The Offical Final Fantasy Thread

Bloomberg News - ‘Final Fantasy’ Maker’s 30% Plunge May Be Just the Beginning
  • Square Enix is heavily reliant on hit series to drive sales
  • New CEO faces skepticism about company’s growth prospects

Square Enix Loses Nearly $2 Billion in Value Since Final Fantasy 16 - IGN

I think more than anything else they've just published too many releases in a short period of time, and shouldn't have expected people to have the time or money for it all.

And while FFXVI's critic reviews weren't Baldur's Gate 3 level, it is still in the top percentile, not mixed. Regardless of how I or anybody else feels about it.

Axios - Square Enix's producers are an asset, not a problem, former senior exec says

Fortunately that's the way I always pronounced it.

They needed a definitive version because of the voice acting.

I don’t think the pixel art of I through VI needs to come back but getting away from photorealistic graphics with a more cartoony art style like IX and X sure they could consider that. The series’ big current rivals still do that (Dragon Quest, Tales of, Persona, etc.)

Last edited:

92 meta for Rebirth. :cool:

Can't wait.

with the critical acclaim that FFS7Rebirth is getting, it's probably an early contender for game of the year.

from the Ps5 thread: I always believed this to be the case because I heard that the FFS7 remake series had the same deal of exclusivity that Street Fighter 5 had

Soooo anyone play/beat Rebirth yet?

Because I got loads to talk about.

I saw a complete walkthrough/game movie of the game on YouTube (Can't afford a PS5 yet).

Judging by what I saw alone, it's definitely a strong contender for "Game of the Year".

In regard to Aerith's ultimate, I'm with the bandwagon of folks that believe Cloud (accidentally) created two separate timelines by blocking Sephiroth's attack: One where Aerith survived and another one where Aerith died. There's a lot of good videos on YouTube that provides strong evidence to support that theory over the idea that Cloud had just lost it and can't emotionally cope with her death.

After over 25 years, I finally started and completed the original Final Fantasy VII. I went that long without reading a summary and having the plot spoiled for me. Obviously i knew about Aerith's death but was shocked it happened os early in the game as I assumed it would be towards the end. What Sephiroth, Red and Cat Saith were, the clone aspect, Cloud's origins and the overall plot were mysteries to me until now. No lie, I just used the god mode and 3X speed on the PS5 bc I just wanted to speed through it for the story but it still took about 20 hours. Now I can safely start the remake though I might check out some of the side content before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"