The Resident Evil Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't survival horror all about limited resources and being vulnerable? I don't say make the game exactly like RE4-5, but I'd really prefer to have an over the shoulder view, without all the action nonsense like roundhouse kicks or wrestling moves. If you keep everything else the same, it's still survival horror.

In their defense, these characters are all highly trained fighters so kicking the **** out of a zombie is kind of plausible. But you can't have Sherry Birkin doing it.

Even highly trained, getting close to a Zombie, should be the last thing you want to do. Once they get a hold of you, it should be really tough to get them off you. Even if you're that highly trained fighter, you're dealing with opponents that feel no pain, are stronger than regular people and can only die through a severe brain trauma.

Maybe they should add an extra mode, that makes the Zombies as dangerous as the ones in the upcoming ZombiU. One bite and you're dead. After all, they are highly infectious, but the player is always immune to their bite.

Isn't survival horror all about limited resources and being vulnerable? I don't say make the game exactly like RE4-5, but I'd really prefer to have an over the shoulder view, without all the action nonsense like roundhouse kicks or wrestling moves. If you keep everything else the same, it's still survival horror.

I dunno, I think controls and camera could be different for RE7+ if they decide to go back to their roots. It is true that survival horror is needed back in the series. Take out the action. But it seems Capcom and Square Enix are losing their minds and forgetting their roots. As I think Soapy said gameplay mechanics don't age or something like that I'm too lazy to look back a page lol. You can upgrade controls, and streamline interfaces, but the older gameplay for lots of games like RE and FF are better back in the day then they are now.

from what I've seen and what they've shown in those videos it's still the last chose. they still ahve hard time getin zombies off if the zombies get a good grip them and they still need time to reload and remember it's still a game ( gamer like to head in fighting and there are most ones that don't care ether way. ) in stead having a long drawn out fight they( the characters) are looking to trip them and end it fast with leverage and then back them selves away as the rest of the hordes comes to wards them. it's use to make them back up and to get away.

Their not taking them all on with martial arts. The day you see Leon toss his gun saying "I don't need this gun any more , I never Fing did "and runs straight into a million man zombie horde shirtless and kill them all just using that and that alone is the very time I'll see that complaints as valid.

Last edited:
I hope some company comes along sooner or later and makes something in the spirit of the originals.
Shinji Mikami is making a horror game with Bethesda. Here's hoping that it'll be even more frightening than the originals (since he also created RE), that it is successfull and that Capcom sees that survival horror game can still sell a lot, specially since the RE name already carries a lot of weight and a big fanbase.

Shinji Mikami is making a horror game with Bethesda. Here's hoping that it'll be even more frightening than the originals (since he also created RE), that it is successfull and that Capcom sees that survival horror game can still sell a lot, specially since the RE name already carries a lot of weight and a big fanbase.

I forgot about that. Ya I hope it does shake some sense into people. I really hope it's good. Survival horror needs to come back.

The way I see it, if Dead space pulls things off with Dead space 3 and they've shown most recently that you are indeed alone in your sp part of your game if your playing that. And that's the correct way to do a game ( if you want you have the option of your solo for your solo and the option of co-op for co-op it's your chose and not forced)
Then it's obvious what capcom might have to do like other companies/dev studios that made Halo and Resistance and what kojima pro did with MGR buy letting platinumtake over. Leave this franchise to another company/dev studio in this case, I 'd say they should out source this franchise to the people that made Dead space, but still publish it. And then no one will have to worry about both the futures games or Remakes of it. I'm sure pat would dig that if it were possible to do. it all depends on how that does.

Last edited:
Holy Crap!

