The Resident Evil Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would kill for a REmake of 2, but im afraid theyd just turn it into another action game.

This is increasingly becoming a problem in the industry. It's like how a lot of Final Fantasy fans have been begging for years for a FFVII remake, but just like Capcom and all of its awesome old games, the Square of today is not the same Square that made all those great games back in the day and they will **** up any remake they attempt in one way or another. If not multiple ways.

This is increasingly becoming a problem in the industry. It's like how a lot of Final Fantasy fans have been begging for years for a FFVII remake, but just like Capcom and all of its awesome old games, the Square of today is not the same Square that made all those great games back in the day and they will **** up any remake they attempt in one way or another. If not multiple ways.

Yea good point. Ah well. At least i still have those old games. They can never take my REmake and turn it into an action game.

RE2 is my favorite of the RE games. It doesn't need to be "improved" with quick time events, Mercenaries, and a loose camera.

Yeah, Capcom missed their window of opportunity back when they made REmake. Now no one but the real RE fans would get a proper RE2 remake done in the same style as REmake. All the CoD generation will likely not buy it or hate it and it will suffer.

Yeah, Capcom missed their window of opportunity back when they made REmake. Now no one but the real RE fans would get a proper RE2 remake done in the same style as REmake. All the CoD generation will likely not buy it or hate it and it will suffer.

Oh deff. Can you imagine a new era gamer playing a REmade RE2?

I know RE5 was more action based, RE6 I'm guessing is the same. But I'd love an RE2 remake in the style of RE4. I think that was the best of the series. I just found tank controls and fixed camera to be outdated by today's standards. RE4 was more playable and engaging while still having the atmosphere of the older games.

I know RE5 was more action based, RE6 I'm guessing is the same. But I'd love an RE2 remake in the style of RE4. I think that was the best of the series. I just found tank controls and fixed camera to be outdated by today's standards. RE4 was more playable and engaging while still having the atmosphere of the older games.

I wouldnt mind them REmaking 2 with the OTS camera, but that would be the only change id want outside of updating the environment in the same way they did with the REmake.

I guess I would settle for an RE2 remake done in the RE4/5 style, but it's a shame that's what it's come to, that a Resident Evil done in the classic style seems like an impossibility. I'm generally of the opinion that there's no such thing as outdated game mechanics, only changed tastes.

I guess I would settle for an RE2 remake done in the RE4/5 style, but it's a shame that's what it's come to, that a Resident Evil done in the classic style seems like an impossibility. I'm generally of the opinion that there's no such thing as outdated game mechanics, only changed tastes.

Yea i agree. Altho i always chalk it up to the fact i played them originally. Maybe id feel different if i just picked up the REmake today. Either way, i enjoyed that camera from the orig titles.

I'll never try to convince anyone that the tank controls and fixed camera angles aren't awkward, but when I look at what they were replaced with in 6, I also can't say the series is better off.

I'll never try to convince anyone that the tank controls and fixed camera angles aren't awkward, but when I look at what they were replaced with in 6, I also can't say the series is better off.

Yea, i wont argue that man.

I would totally be all over a RE2 done in the REmake style.

Is it even possible to play the REmake anymore without a gamecube/emulator.

I'm generally of the opinion that there's no such thing as outdated game mechanics, only changed tastes.

Well aren't you zen. :cmad:

If RE2 were to be remade, I'd also prefer an over the shoulder view. But everything else should be almost unchanged.

- Keep the inventory the same, so you actually have to do some item management.
- No uber melee, being able to roundhouse kick heads off or counters. Though I wouldn't mind to see RE6's dodge system in a Remake. But in turn make enemies like Lickers one hit kill enemies.
- Limited ammo. Sure, you could now easily head shoot Zombies with OTS aiming, but you should have so little ammo, that the better solution is to avoid them altogether.
- No checkpoints and only being able to save at Typewriters. Keeps up the pressure to be careful, because you can only save at one place.

Now for the biggest change, that I'd really like to see.

- Optional Co-op. You can play alone in single player, or co-op with a friend. No co-op AI. You have the option to play the story like back in the day, with either Leon or Claire, or together with a friend. Should you play co-op, scenarios, events and maybe even boss battles could change. Maybe even have area you couldn't reach before, because you didn't have a friend that could give you a leg-up.

- Optional Co-op. You can play alone in single player, or co-op with a friend. No co-op AI. You have the option to play the story like back in the day, with either Leon or Claire, or together with a friend. Should you play co-op, scenarios, events and maybe even boss battles could change. Maybe even have area you couldn't reach before, because you didn't have a friend that could give you a leg-up.

Id rather they keep the two campaigns seperate in the original with no co op. I would welcome a new third campaign which is a non-canon take on the story which has Claire and Leon together for the duration of game. It can combine elements from both of their scenarios while introducig new material. This one would be exclusively co-op

That's actually a good idea. I'm gonna edit my post I did on Capcom unity.

While a RE2 remake would be awesome, I'm waiting for a Dino Crisis remake...I never played the sequels, but loved the original...I think the RE4-5 gameplay would be great for that...

