• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Resident Evil Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's going to coincide with the physical release, which is March 17th I think

Not going to look for those spoilers on what viruses are being used, but I speculate that the enemies from the first episode have some kind of cut form of the Las Plagas. This is based on those tumorous growths some of them are sporting and the fact that shining the flashlight on them causes them to turn into puddles of goo.

I was playing Raid Mode, trying to unlock [blackout]Leon[/blackout], and just happen to think about the whole life crystal thing it does that had people up in arms when I was looking at the shop. I literally forgot it even existed until that point. I can't help but chuckle how big a stink people made over something so damn worthless just a month or so ago.

The very mention of microtransactions makes people draw some wild conclusions.

Finished the last episode of Revelations 2. I have to say the game really exceeded my expectations. An absolute steal for $25 (even for the retail $40). My only real disappointments is how Claire's final episode is way too short, and there were points where it very obvious this was a budget title (some of the backgrounds are just urg). But really, outside that, a great title. As a solo experience, this is probably my favorite game since RE4, maybe even RE2.

Last edited:

Capcom’s newest weekly experiment with Resident Evil ends this week with the final episode of Resident Evil: Revelations 2.
However, all things being equal, I tend to be someone who prefers physical copies of games since they look good on my shelves and I’m actually a mutated magpie that looks like a human. Fortunately for myself and my fellow magpie-person hybrids, Capcom has also released physical copies today.

[YT]BdcPhT80nIc[/YT]
In addition to concluding the story of the game, episode 4 will also have goodies like more raid mode characters and missions. The final episode is available for download today on PS3 , PS4, and XBox One. It will be available on Steam around 9-10 PM tonight and on XBox 360 early tomorrow.
SOURCE

[YT]ngnQ9aBBDrU[/YT]
Resident Evil Revelations 2

GT's Score 8.3
With an extra dose of franchise roots, Revelations puts Resident Evil back on track.
Watch the Review | Read the Review
Posted: 03/17/2015 | Views: 37,838

Also with

• GI Rating 8
    Resident Evil Revelations 2

hot-post.png
    ps4-icon.png
    xboxone-icon.png
    ps3-icon.png
    xbox360-icon.png

on Mar 17, 2015 at 01:01 AM

We've been posting episode impressions. Find out how the whole experience fares.
    ... More

source Operation Rainfall, GI & GT

Last edited:

The PlayStation 4 Gets Samurai Warriors And Resident Evil Faceplates In Japan. March 30, 2015 . 3:13am

Sony have shared on their Japanese PlayStation Blog some of the latest PS4 faceplates, featuring the Resident Evil and Samurai Warriors series.

Following Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia’s recent Disgaea 5 faceplates, or PlayStation 4 hard drive covers, Sony shared on their official blog some of the latest with the Resident Evil and Samurai Warriors series.

In addition to the “Zombie version” shown on top, the Resident Evil series gets another pair with the “BSAA version”. They’ll both come in Jet Black and Glacier White colors.

As for the Samurai Warriors series, the faceplates feature popular characters in Yukimura Sanada and Mitsunari Ishida, and they also come in both black and white versions.

The Resident Evil and Samurai Warriors PlayStation 4 faceplates are currently available in the Japanese PlayStation Store for 2,000 yen each.

Read more stories about PlayStation 4 on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Coming To Vita This Summer. April 13, 2015 . 10:56am

The Vita version will contain all four episodes from the game, including DLC.

As previously reported, Sony are porting Resident Evil: Revelations 2 to the PlayStation Vita. Recently, they announced that the Vita version of the game will be released sometime this Summer.

Sony have hired Frima Studio, a Canadian studio that has worked primarily on smartphone project and web games, to handle the port. Revelations 2 on Vita will be available digitally, and Sony say they will talk specific features soon.

The Vita version will contain all four episodes from the game, including DLC. Raid Mode will likely not be available at launch, Sony say, and will need to be added via an update post-launch. Additionally, the Vita version will allow for gyroscopic aiming.

