The Resident Evil Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked RE6 more than RE5. I liked the ambition and size behind RE6, having four different, intertwining campaigns. But the game overall, was a strange, buggy, clunky mess. I feel like a year of polishing the game would have gone a long way. I would love to see RE7 have the same size and ambition, but actually be a polished game.

RE5 is my least favorite. I raged hard because of the forced co-op and how much of an annoyance Sheeva was. RE6 was miles better on that aspect and I had fun with it.
Also, the Africa setting just isn't my cup of tea.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Jumps Onto Vita On August 18. July 23, 2015 . 11:50pm

All of the Resident Evil: Revelations 2 episodes from the console release will be on Vita. Sony also included the two Extra Episodes, Little Miss and The Struggle.

[YT]foRxHJNLEgk[/YT]Sony Computer Entertainment and Frima Studios have been working together on a PlayStation Vita version of Resident Evil Revelations 2. All of the episodes from the console release will be on Vita. Sony also included the two Extra Episodes. The Struggle follows Moria when she was on the island alone and Little Miss explains more about the mysterious Natalia.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 includes Raid Mode with fifteen playable characters including bonus characters Hunk and Wesker. Raid Mode has over 200 missions which can be played online and a free update will add ad-hoc multiplayer.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 is scheduled to come out in North America on August 18 and will retail for $39.99. A Japanese release is slated for September 17.

Read more stories about PlayStation Vita & Resident Evil: Revelations 2 on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Capcom wanting to know what fans want? Hell has frozen over.

Industry
Resident Evil 2 remake pitched at Capcom today
Published 1 day ago. 72 comments.
Yoshiaki Hirabayashi delivering the goods.

Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, who produced the Resident Evil HD remaster, pitched a Resident Evil 2 remake to Capcom today.
“Hello RE fans! This is H [Hirabayashi] again!” Hirabayashi said in a post on the official Resident Evil Facebook page. “Right after the RE HD Remaster project was finished, I actually started putting together my ideas for this ‘RE2 Project’. So, I just brushed it up and went to see my boss to present the basic concept of the project already…”
The picture included reads “Biohazard 2” (Resident Evil‘s Japanese title), with the words “New Rebirth Project” below it.
Hirabayashi teasingly did not share the outcome of his pitch.

Read More

Industry, Capcom, Horror, Resident Evil 2

Also Game informer put this up

source: Gematsu & GI

Last edited:
And it's happening. Resident Evil 2 is in development.

[YT]ZcW6W-xVl-8[/YT]

jaw-drop.jpg

Holy ****! A next gen RE2 Remake is going to be flippin' amazing. Great, great news.

Cool, can't wait for when more info and actual footage coming out to people getting angry about how they "ruined" it and all. I'll check it out, though. I wish we'd hear about RE7 already, though. Revelations 2 was so good I'm ready for another new installment.

The best game in the series for next-gen. Aw yisssssss.

Maybe the remake of FF VII got to them.

I think the remake in gameplay and camera view will be similar to that mode from Resident Evil 5, lost in nightmare? The mode that allows us to play as both Chris and Jill.

And an HD version of RE0, about time.

Hope it stays as close as possible to the original game. But I'll tolerate changes, if they keep the original music.

Christ. I was just thinking about that concept yesterday. Literally imagined it in detail what it would look like as I was playing REmake.
I hope it plays like REmake and NOT like the modern games. I don't care if people moan on about this and that with tank controls and fixed cameras blah blah...This will work best if it is, quite simply, an HD remake and not some Capcom attempt at modernisation with the Gears of War inspiration again. Screw that. Just give us RE2, with more realistic graphics. Leave the controls alone. Leave the cameras alone. Thank you and God bless.

It'll reflect that insane "blow 'em the hell up" mentality Capcom has had for the past few years now. Immediate high octane action, right off the bat, as you whip out your submachine gun or rocket launcher, going to town, blowing the living/undead up into tiny little pieces... Yeah,.they should still include that :o

A Re2 remake sounds very cool!

I hope Re3 and ReCV will be given a remake too in the future.

It'll reflect that insane "blow 'em the hell up" mentality Capcom has had for the past few years now. Immediate high octane action, right off the bat, as you whip out your submachine gun or rocket launcher, going to town, blowing the living/undead up into tiny little pieces... Yeah,.they should still include that :o
I want it, I love cheating in video games.

A Re2 remake sounds very cool!

I hope Re3 and ReCV will be given a remake too in the future.

I would love for Capcom to work RE3 into the RE2 remake. RE3 is not a great standalone game, but it is a very cool side story. RE2 remake should have three scenarios: Leon, Claire, and Jill (which is the Nemesis story).

I would love for Capcom to work RE3 into the RE2 remake. RE3 is not a great standalone game, but it is a very cool side story. RE2 remake should have three scenarios: Leon, Claire, and Jill (which is the Nemesis story).
The events of RE2 take place after Jill leaves the police station, so the idea of them being scenarios in the same game would be very cool.
But won't doing it like that interfere with modes A&B for the duo?

The events of RE2 take place after Jill leaves the police station, so the idea of them being scenarios in the same game would be very cool.
But won't doing it like that interfere with modes A&B for the duo?

Nah. Jill's would just be separate. That said, I never really cared for the A&B duo thing. It was cool for the time, but the "effects" from each scenario were mostly superficial and it created confusion in terms of the franchise canon. I personally think Leon should have his scenario based on Leon A (Birkin being the main boss). Claire should have her scenario based on Claire B (Mr. X being the main boss). And then Jill has scenario 3 (which is essentially Nemesis).

I honestly wouldn't mind an over the shoulder style, as long as they stay true to the survival aspect. The fan Remake is doing that, and it doesn't seem too shabby. And also if a game like The Last of Us can work like that, why not a Resident Evil game? 3rd person doesn't automatically have to been full on action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"