Eternals Flying too close to the sun - The Ikaris (Richard Madden) Thread

I mean, that's great and all if true but are people sure that he actually IS gay? He's dated women in the past and while it's always possible that they were beards or whatever, I just worry that this is one of those cases where people so desperately want someone to be gay (or want to push someone out of the closet who doesn't want to be) that they'll try to destroy him if this whole scenario doesn't play out the way they want it to.

When has anyone ever been “destroyed” in such a way?

I would have preferred to see Madden cast as Batman and Pattinson to be Ikaris but Madden as Ikaris sounds really cool

Can anyone recommend a good starting point to read the Eternals? Are more recent issues better or best to go with older ones? Any particular favorite storylines?

Hi thangaran, I’ve been checking out the original Kirby run on the marvel app. It’s pretty fun, not a bad way to spend an afternoon

When has anyone ever been “destroyed” in such a way?

Hi thangaran, I’ve been checking out the original Kirby run on the marvel app. It’s pretty fun, not a bad way to spend an afternoon

I didn’t mean anyone had literally been destroyed by that type of behavior, I just think it’s s***ty to badger someone to come out when they don’t want to or constantly insinuate someone is gay when they may not be or identify as bi/pan/etc.

He's Scottish so its like kinda the law I support him :funny:

Have really only seen him in GOT and now Rocketman. From what little I have seen he seemed great in GOT, in Rocketman he plays a real creep and is really unlikeable but I suppose that's what he was going for with that role.

Best of luck to him:applaud.

Check out Bodyguard. It's probably his best role to date. He was also really good in Klondike.

I hope he won‘t call Ajax ma‘m all the time...

Iron Man was basically the lead.

And Star-Lord is the lead of the GotG movies.

Even a team movie is going to have one character who gets more focus than the others.
Yeah if they say these team movies are an ensemble, there's always that one character that gets the most importance. Though I would bet its Ikaris.

Most stylish man? Gee surely that’s a title for Billy Potter?

Anyway good for him. I haven’t yet made the cover of GQ but I don’t mind really

What do you all think of Ikaris so far? He probably has my favorite costume in the film, followed closely by Angie’s. Can’t tell from the joke scene whether Madden is using his Scottish accent or something else. Can’t wait to see more of him.

He seems to be 1B in terms of main characters (with Sersi being 1A). It's hard to gauge the personalities of the characters from this trailer. Since the concept it out of the way, hopefully trailer 2 gives us more character.

Its a minor complaint but I wish they made him blonde just like Ange-Thena, especially after Sersi, he's the most well known Eternal from the comiXs. A detail like hair color irks me when its not similar to the source material especially comiXs. I also haven't seen Richard Madden as a blonde.

I hope the leaks aren’t true about him
killing Ajak
that would be a difficult situation if they continue with this character development

He was great in Cinderella! I thought he was Sebastian Stan when I first saw that film.

He looks a bit too much like Bucky now instead of Ikaris. Give him a blue leather jacket and metal arm and he could pass for him.

I’ll be honest; watching him kick ass in that trailer made me hope Marvel just blatantly sets him up as their Superman surrogate.

Hey, if they make his character premise "the godlike superhuman who has to remain in secret and angsts over this fact", I bet they do a better job of it than MoS. ;)

I hope the leaks aren’t true about him
killing Ajak
that would be a difficult situation if they continue with this character development

Damn, I hope they don’t do that. I would hate to see them make him the villain. Though it would certainly be a surprise.

I actually like the swerve if those leaks are true given where I thought this was going.

Was good seeing his power-use in the trailer. Already seems better than what we’ve had of Cyclops’ optic beams on film to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"