This game just broke street date in
Australia...a week early.

cool. very cool to hear that. That means you''l picking it up earlier then expected right ? if it does, That's just Awesome

on other stuff on this game here the people that do the cinematic's for the games.
Previews

Making Cinematics for Resident Evil 6

Miri heads to the motion capture studio Just Cause Entertainment to find out how the cinematic sequences of Resident Evil 6 were made.

and the alternative view

Shows

September 27 – EP Daily – Full Show

Briana catches up with Once Upon a Time stars Josh Dallas, Ginnifer Goodwin, and Jennifer Morrison to get the scoop on the show’s upcoming second season; Jose finds out what wacky hijinks to expect from the eleventh season of Family Guy with actors Mike Henry and Alex Borstein; Miri takes a look at the indie comedy Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best with stars Ryan O’Nan and Michael Weston; Vic has Looper and more new movies in the Sonar; Miri heads to the motion capture studio Just Cause Entertainment to find out how the cinematic sequences of Resident Evil 6 were made; Vic and Scott take on Adam Sandler, again, in their review of the new animated movie Hotel Transylvania; and finally, Shaun gets all the details on Renga, the world’s first 100-player co-op laser game.

source:EPD.tv/ ROTR

Last edited:
Who's the BOW that crashes down and chases Jake (I think it might be jake. Might be Chris) in the original RE6 trailer. He/it looks cool.

Ill be willing to wager that it wont sell...at least not the way Capcom(ah who we kidding, lets just call em Crapcom from here on out) wants it to. I cant wait to hear more about that project tho. The early reports iv heard has me all giddy in the same way the early reports of Dead Space did and that series has become one of my fav this gen.

Who's the BOW that crashes down and chases Jake (I think it might be jake. Might be Chris) in the original RE6 trailer. He/it looks cool.

Thats the Ustanak(sp?) i think. I believe its like a new Nemesis type creature. Jake and Sherry have to keep evading it.

So I'm on my way to pick up Resident Evil 6 now but a bit bummed by the sudden revelation by my friend and long time co-op partner that he's NOT getting RE 6. So, if anyone at any point wants to play this game with someone else, I'll be the lonely guy who isn't scared and playing Leon's chapter :p

You're getting for PS3?

Nah, 360. Just about to start playing it. I'll post my impressions after I've given it a proper go.

Didnt even realize the game was coming so soon. Thought it was a mid October release

Well it wasn't due out here until next week but it broke street date early, which is a new one for me. Apparently Capcom allowed it, on the sly, before our Australian long weekend.

Btw, first impressions are this.... Graphics bounce between looking awful and looking great... Controls aren't as bad as i thought.... and the story... Is actually surprisingly damn engaging. I've started with the Leon campaign and I'm really getting into it, even without a second player.

Man, I really hope Capcom will remake RE2. I'm currently playing ORC with Mods to get my RE2 fix.

I'd be down for a remake but only if it's done in a similar style to the Gamecube one. Then they should release it on PSN Store for both PS3 & Vita/XBOX Live/Nintendo Network. Should be low-cost too.

Lol well speaking of RE 2 remakes, I just did a level of Leon's campaign that was VERY nostalgic. Holding up in a gun store, outside a gas station. That felt familiar.

So far I'm having fun. It's definitely very tense and there have even been a few scares. Whilst it's not a terrifying game, there are definitely portions where it is very unsettling. The music and lighting/atmos is definitely used effectively at times.

However, one thing it does seem to lack so far is the feel of progression that you would get in the other games. That is, the other games had that kind of semi-exploratory, free roam type feel. I mean, sure they were linear, but it felt like you had your set character, you had your set inventory and then you went on a big journey, across a vast area, and what tools, weapons etc you use is up to you.

For the Leon campaign so far, it's more like a Gears of War game or something, albeit a more horror themed version, but I haven't come across any puzzle sections nor have I even had to think about my inventory. You just pick up literally everything you find. That takes some of the survival aspect out of it a little for me.

That said, the melee stuff is nowhere near as overpowered as I thought it was going to be, so that's a good thing. You have a stamina bar that depletes from too much physical activity, so while you can totally pwn a zombie in one on one, if you had a few zombies, it wouldn't be long before you were on your ass getting munched on.

Also, despite the more action friendly controls, I've yet to really feel powerful. Sure you can kill a lot of zombies, but you still need to know when to run and when to hold your own. I mean, sometimes you think 'Sure, I'll kill them all, why not?' Then you blow like 50 rounds of pistol ammo, go into the next area and find like 100 zombies running at you.

^Just like in real life.

Yeah. Plus, there are special infected and stuff like that.

Are there any alt control schemes? Like say using the control scheme from RE5 that needed an extra button to run? I noticed there wasnt one in the demo but thought maybe there could be one in the final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"