY though. :p
It needs to get to 10m though, that is the problem. They have spent a lot of money on this.

I mean, I don't want them to release a broken/buggy game that's unplayable at launch.

however, there's no such thing as a perfect game. You can keep delaying and delaying to get that perfect game at launch, but that's not realistic. And you'll lose the hype and interest in the game the more you delay it.

Pretty much every game now has to have a Day one patch. we expect that now.

so release the game on time if it's finished and playable. and release a Day one patch to work out the bugs.

I mean, I don't want them to release a broken/buggy game that's unplayable at launch.

however, there's no such thing as a perfect game. You can keep delaying and delaying to get that perfect game at launch, but that's not realistic. And you'll lose the hype and interest in the game the more you delay it.

so release the game on time if it's finished and playable. and release a Day one patch to work out the bugs.
They want to have their cake and eat it too here. They are talking about the game being done, while saying they want to get rid of a day one patch for those without internet. What?

What I royally hate about this generation and the last. :cmad:

It needs to get to 10m though, that is the problem. They have spent a lot of money on this.

Maybe the ticket sales from Kingsglaive can compansate on that?

Though I kind of doubt that it'll make a lot globally, maybe in Japan.

They want to have their cake and eat it too here. They are talking about the game being done, while saying they want to get rid of a day one patch for those without internet. What?

yeah. if people don't have internet, how are they going to download your Season Pass DLC?? lol.

What I royally hate about this generation and the last. :cmad:

it is annoying. but it is what it is.

at least on the PS4, the updates install fairly quickly, at least for me they do. A major patch/update usually takes around a few hours.

unlike the cough......X1.......cough. :oldrazz:

yeah. if people don't have internet, how are they going to download your Season Pass DLC?? lol.

it is annoying. but it is what it is.

at least on the PS4, the updates install fairly quickly, at least for me they do.

unlike the cough......X1.......cough. :oldrazz:

One thing that sucks is when the PS4 automatically starts a 2GB download update for a game i havent owned in months.

Stop udating the Withcer 3 PS4! :argh: :o

Seriously. I wish you could blacklist games from getting autoupdates.

jokesonm3 said:
I wonder how the mainstream gaming audience are hyped for this game? I remeber this, MGSIV and DMC4 being the sort of bg 3 for the PS3 back in 06.

Anecdotally I've seen a lot of excitement for FF15 from places I wouldn't normally expect. I think the whole roadtrip bromance vibe really appeals to people.

One thing that sucks is when the PS4 automatically starts a 2GB download update for a game i havent owned in months.

Stop udating the Withcer 3 PS4! :argh: :o

I actually like that the PS4 goes and updates the games I have installed, even the ones I haven't used in awhile.

when I sell/trade in a game, I uninstall the game ( but keep the saves ).

when the game is uninstalled, the PS4 doesn't update it.

Wait you can do that?! I thought the save files built in to the game?

Bloody hell i did not know that. :funny:
Aren't they in two different sections of the menus? They make it pretty obvious.

Anecdotally I've seen a lot of excitement for FF15 from places I wouldn't normally expect. I think the whole roadtrip bromance vibe really appeals to people.

I'm excited about a lot of aspects of FFXV, but that... thats a wierd one lol.

Aren't they in two different sections of the menus? They make it pretty obvious.

When i delete the game from the PS4 due to me not owning it anymore i just assumed that it included the save files as well.

yeah, the game install and the game saves are stored in separate places. When you go to System Settings, there's Stored Application Data ( games and apps ) and Stored Application Saved Data or something.

so, you can uninstall a game you don't own to make room, but keep the saves in case you ever get the game again in the future.

that's what I do.....lol.

the downside is that when you uninstall the game, you delete the game, any patches/updates, and DLC content.

so, you'll have to reinstall all those again if you get the game again.

I'm excited about a lot of aspects of FFXV, but that... thats a wierd one lol.

actually, the whole bromance roadtrip angle doesn't really appeal to me. kind of lost a bit of interest when they went that angle.

I don't like that there are no permanent female party members. I like RPGs that have diverse party members - male and female. And I always like strong female characters. VII would have been a lot less interesting and meaningful to me if you couldn't have Tifa, Aerith, or Yuffie in your party.......lol.

but, it is what it is.

Last edited:
And in the light of all this bad news, here some good news straight from Gamescom 2016 in the form of the first couple of minutes of Kingsglaive:

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy 15 - The First 12 Minutes

[YT]vxH4OMFOa7k[/YT]

Isn't a delay better than releasing a broken game?

Isn't a delay better than releasing a broken game?
Of course. But the problem here is:

a. They had a huge event dedicated to announcing the release date.

b. They are clearly lying about the reason for delay.

c. This comes on the back of an announcement of a season pass.

d. This game has been in development for more then a decade.

Of course. But the problem here is:

a. They had a huge event dedicated to announcing the release date.

b. They are clearly lying about the reason for delay.

c. This comes on the back of an announcement of a season pass.

d. This game has been in development for more then a decade.

pretty much this. This recent delay announcement is made more embarrassing due to them having made such a big deal about the release with its own event. They overpromised and now underdelivered. Clearly, they overestimated how soon they'd be able to get the game ready.

also, I read online that at the reveal event, they actually trolled fans by first listing the date as November 30, 2016, but then rolled the clock back to September 30.

is that true?

if it is then, then that just becomes even more ironic ( and prophetic ) given this recent news........lol.

Last edited:
Im not too bothered by the delay as I really wasnt anticipating this game much. Im more interested in the FF XII Remaster which I hope does come out next year

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"