Is it even possible to play the REmake anymore without a gamecube/emulator.

Yeah, get a Wii since it can play GC games. There's a Wii version out as well that can use the GC controller. Even though I have the GC and Wii version of REmake, I always play the GC version on the Wii since I have everything unlocked on that one.

Last edited:
I love every RE game. LOVE them. My favorites being 2 and 3...but why can't people realize that despite the unfortunate changes made to the original formula, 4 and 5 are still very enjoyable games (4 being infinitely more so in my opinion) and I'm very excited for 6. Things have to change eventually or formulas get stale. And whoever said there's no such thing as outdated game mechanics doesn't really "get" games. For instance, a game mechanic once revolutionary and mind blowing at its time of release can make a game reach unplayable levels of frustration when revisited years later after said mechanic has been vastly improved upon. I agree there's NOTHING wrong at all with the original REs. Still very playable today for anyone who's not too spoiled by this generation's trends. I just wanted to voice my opinion regarding my distaste for RE diehards that can't handle change. No it's not the same survival horror we all loved from the 90s. Yes they're catering to new audiences. But with recent releases like Revelations on 3DS (which was VERY old school RE and awesome) and the fact that RE6 has multiple campaigns, each with a different feel/play style shows Capcom is at least trying to make everyone happy (the fans of lame straight ahead action and the true survival horror fans.) Capcom's changed for the worse over the years. But I still haven't given up on RE. I'm still buying RE6. And the RE games (including every single obscure or crappy offshoot RE) are endlessly better than those HORRIBLE RE movies. :p

I love every RE game. LOVE them. My favorites being 2 and 3...but why can't people realize that despite the unfortunate changes made to the original formula, 4 and 5 are still very enjoyable games (4 being infinitely more so in my opinion) and I'm very excited for 6. Things have to change eventually or formulas get stale. And whoever said there's no such thing as outdated game mechanics doesn't really "get" games. For instance, a game mechanic once revolutionary and mind blowing at its time of release can make a game reach unplayable levels of frustration when revisited years later after said mechanic has been vastly improved upon. I agree there's NOTHING wrong at all with the original REs. Still very playable today for anyone who's not too spoiled by this generation's trends. I just wanted to voice my opinion regarding my distaste for RE diehards that can't handle change. No it's not the same survival horror we all loved from the 90s. Yes they're catering to new audiences. But with recent releases like Revelations on 3DS (which was VERY old school RE and awesome) and the fact that RE6 has multiple campaigns, each with a different feel/play style shows Capcom is at least trying to make everyone happy (the fans of lame straight ahead action and the true survival horror fans.) Capcom's changed for the worse over the years. But I still haven't given up on RE. I'm still buying RE6. And the RE games (including every single obscure or crappy offshoot RE) are endlessly better than those HORRIBLE RE movies. :p

Its not that its "not the same survival horror", its that there is NO survival horror, at all. Im replaying through RE5 now with a friend and its a blast, one of the better co op games out there, BUT its just a standard action game. It resembles RE in no way and it appears as tho RE6 is taking that to a whole new level. I mean iv got plenty of shooters, but only one or two survival horror titles. Id like RE to get back to basics.

We arent mad because RE has changed, we're pissed off because its changed into just a standard shooter.

Yeah, get a Wii since it can play GC games. There's a Wii version out as well that can use the GC controller. Even though I have the GC and Wii version of REmake, I always play the GC version on the Wii since I have everything unlocked on that one.

I wish they would have ported/released the REmake over the Director's Cut on PSN/Xbox live...or even added that to the Anthology/Archives releases of RE6......I already have all the games on my PS3 for the Anthology and Archives editions......(I think I said that before a few times)......so I'm just getting the standard release but I'd definitely buy 1 of them if they included the REmake...

I wish they would have ported/released the REmake over the Director's Cut on PSN/Xbox live...or even added that to the Anthology/Archives releases of RE6......I already have all the games on my PS3 for the Anthology and Archives editions......(I think I said that before a few times)......so I'm just getting the standard release but I'd definitely buy 1 of them if they included the REmake...

Oh lord, if they ported Zero and the REmake(and the others for that matter) to the 360 or PS3, id explode. Id also pay them whatever they wanted. 30, 60 dollars, i laugh at those numbers. WHY DONT YOU WANT MY MONEY CAPCOM!?!?!?

I would definitely argue they're outdated because RE1 came out before the PS1 added the analog sticks, subsequent games kept a horrible control scheme that worked best on D-pads which quickly became obsolete for 3D games. But I'm someone who started with RE4 and then tried to play the REmake, FWIW.

Eh it takes away the whole point of re-making them if you make them like RE4 and RE5. RE1-RE:CV were the roots of that series, and the best hands down. RE2 is still one of my favorites as well. RE4-6 should be considered an offshoot of RE, I wish they would go back to survival horror (not action style).

I hope some company comes along sooner or later and makes something in the spirit of the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"