The Resident Evil Thread

And it's happening. Resident Evil 2 is in development.

[YT]ZcW6W-xVl-8[/YT]

x0Up3Fe.gif

Oh this one I definitely want!

Nah. Jill's would just be separate. That said, I never really cared for the A&B duo thing. It was cool for the time, but the "effects" from each scenario were mostly superficial and it created confusion in terms of the franchise canon. I personally think Leon should have his scenario based on Leon A (Birkin being the main boss). Claire should have her scenario based on Claire B (Mr. X being the main boss). And then Jill has scenario 3 (which is essentially Nemesis).
Claire's scenario A is the one in cannon if we look at Sherry's scenario in RE6.
In the movie Degeneration Claire has a flashback of seeing 'G' below the chief of police room (looking at the ladder behind her)

I'm not against over the shoulder camera, but I'm no where near for it. I really want them to stick to the old tradition. There's beautiful camera angles in RE2 that can't help but highlight the things that create tension and horror.

Last edited:
Man, this remake has a lot to live up to, and fans already have split opinions on how the remake should be.
I hope for one thing, and one thing only, and make that a demand:
NO QUICK TIME EVENTS.

And it's happening. Resident Evil 2 is in development.

Boy, I can't wait to see how they butcher the story like they did in the first one. *cough Lisa Trevor cough*

Boy, I can't wait to see how they butcher the story like they did in the first one. *cough Lisa Trevor cough*

The first game barely even has a story, so I don't think it's fair to say the Lisa Trevor addition really "butchered" anything. It was, though, a pretty random and pointless addition overall I will agree.

The first game barely even has a story, so I don't think it's fair to say the Lisa Trevor addition really "butchered" anything. It was, though, a pretty random and pointless addition overall I will agree.

Not pointless as such. It added a backstory as to what really created a lot of the creatures we saw in later games; Nemesis, for example. Was she needed? Not really. But she wasn't entirely pointless. Her inclusion, I thought, was quite well done. I like it best because it only enhanced the evilness of Umbrella, from that games perspective.

So you won't like this?
I don't like this. The original game didn't focus on slo-mo, fancy camera shots. In the intro cutscene Claire and Leon were shocked, scared, disoriented. They struggled to kill zombies and run away in desperation. I haven't noticed any of it in Chronicles. So I seriously hope they stay as close as possible to nature of the original game. We don't need GTA in RE2 setting.

I don't like this. The original game didn't focus on slo-mo, fancy camera shots. In the intro cutscene Claire and Leon were shocked, scared, disoriented. They struggled to kill zombies and run away in desperation. I haven't noticed any of it in Chronicles. So I seriously hope they stay as close as possible to nature of the original game. We don't need GTA in RE2 setting.
Well, it's different. Chronicles is a rail-shooter. It doesn't have time or the same effect for all the fancy acting.
And actually, I think with the dialogue, it actually captures the atmosphere of Leon and Claire being scared better than the original. Sure, they're kicking zombie ass...but what do you do after the cutscene ends in RE2? You kick zombie ass. Immediately after a scared and disorientated Leon and Claire struggle to escape from the zombies, and narrowly escape being killed in the car, they soon turn into action heroes, courtesy of us, the players.
At least the dialogue in Chronicles shows they're still confused and scared as they keep moving forward.

So, with that, I hope the remake does a better job of that than Chronicles and the original.

Last edited:
Hope this has an over the shoulder style like RE4. That control scheme and viewpoint is a lot better in my opinion.

Wouldn't mind an online Mercenaries mode. It would be cool to fight classic RE monsters with a friend.

Hope this has an over the shoulder style like RE4. That control scheme and viewpoint is a lot better in my opinion.

Wouldn't mind an online Mercenaries mode. It would be cool to fight classic RE monsters with a friend.
I don't see the need for the over the shoulder viewpoint. What are we fighting in this game? Zombies that are slow. Dogs. Lickers. Plants. Tyrants. It was necessary when the enemies in RE4 were harder and less predictable, and the game was more action oriented. But it's really not necessary if the game is straight up remake without the changes to accommodate the camera and controls.

RE2 was a masterpiece in every way, so I don't see why such changes are necessary.

If the game has a Mercenaries mode, which it probably will, then yeah. It'll probably have those changes.

I don't see the need for the over the shoulder viewpoint. What are we fighting in this game? Zombies that are slow. Dogs. Lickers. Plants. Tyrants. It was necessary when the enemies in RE4 were harder and less predictable, and the game was more action oriented. But it's really not necessary if the game is straight up remake without the changes to accommodate the camera and controls.

RE2 was a masterpiece in every way, so I don't see why such changes are necessary.

If the game has a Mercenaries mode, which it probably will, then yeah. It'll probably have those changes.

and thats the thing; you dont know if its going to be like that. I think we'll all have to wait and see what changes they do. They could very well incorporate elements from later games to help modernize it. I mean they definitely will change up the controls to some degree by the very nature of that same exact setup from the 90s being archaic now in the mid 2010s.

Maybe they should bring back the Randomizer mode from the N64 version.

and thats the thing; you dont know if its going to be like that. I think we'll all have to wait and see what changes they do. They could very well incorporate elements from later games to help modernize it. I mean they definitely will change up the controls to some degree by the very nature of that same exact setup from the 90s being archaic now in the mid 2010s.
It's just the old cameras I want to remain intact. That's my hope. I won't complain at the end of the day because it is RE2, after all.
I mean that new analogue mechanic in REmake HD, I thought it sucked. So I have to hope with that, that they'll create better controls.

It's just the old cameras I want to remain intact. That's my hope. I won't complain at the end of the day because it is RE2, after all.
I mean that new analogue mechanic in REmake HD, I thought it sucked. So I have to hope with that, that they'll create better controls.

To be fair, that was just taken the GC original and slapping a new scheme on top of it. This will be a true remake made from the ground up with new hardware so the hope is that the controls will be specifically tailored to it

I'd love for them to try an innovate it. I admit, innovation wasn't always a blessing. We still got some solid games, but they simply weren't Resident Evil games anymore. And they tried to chase the big money by making the game appealing to the CoD crowd.

If Resident Evil should take notes from anyone, I really think they should look at the Last of Us. That thing is basically a "Zombie" survival game. And the survival aspect doesn't suffer from the over the shoulder camera.

To be fair, that was just taken the GC original and slapping a new scheme on top of it. This will be a true remake made from the ground up with new hardware so the hope is that the controls will be specifically tailored to it

That's true.

If it was to be a straight up remake, with little to no changes, then there would be little point to it. The first had to be remade and spruced up. RE2, in my opinion, doesn't need that same sort of treatment. It would have to come with some changes, big and small.

Just played Resident Evil 2 - Claire A.
Decided to not shoot zombie Marvin this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"