Eternals Flying too close to the sun - The Ikaris (Richard Madden) Thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score

So who do you think should play him? Might be a perfect role for Matthew Mconaughey

Dan Stevens, Michael Fassbender or Henry Golding.

I could see gosling doing it if he had an unconventional role like a villain. He wouldn’t want to coast on his looks

That shiny best picture nom black panther got could be a great recruiting tool for Feige, I'm willing to bet he had a lot of interesting conversations at the Oscar's B)

Joel Kinnaman?

Joel+Kinnaman+Audi+Celebrates+68th+Emmys+4Z7EHS_5vD6l.jpg

(WB and Marvel are already sharing Gunn so why not somebody else associated with Suicide Squad?)

I can see Kellen Lutz playing photographer Ike Harris (modern human identity of Ikaris) accompanying Dr. Daniel Damien and daughter Margo Damien to explore an archeological site at the beginning of the film similar to the god chamber in Eternals vol.1 #1. He's moderately sized at 6'1" and I mean if Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans can play physical characters on screen this could be enough to go with movie magic wise...

Fotos-de-Kellan-Lutz-2.jpg

I'm interested to see what age they want Ikaris to be, a peer to the main heroes of the story or an older leader among the Eternals? If they go older, I'd take Pedro Pascal. No idea if they want him the same age as Hercules, Sersei and "Megan". Maybe Glen Powell?

Not a great actor tho

He doesn't necessarily need to be great to sell an ensemble movie though. For this type of movie, the narrative perhaps will take over as each actor does their part.

I just want actors who can sort of look like the character pulled off of the page for the most part.:cwink:

All the casting suggestions I've seen in other pun-erific thread are fairly typical and look nothing like the characters on page. If I give one suggestion of someone who could perhaps be made to look like said character perhaps in a shot or two then that's a baseline example for the next person to suggest a character that looks the part.

Yes, I know it's impossible sometimes to find a good actor to meld into a character as seen on the page. That being said if there's a spitting likeness out there by all means feel free to post your suggestions!

I'm not saying 1 actor would work the best for a given part but I see something that could look somewhat the part it's at least worth posting about I think.

Last edited:
Eh... The idea that the look is of paramount importance is why genre fans used to fan cast so many pro wrestlers in parts. Seeing Hemsworth or Cavill before they were in the suits and had bulked up their respective parts would seem out of their league physically.

Wasn’t Kevin Feige photographed a while ago having a chat with Steve Yuen? He would be an amazing Ikaris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"