The Resident Evil Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No remakes to bundle, and they'll never remake either of them, so they'll always avoid it.

I enjoyed 0.. but I'd love it if they went balls to the wall and just completely remade 2 and 3..Like full on remake.

I'd pay 60 no problem.

They never will. They'll probably just outright reboot the series before they go back and do full budget remakes of older games. 2 would be cool to see, though (screw 3, though, that game is crap).

I know I beat Zero on my GC, but I barely remember it. It's the only one in the original series that I never went back to play. I just remember it being set on a train.

Eh, I liked 3 a lot. Not as good as 2.. But I still liked it.

I've always thought it was ass. Outside Jill as the protag, I don't think there's anything I like about that game. Well, Carlos is alright, too, decent supporting character.

I liked 3 over 2 just for the cat and mouse dynamic Jill and the giant tentacle monster had and the custom ammo system. Also, the Magnum ending/finish :hmr:

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Resident Evil 0 remaster debut trailer, screenshots
Published 3 hours ago. 8 comments.

First look at the early 2016-due HD remaster.

RE0_06-08-15.jpg

Capcom has released the debut trailer and screenshots for Resident Evil 0, its newly announced HD remaster coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in early 2016.
Get the fact sheet and trailer below.
[YT]M5RJjYXj6G0[/YT]

View the screenshots at the gallery.
Overview
Resident Evil 0, a remastered version of the popular prequel to the original Resident Evil game, is coming to PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC in early 2016. This remastered version takes the fear-inducing atmosphere from the original 2002 release and transforms it with stunning new HD visuals, improved sound, widescreen support and an optional modernized control system and more. Both series fans and newcomers alike can experience the story of what really happened before the iconic mansion incident that was the catalyst for the entire Resident Evil saga.
The story of Resident Evil 0 takes players back to 1998. Reports have been mounting about unusual murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City. The city’s Special Forces division, S.T.A.R.S., sends their Bravo Team – including rookie cop member Rebecca Chambers – to investigate. On route, the team’s helicopter suffers engine trouble and is forced to make a crash landing, where they find an overturned prisoner transport vehicle. Splitting up to search the area, Rebecca discovers the Ecliptic Express, a train stopped dead on the tracks. Inside, she meets death row convict and ex-Navy lieutenant Billy Coen. Throughout the game, players will take control of both Rebecca and Billy, at times switching between both characters in order to proceed. Learning the advantages of each character is the key to solving puzzles and surviving the nightmares that lie ahead.
Features

• Return to the series origins – Discover the truth behind what led to the horrors at the Mansion in Resident Evil in this fan-favorite and popular prequel title to the series.
  • Completely enhanced visuals – New high-resolution textures have been created from scratch, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles, while still preserving the classic appearance of the original release.
  • Fully remastered sound effects – 5.1 surround support provides a more experiential gaming atmosphere that best matches players’ listening environments.
  • Relive the classic horror in either its original settings or modified to modern-day standards:
    • Experience the horror in the classic 4:3 ratio or newly added 16:9 widescreen mode.
    • Play with the classic control scheme, or enjoy a new alternative scheme where the character moves in the direction of the analogue stick.
  • Fan-favorite Resident Evil characters – Rookie S.T.A.R.S. member Rebecca Chambers and wanted criminal Billy Coen combine skills and buddy up to survive the undead and infected nightmares that await them.
  • visit gallery »

Read More

PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Capcom, Clips, Horror, Resident Evil 0, Screenshots, Trailers
source: Gematsu

As a player of The original Resident Evil 0 and the Resident Evil REmake on the Gamecube, I fell in love with the series. But at the same time it spoiled me because I also played the direct ports of RE2, RE3 and RE:CV on the Gamecube and I've been wishing for remastered versions of those ever since. :(

Code Veronica had a remaster already. RE2 and 3 can't really have remasters due to technical limitations, they would have to be fully remade, which is doubtful to ever happen.

Capcom Shows Off Resident Evil 0 Prototype From 1999. July 9, 2015 . 6:01pm

At Comic-Con, Capcom showed off some brief clips of footage from an early prototype of Resident Evil 0.

At their panel at the San Diego Comic-Con today, Capcom showed off some brief clips of footage from an early prototype of Resident Evil 0, originally created in 1999, before development was moved over to the Gamecube in 2000. You can watch footage from the prototype below.

[YT]gDZBRhjy_ME[/YT]

Read more stories about Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster & Videos on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Hoping 7 is leaps and bounds better than 6. I never even finished all the campaigns in 6. Just got too boring.

If we'll ever? Yeah, I mean, it's a guarantee to happen, but no word on when.

I hope 7 is more horror driven than action driven. I still find 5 to be worse than 6.

I hope 7 is more horror driven than action driven. I still find 5 to be worse than 6.

We all want that.

I can't complain much any more. Capcom gave me my REmake on the new consoles and I highly doubt they'll ever come close to recapturing the quality of that REmake.

Eh, I mean, I'm fine with RE as it is now to be honest. I can go either way

The Evil Within is what they should be aiming for, in my opinion. The atmosphere, the graphics, the gameplay (a bit of tidying up), they worked really well to produce a solid horror game. It wasn't perfect, but after playing it, I'd be confident in thinking Capcom are capable of giving us what we're asking for, and that's a return to those grim roots.

But in honesty, RE Revelations 2 gave us more of the former glory. But it was still lacking, and I think it forever will. Because no modern game is ever going to capture what we loved about the original games. That's fine to me. But 7 should definitely follow in the horrific footsteps of 4 and TEW. Especially their atmospheres. That's the key, I think.

What environments would you guys like the next game to be set in? The atmosphere can only come from certain things. Somewhere claustrophobic, is that important? Morbid and haunting?

I would shoot more towards Dead Space than The Evil Within.

I have a confession to make...I've never played Dead Space :wow:

Pick it up, it's one of the best survival horrors out there. It's really good.

I'm aware it gets praise for its atmosphere, and from what I know and have seen already, I think it's quite deserving. I'll definitely have to play it though.

And that is probably the atmosphere they should be aiming for.
TEW had gorgeous graphics and environments. But it relies on too much blood and guts plastered everywhere. Revelations 2 was guilty of that. Is that what Capcom thinks classes as an element true horror nowadays?

RE 1 and 2 didn't need that, in the slightest bit way to be intimidating. It was that atmosphere. The fear of the unknown. The camera angles certainly helped because we had no control of what we saw and had no way of effectively knowing what awaited us within that creepy atmosphere. But, as we know, sadly, fixed cameras and tank controls are the thing of the past even though they were forgivable.

I can't say I'm super sad that they're gone. They were cool tricks, but to everyone but the dedicated hardcore, they were starting to get old. The series needed to change. Maybe it didn't need to change as radically as it did with 4, but had the series not evolved, I'm convinced it would've probably not made the leap from generation to generation like it has. Hardcore fans of any franchise have a hard time accepting it, but things have to change for them to continue to stay relevant and fresh.

Environment and pacing are way more important than gimmicks like tank controls and fixed camera angles. That's also why I would recommend Dead Space, especially the first two, because they show that very well.

I still want a RE2 remake. I'm hoping the rerelease of REmake sold well enough to convince Capcom to make finally make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"