Read more stories about PlayStation Vita & Resident Evil: Revelations 2 on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Ah, Revelations 2 was so good. I can't think of a game I paid $25 for that could've easily been worth $60.

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Resident Evil remaster sales top one million
Published 12 hours ago. 49 comments.

High sales for high-def remaster.

Resi-Remaster-Sales-1-Mil_04-24-15.jpg

Sales for the February-launched Resident Evil high-definition remaster have surpassed one million units worldwide, Capcom announced.
As previously announced, it also broke the record for the biggest selling day one digital title on PlayStation Network when it launched, and was the fastest selling digital title in Capcom history.
In celebration of the news, the Resident Evil team put together a set of new wallpapers for users. Download it in ZIP form here.
Resident Evil is available digitally across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. In Japan, a retail PS3 version is also available.

Read More

PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Capcom, Horror, Resident Evil, Sales

Also with

Resident Evil HD Remaster Scares Up 1 Million Units Shipped. April 24, 2015 . 12:25am

Capcom shipped one million copies of Resident Evil HD Remaster, a HD port of the Resident Evil remake made for Gamecube.

Capcom shipped one million copies of Resident Evil HD Remaster, a HD port of the Resident Evil remake made for Gamecube. The remastered horror game launched on November 27 in Japan for PS3 and Xbox 360. A limited retail release of the PS3 version was distributed in Asia.
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC version of Resident Evil HD Remaster followed in January of this year along with a worldwide release. Resident Evil HD Remaster has updated graphics, an analog control option, and Very Easy mode.

Capcom celebrated the news in Japan by releasing Resident Evil HD Remaster wallpapers, which you can download here.
source: Gematsu& Siliconera

Yeah, I don't think they shipped 1 million since there was, for the most part, nothing to actually ship...

Remake is $14.99 on PSN for Plus this week. I regret being lured into buying it with the PS 10% discount code bc I still havent played it.

It's worth $20, but I feel like $15 is probably the price it should've been.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 sales top 1.1 million
Published 8 hours ago. 20 comments.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate passes 3.4 million.

Resi-Rev-2-Sales-1p1-Mil.jpg
Resident Evil Revelations 2 shipped 1.1 million units across Japan, North America, and Europe, Capcom’s latest financial results reveal.
The game launched in episodic format for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC starting February, before seeing a retail release containing every episode in March. The number represents retail sales and all season passes for the digital download version.
The report also reveals that sales for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate have surpassed 3.4 million worldwide. We last heard the 3DS title topped three million shipments, with one million in western territories.
As for Capcom’s future titles, the publisher said it hopes to sell 2.5 million of its recently announced Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS and two million copies of Street Fighter V for PlayStation 4 and PC.

Read More

PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Capcom, Horror, Resident Evil: Revelations 2, Sales

source: Gematsu

Industry
Expect more HD remasters from Capcom
Published 19 hours ago. 135 comments.
They'll be one of Capcom's "key business activities."

More-Remasters-Capcom.jpg

Expect more downloadable high-definition remasters from Capcom. In the Q&A for their latest financial results, Capcom said that thanks to the Resident Evil remaster’s high sales, HD remasters will be one of the company’s “key business activities” moving forward.
“HD remasters of our catalog hit titles will be one of our key business activities,” Capcom said in the Q&A. “Overseas, it is becoming difficult to sell these lower-priced and re-mastered titles at stores because of the declining number of stores and sales area limitations. Therefore, we started aggressive digital download sales activities.
“These activities created new demand for these titles. For example, overseas download sales of Resident Evil (HD Remastered) in the past fiscal year were far higher than we expected. It is not a risk but rather the growth of the download sales channel gives users more options. We regard this as growth in opportunities to have allow access for more people to enjoy our games.”
Capcom’s next remaster, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC next month. Besides that, a remaster for Resident Evil Zero was leaked prior to the launch of the Resident Evil remaster.
Thanks, @shinobi602.

Read More

Industry, Capcom, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, Resident Evil
source: Gematsu

I still need to play this. I bought it when it went to $15 on XBL, but I haven't gotten around to it.

It's pretty prime, probably the best of the old school REs. Good toss up between that and RE2, I think. Zero is pretty decent, too, though not nearly as good.

I just got through all of the chapters, I have a couple nitpicks but this is the best RE game since 4. I am going to have to go back through multiple times and collect all the hidden items, this is the first time since 5 I have even cared to play story mode more than once.

You talking about Revelations 2? Yeah, I agree, it's great.

Just read that Resident Evil Zero HD has officially been announced. No English links are up yet that I'm aware of, but several Japanese outlets have been reporting it. It'll be on PS3, PS4, X360, Xbone and PC (just like REMake HD), but a little more surprising is that it's being announced as an early 2016 title. That surprised me, I was thinking it'd come out this summer. People are speculating it might be because RE7 could possibly launch this year (it sounds unlikely, but RE6 was officially announced and released in the same year, I believe, so it's not unprecedented), and them having this out in early 2016 could mean they would've released a RE game in every quarter or 2015. But that's pure speculation.

The price has not been mentioned, but it's probably a safe bet it'll be $20 like REMake HD. Zero is pretty solid overall, but I don't know if I'll grab it or not really. I had it on the GCN way back in the day, and it's not in the upper tier even if I found it enjoyable. But it's good for those who have been unable to play it due to it's exclusiveness before. It's worth playing, definitely, if you enjoy the old school style of RE.

EDIT: And lol, some people are complaining about it being cross gen, too. This, a remaster of a game from ****ing 2002. Haha, oh man, some people are just so up in the air they don't know what's clouds and what's horse**** anymore.

Last edited:

Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster coming in 2016
Published 5 hours ago. 28 comments.

Capcom officially announces previously leaked remaster.

RE-Zero-Ann_05-25-15.jpg

Following a leak in December, Capcom has officially announced an HD remaster of Resident Evil Zero is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in early 2016.
The game originally launched for GameCube in 2002. It is set before the events of the original Resident Evil and follows police officer Rebecca Chambers and convict Billy Coen, whom you’ll switch between periodically as you progress.
Watch a video message from Resident Evil remaster producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, Resident Evil Zero remaster producer Tsukasa Takenaka, and director Koji Oda.

[YT]RRtJBaQ9tow[/YT]
View the first screenshots and character artwork at the galley.

visit gallery »

Read More

PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Capcom, Clips, Game Announce, Horror, Resident Evil Zero, Screenshots

Also with

Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster Brings HD Leech Hunting To PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, And PC [Update]. May 25, 2015 . 11:05pm

Capcom announced Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster, a high definition version of the Gamecube exclusive Resident Evil prequel

Capcom announced Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster, a high definition version of the Gamecube exclusive Resident Evil prequel. Resident Evil Zero puts players in control of Billy Coen, an ex-soldier who was convicted of a massacre, and Rebecca Chambers, a S.T.A.R.S. member first seen in the original Resident Evil. The game has a partner switching system and a Leech Hunter mini game where you need to find 100 leeches.

Famitsu reports Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster will be released in early 2016 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in Japan.

Update: Capcom confirmed Resident Evil Zero will be released in the West in early 2016 too. Director Koji Oda and additional staff will return to work on the HD version.

[YT]RRtJBaQ9tow[/YT]

Read more stories about PC & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster & Xbox 360 & Xbox One on Siliconera.

source: Gematsu& Siliconera

Last edited:
2016? Bummer.

I could never get into Zero on the GC, but I'll give it another chance with this.

F************k YES!!!!

I didnt enjoy 0 as much as the REmake, but hot damn ill take a REmaster of it. All day every day.

Still avoiding that RE2/3 bundle remake I see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"